Mark's been admitted

julie

Thank you everyone, your well wishes and prayer mean so much to both of us!

Fred, to answer your question, the coughing up blood only occured for those 2-3 days about 1.5 weeks ago or so. He went into the ER last night because he felt like he had a fever and couldn't catch his breath. They might be correlated (????) but that isn't THE reason he went to the ER. He had a fever of 103 and they said that his lungs were awful sounding.

They did Arterial blood gases on him and they were 58, so up to the ICU he went_ I didn't get that information until early this evening. I suppose it's a good thing because I would have been much more worried... I only got to see him for about 30 minutes tonight because I had to get home to relieve my mom from watching the kids for me.

He has been compliant with his meds and treatments, he's been on oral antibiotics for past month, just trying to clear this up, but it's evident they weren't enough. His pulmonologist says they were just keeping his infection at bay.

They've got him on vanco. and 2 other antibiotics (can't remember, Impermium or something and one other). He's really ansy and of course doesn't want to be there. He's bored out of his mind and its an older hospital in Arlington, WA (not the UW for you washingtonians) so there is no internet, the TV's are tiny... I wish I could have stayed longer to keep him company.

And for those who have inquired, we are not officially divorced yet. neither of us seem able to sign on the dotted lines, even though the paperwork has been filed and we've had ample opportunity to pick a court date- we have yet to do so. I'm still very much in love with him, and he assures me he is with me. We are not living together, but are at eachother's houses daily to spend time with the kids. We eat dinner together as a family Sunday nights, and do activities with the kids on the weekend. I guess I'm just rambling now, but neither of us really know "where" we are at with all of this right now. I guess we could use prayers on this too.

Thank you again for the outpouring of support, it means so much!

julie

Fred, to answer your question, the coughing up blood only occured for those 2-3 days about 1.5 weeks ago or so. He went into the ER last night because he felt like he had a fever and couldn't catch his breath. They might be correlated (????) but that isn't THE reason he went to the ER. He had a fever of 103 and they said that his lungs were awful sounding.

They did Arterial blood gases on him and they were 58, so up to the ICU he went_ I didn't get that information until early this evening. I suppose it's a good thing because I would have been much more worried... I only got to see him for about 30 minutes tonight because I had to get home to relieve my mom from watching the kids for me.

He has been compliant with his meds and treatments, he's been on oral antibiotics for past month, just trying to clear this up, but it's evident they weren't enough. His pulmonologist says they were just keeping his infection at bay.

They've got him on vanco. and 2 other antibiotics (can't remember, Impermium or something and one other). He's really ansy and of course doesn't want to be there. He's bored out of his mind and its an older hospital in Arlington, WA (not the UW for you washingtonians) so there is no internet, the TV's are tiny... I wish I could have stayed longer to keep him company.

And for those who have inquired, we are not officially divorced yet. neither of us seem able to sign on the dotted lines, even though the paperwork has been filed and we've had ample opportunity to pick a court date- we have yet to do so. I'm still very much in love with him, and he assures me he is with me. We are not living together, but are at eachother's houses daily to spend time with the kids. We eat dinner together as a family Sunday nights, and do activities with the kids on the weekend. I guess I'm just rambling now, but neither of us really know "where" we are at with all of this right now. I guess we could use prayers on this too.

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />Fred, to answer your question, the coughing up blood only occured for those 2-3 days about 1.5 weeks ago or so. He went into the ER last night because he felt like he had a fever and couldn't catch his breath. They might be correlated (????) but that isn't THE reason he went to the ER. He had a fever of 103 and they said that his lungs were awful sounding.
<br />
<br />They did Arterial blood gases on him and they were 58, so up to the ICU he went_ I didn't get that information until early this evening. I suppose it's a good thing because I would have been much more worried... I only got to see him for about 30 minutes tonight because I had to get home to relieve my mom from watching the kids for me.
<br />
<br />He has been compliant with his meds and treatments, he's been on oral antibiotics for past month, just trying to clear this up, but it's evident they weren't enough. His pulmonologist says they were just keeping his infection at bay.
<br />
<br />They've got him on vanco. and 2 other antibiotics (can't remember, Impermium or something and one other). He's really ansy and of course doesn't want to be there. He's bored out of his mind and its an older hospital in Arlington, WA (not the UW for you washingtonians) so there is no internet, the TV's are tiny... I wish I could have stayed longer to keep him company.
<br />
<br />And for those who have inquired, we are not officially divorced yet. neither of us seem able to sign on the dotted lines, even though the paperwork has been filed and we've had ample opportunity to pick a court date- we have yet to do so. I'm still very much in love with him, and he assures me he is with me. We are not living together, but are at eachother's houses daily to spend time with the kids. We eat dinner together as a family Sunday nights, and do activities with the kids on the weekend. I guess I'm just rambling now, but neither of us really know "where" we are at with all of this right now. I guess we could use prayers on this too.
<br />
<br />Thank you again for the outpouring of support, it means so much!
<br />
<br />

ladybug

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Mark's admission, Julie! I will send thoughts and prayers (lots of them) for a speedy recovery. I'm hoping since this is his first time the abx will kick this bug's a$$ right away since he's likely very sensitive to them. That's a good thing.

As for your relationship.... Let me know if you want to chat. I'm so glad all of this is working out amicably for you both and the kiddos, however I'm sure its still a heartbreaking situation for you both.... It sounds like you both care so deeply for one another still. I will send lots of thoughts and prayers that you find whatever peace (however that comes and whenever that comes) you need with all this.

My best to you ALL.

ladybug

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Mark's admission, Julie! I will send thoughts and prayers (lots of them) for a speedy recovery. I'm hoping since this is his first time the abx will kick this bug's a$$ right away since he's likely very sensitive to them. That's a good thing.

As for your relationship.... Let me know if you want to chat. I'm so glad all of this is working out amicably for you both and the kiddos, however I'm sure its still a heartbreaking situation for you both.... It sounds like you both care so deeply for one another still. I will send lots of thoughts and prayers that you find whatever peace (however that comes and whenever that comes) you need with all this.

My best to you ALL.

ladybug

My best to you ALL.

ladybug

My best to you ALL.

ladybug

<br />
<br />As for your relationship.... Let me know if you want to chat. I'm so glad all of this is working out amicably for you both and the kiddos, however I'm sure its still a heartbreaking situation for you both.... It sounds like you both care so deeply for one another still. I will send lots of thoughts and prayers that you find whatever peace (however that comes and whenever that comes) you need with all this.
<br />
<br />My best to you ALL.

Landy

Julie,
Thank you for the update. I hope Mark gets to feeling much better after the IV meds. How long do you think he'll be in??

Please tell him that we are all thinking of/praying for him!

Landy

Julie,
Thank you for the update. I hope Mark gets to feeling much better after the IV meds. How long do you think he'll be in??

Landy

Julie,

Landy

Julie,

Landy

Julie,
<br />Thank you for the update. I hope Mark gets to feeling much better after the IV meds. How long do you think he'll be in??
<br />
<br />Please tell him that we are all thinking of/praying for him!