Many questions about sinuses

Foody

I know this may sound strange, but you may want to consider a daily probiotic and an anti-inflammatory diet for a while. Inflammation and a lack of healthy bacteria in the gut can cause greater inflammation in the sinuses and lungs. Returning the gut to a balanced state can benefit the other systems. I know cutting out dairy during colds and allergy season helps alot of people.

Something to try...

Foody

I know this may sound strange, but you may want to consider a daily probiotic and an anti-inflammatory diet for a while. Inflammation and a lack of healthy bacteria in the gut can cause greater inflammation in the sinuses and lungs. Returning the gut to a balanced state can benefit the other systems. I know cutting out dairy during colds and allergy season helps alot of people.

Something to try...

Foody

Something to try...

Foody

Something to try...

Foody

Something to try...

Foody

Something to try...

MightyMikeyDMom

Thanks for the suggestions. My son went in to have his sinuses "cleaned out" on June 15th., this was approx. 2 months from first surgery. The Dr came out after his 30 min procedure turned into 3 hours, and told us he was very surprised by what he saw. He had more and bigger polyps than the first time and was full of crappy mucus and pus. They had him on IV antibiotics overnight d/c the next day , and was sent home on oral antibiotics and steroids(oral and nasal). He is sick once again and sounds like he did before, has anyone had polyps return so quick? If so what did they do for them?
Donna Mom to Mikey 6 with CF, Hannah 9 no CF

MightyMikeyDMom

Thanks for the suggestions. My son went in to have his sinuses "cleaned out" on June 15th., this was approx. 2 months from first surgery. The Dr came out after his 30 min procedure turned into 3 hours, and told us he was very surprised by what he saw. He had more and bigger polyps than the first time and was full of crappy mucus and pus. They had him on IV antibiotics overnight d/c the next day , and was sent home on oral antibiotics and steroids(oral and nasal). He is sick once again and sounds like he did before, has anyone had polyps return so quick? If so what did they do for them?

MightyMikeyDMom

MightyMikeyDMom

MightyMikeyDMom

MightyMikeyDMom

farmfamily

My son age 15 just had sinus surgery Monday 7/9 So far so good. He said last night that it felt so good to be able to breathe. He had several surgeries when he was younger then laid off and kept putting this one off. I hope it helps for a while.

Terri
Mom to 3; 2 w/cf

farmfamily

My son age 15 just had sinus surgery Monday 7/9 So far so good. He said last night that it felt so good to be able to breathe. He had several surgeries when he was younger then laid off and kept putting this one off. I hope it helps for a while.

Terri
Mom to 3; 2 w/cf

farmfamily

Terri
Mom to 3; 2 w/cf

farmfamily

Terri
Mom to 3; 2 w/cf

farmfamily

Terri
Mom to 3; 2 w/cf

farmfamily

Terri
Mom to 3; 2 w/cf

grassisgreener

When you say nasal washes, are you talking about something like the Neil Med bottle or a Neti Pot, or sorething else? Or do you just mean a few squirts of saline?

Amy, thanks for the info on the nasal sprays. I am going to ask about Nasacort and Allegra for my daughter (4wcf) bc she has been having lots of allergy symptoms, sinus congestions and ear infections as well. Lots of fun for her.

grassisgreener

When you say nasal washes, are you talking about something like the Neil Med bottle or a Neti Pot, or sorething else? Or do you just mean a few squirts of saline?

Amy, thanks for the info on the nasal sprays. I am going to ask about Nasacort and Allegra for my daughter (4wcf) bc she has been having lots of allergy symptoms, sinus congestions and ear infections as well. Lots of fun for her.