Marijuana Question

Emily65Roses

So everyone keeps telling me about how vaporizing it is totally safe. I know it's tons safer than smoking it outright, but it still doesn't seem as safe as everyone says it is (and you know how dumb people can be). No smoke, but you're still inhaling the chemicals.

I'm wondering if anyone knows any more about this than I do? Does the vaporized THC have any effect on the pseudomonas, or anything?

I know I also have the option of brownies, but that costs a lot more. You have to buy a lot for one batch, and you don't get quite as much "bang for your buck." Vaporizers are expensive, but after you buy one, you're set. Also, from what I understand, weed that's vaporized can then be smoked or eaten later, as some of the chemical is left inside the leaves. So you get twice as much out of it.

Anyways! The point is, I know I have other options. And I know it's illegal and I shouldn't be looking at it at all la de da. But I warned in the topic name, if you have a problem, don't open it up. So there it is, and there's my question.

If you're only going to say judgmental stuff, it has no use here, so you may as well not waste your breath. I'm just looking for any information others might have... because I don't know enough. And it's not like I can google it and find tons of articles on vaporizor use in CF lungs. Hah. I don't imagine they've researched it a whole lot. Anyways. Any helpful ideas, articles, info would be appreciated.

thelizardqueen

You've intrigued me. Can pot be vaporized? I wouldn't even know how to do that. It would definitly also be a cheaper option then brownies. I'm always looking for other options for when I want to do pot on the occasion. Tea doesn't work for me, and smoking it is out of the question. I wouldn't want to risk it anymore now. My only option is brownies, and like you've said - it can be expensive. I'd also be curious as to others opinions.

dyza

you could always make a hash yoghurt. Take enough hash for a spliff and put on a teaspoon add some oil, not to much now, and heat with a lighter until the oil starts to bubble,the oil should start to darken as it takes onboard the hash. Then stir into a fresh yoghurt and wait 5 mins until it has dispersed in the youghurt. Alternately eat straight away if you cant wait that long. I dont know if this works having never tried it myself.......

anonymous

A friend of mine told me that she had a friend who couln't smoke the stuff but would toast is on a frying pan then sprinkle it on toast and eat it. It is supposed to give you a very different high but its an alternative to smoking it. I'm sorry that I don't have anymore info like how long to toast it or how it affects your body. You will just have to experiment with it. Good Luck.

thelizardqueen

You can make pot butter as well. You can spread this on pretty much anything really or even put it on popcorn. Here's a link to some recipes:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://smokingwithstyle.com/cookingetiquette.htm">http://smokingwithstyle.com/cookingetiquette.htm</a>

JazzysMom

I crack up at how knowledgable we are on this topic....to answer the ?? Emily. I dont know, Sorry! If anyone actually tries the alternatives to the brownies please let me know!

Emily65Roses

I know about cannabutter. As for vaporizing, Liz, yes it's very possible. They have vaporizers that you can buy specifically for that purpose. Like <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.marijuanavaporizer.com/glass-deluxe-vaporizer.html">this one</a>.

thelizardqueen

Wow. It says you get no smoke from it because nothing actually burns, and that its carcinogen free. I would imagine because there's no smoke or carcinogens, that it wouldn't be harsh on our lungs, but then again there is the chemical component. Someone once said that there is Aspergillus in pot. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I would be very interested to know if anyone's used one of these before.

littlepinkstar

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thelizardqueen</b></i>

You can make pot butter as well. You can spread this on pretty much anything really or even put it on popcorn. Here's a link to some recipes:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://smokingwithstyle.com/cookingetiquette.htm">http://smokingwithstyle.com/cookingetiquette.htm</a></end quote></div>

Wow, haha.. i've never tried pot BUT.. that sounds good for some reason? Or, maybe i'm hungry for popcorn? lol

Ender

Ok well I've tried one before....

I think the word is a bit misleading. There is still smoke produced in a vaporizer, and quite a bit, i might add. Where there is smoke, there are bad things with it as well. It's not like the weed gets heated up and the thc magicallyappears in the glass bubble, smoke free.

I think the reasoning behind it is that since there is no direct flame to burn it, that the amount of tar and carinogens is a bit less. I dunno, it still burns a bit...albeit a bit less than a joint.

A good suggestion might be a water bong. They are very smooth. Basically the end of the tube where the pot is burned is doused in water...and it kinda filters out a lot of crap. If you keep it clean, you shouldn't have any issues with bugs. I know that after a bong session with friends, the water can be pretty nasty and yellow, and that's the stuff that would have ended up in your lungs if it was direct.

Add a little ice, and the pot is smooth as hell.

Kiel

thelizardqueen

The vaporizers get rid of about 95% of smoke and carcinogens. Don't quote me on this though, because we all know that the internet isn't full of the truth.

Ender

Well from experience, i would say there is way more than 5% if smoke...cause when the whole bowl goes clowdy and you can't see through it...well, that's a lot of smoke.

Thinking back...maybe the one i got wasn't the greatest...and it stillallowed a bit of combustion..however it was like $120..so i dunno.

But ya, a good quality one should be able to release the THC without combustion.

thelizardqueen

But if the vaporizer doesn't actually burn the pot, then how do you get smoke? It doesn't make sense to me, and that's probably becuase I don't know a lot about pot. You would think that the vapors are simply the chemicals in pot. Just like you would vaporize an oil or something similar - its not smoke being produced, but the chemicals.

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thelizardqueen</b></i>
its not smoke being produced, but the chemicals.</end quote></div>

From what I understand... that's how it works. Exactly what you said.

anonymous

My sister learned of this, and went out and bought one, she was excited when she told me about it...but I still haven't tried it. And a friend at work was saying that he has gotten high with one, and he said you couldn't even tell it was in the air, no smoke, or smell.

anonymous

p.s. I just looked at the one you have a link posted for, and both the vaporizer I had heard of, just "fishbowls" the room

Nolimitmce

Well Emily vaporizers are going to make the smoke alot less harsh. It doesnt completrely eliminate the smoke ...during the exhale you will still see that you inhaled some smoke. Now I put up a post a while back on how CF doctors do not do enough to deal with the everyday pains and anxiety that we go through. I have CFRD and psuedomonas but its really not that bad...and ive been extremely active and healthy. My suggestion is to try and completely avoid it. I take Xanax to deal with my everyday crap. Now I am not recommending that .....see your doctor but it sure does help. Some researher should look into the mdeicinal purposes of marijuana with CF becuase I was a smoker for a number of years . My emal is EGANR134@GMAIL.com or the one thats listed on this site...but i check that one more frequently...if you have ANY wuestions on the subject just send them there and I am pretty sure I can give you some guidance. Dont think that vaporizers are the answer though ...i read a post about the THC and oil and that does work but you have to know what your doing. anyways good luck ttyl

mike

22/M CF & CFRD

littledebbie

Do some words ever just jump out at you and you get the wrong impression of what a thread was going to be about...cuz I saw this and thought "what, now you can have in your tea?" Aw well, it was worth the read anyway....<br><br>I want to work on getting a prescription for it I just haven't worked up the nerve to ask my Dr....can you imagine that conversation, I mean it's one thing for him to know I do it, and it is legal if you get a script...but I mean asking my doc? I don't know about that....