massage therapy and CF

nance

Hi my name is nancy, I am a student of massage therapy in Ontario and I am doing a presentation at my school on CF. I was curious about how many people with CF use therapeutic massage in addition to their health care? Thank you!

nance

Hi my name is nancy, I am a student of massage therapy in Ontario and I am doing a presentation at my school on CF. I was curious about how many people with CF use therapeutic massage in addition to their health care? Thank you!

nance

nance

Does he find massage helps in any way regarding his Cf? As in, does it help his breathing or digestion ect.?

nance

Does he find massage helps in any way regarding his Cf? As in, does it help his breathing or digestion ect.?

nance

CaliSally

Hi Nance,
I have CF Related Arthritis (due to chronic inflammation). I use massage on occasion for relaxing my tense, tense muscles (combined with NSAIDS).

CaliSally

Hi Nance,
I have CF Related Arthritis (due to chronic inflammation). I use massage on occasion for relaxing my tense, tense muscles (combined with NSAIDS).

CaliSally

Hi Nance,

Uli

I do!
There is a special kind of massage, called reflectoric breathing therapy which is a little painful sometimes but helps to breathe deeper which I get once a week.
"Normal" massage is also good for CFers because we cough so hard and it helps to relax the muscles again.

Uli,44,Germany

Uli

I do!
There is a special kind of massage, called reflectoric breathing therapy which is a little painful sometimes but helps to breathe deeper which I get once a week.
"Normal" massage is also good for CFers because we cough so hard and it helps to relax the muscles again.

Uli,44,Germany

Uli

I do!

Uli,44,Germany

jfarel

My sis is a massage therapist and I was going once a week. It seemed to help. I'll look into that reflectoric breathing therapy.

jfarel

My sis is a massage therapist and I was going once a week. It seemed to help. I'll look into that reflectoric breathing therapy.

jfarel

mom2lillian

I love massage it is my absolute favorite thing. I get very tense mid/upper back (around lungs) muscles that dont actually hurt where they are but where they attach which is all around the shoulders and neck.

I am seeing a new chiropractor with a masseus and we are just this week discussing whether my lung issues can be related to my back muscle issues as they say I am one of the worst cases they have seen in a while (for a certain area of my muscles no tthe entire back) for muscle tightness. I was previously going to school for chiropractic and alot of this makes sense I am very interested in it. Also peopel with bad asthma and lung issues usually do not take deep breaths expanding thei rrib cage and chest properly which can also allow muscles to stay and get tight.

During pregnancy I had a deep tissue massage every week and it is the only time I did not have problems. I have also noticed the same muscles that are chronically tight with me really really get sore right before I get sick, I can always tell it is coming before the doctors can tell.

mom2lillian

I love massage it is my absolute favorite thing. I get very tense mid/upper back (around lungs) muscles that dont actually hurt where they are but where they attach which is all around the shoulders and neck.

I am seeing a new chiropractor with a masseus and we are just this week discussing whether my lung issues can be related to my back muscle issues as they say I am one of the worst cases they have seen in a while (for a certain area of my muscles no tthe entire back) for muscle tightness. I was previously going to school for chiropractic and alot of this makes sense I am very interested in it. Also peopel with bad asthma and lung issues usually do not take deep breaths expanding thei rrib cage and chest properly which can also allow muscles to stay and get tight.

During pregnancy I had a deep tissue massage every week and it is the only time I did not have problems. I have also noticed the same muscles that are chronically tight with me really really get sore right before I get sick, I can always tell it is coming before the doctors can tell.