Meconium Ileus and CF and Gene Question

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't having any problems (didn't know about the MI), but I seem to recall going to the doctor once a month early on, but then every two weeks and then closer to my due date once a week. 5 weeks DOES seem like a long time between appointments.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't having any problems (didn't know about the MI), but I seem to recall going to the doctor once a month early on, but then every two weeks and then closer to my due date once a week. 5 weeks DOES seem like a long time between appointments.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

jacksmom

Hi
My son Jack was born five weeks early and had MI.
My labor started natually and I had no problems with the labor and birth.
We had no indication that there was anything wrong until after he was born.

Maybe the doctors not wanting to see you for five weeks is an insurance issue? I would call the doctors office and find out why they dont' want to see you any sooner and express your concern.
Maybe there is not much to be done in the next five weeks.
I would definatly call, if for nothing else then your own peace of mind.

My son was five weeks early, but two weeks after my son was born there was another baby admitted to the NICU with the same diagnosis and he was two weeks overdue when he was born.
-Carey

jacksmom

Hi

Maybe the doctors not wanting to see you for five weeks is an insurance issue? I would call the doctors office and find out why they dont' want to see you any sooner and express your concern.

My son was five weeks early, but two weeks after my son was born there was another baby admitted to the NICU with the same diagnosis and he was two weeks overdue when he was born.
-Carey

jacksmom

Hi

-Carey

jacksmom

Hi

-Carey

jacksmom

Hi
<br />My son Jack was born five weeks early and had MI.
<br />My labor started natually and I had no problems with the labor and birth.
<br />We had no indication that there was anything wrong until after he was born.
<br />
<br />Maybe the doctors not wanting to see you for five weeks is an insurance issue? I would call the doctors office and find out why they dont' want to see you any sooner and express your concern.
<br />Maybe there is not much to be done in the next five weeks.
<br />I would definatly call, if for nothing else then your own peace of mind.
<br />
<br />My son was five weeks early, but two weeks after my son was born there was another baby admitted to the NICU with the same diagnosis and he was two weeks overdue when he was born.
<br />-Carey
<br />

Pumpkinnut3

My daughter was born full term, but small (5lbs1oz) almost 10yrs ago. Soon after birth she started vomiting and her abdomen was distended from Meconium ileus. Although she didn't require surgery she still spent about 2wks in the NICU while she was treated for jaundice and started to regulate her body temp. At the time my husband and I did not know we were carriers and actually knew very little about CF at all. Even with meconium ileus it still took us several infections and hospitalizations until we got her diagnosed at 16months old. I'd think that with knowing the baby has MI they would take advantage of the upper hand a little more. Have you mentioned to them about more frequent visits? Congratulations on your little miracle!!

Pumpkinnut3

My daughter was born full term, but small (5lbs1oz) almost 10yrs ago. Soon after birth she started vomiting and her abdomen was distended from Meconium ileus. Although she didn't require surgery she still spent about 2wks in the NICU while she was treated for jaundice and started to regulate her body temp. At the time my husband and I did not know we were carriers and actually knew very little about CF at all. Even with meconium ileus it still took us several infections and hospitalizations until we got her diagnosed at 16months old. I'd think that with knowing the baby has MI they would take advantage of the upper hand a little more. Have you mentioned to them about more frequent visits? Congratulations on your little miracle!!

Pumpkinnut3

Pumpkinnut3

Pumpkinnut3

S

scheesman

My daughter had MI. We also foundout at 27 weeks. She had 4 surgery's and spent 4 months in the NICU. I would try to get them to do ultrasound at least every 3 weeks. Just tell them that you are worried. They should work with you. Stress is the last thing you need to deel with. If there is any advice to take serious it would be to make sure the hospital has a top nouch NICU. We delivered 60 miles away just for the chance, thank god we did. If you have any Q's IM me. Sorry i have to get back to work.

S

scheesman

My daughter had MI. We also foundout at 27 weeks. She had 4 surgery's and spent 4 months in the NICU. I would try to get them to do ultrasound at least every 3 weeks. Just tell them that you are worried. They should work with you. Stress is the last thing you need to deel with. If there is any advice to take serious it would be to make sure the hospital has a top nouch NICU. We delivered 60 miles away just for the chance, thank god we did. If you have any Q's IM me. Sorry i have to get back to work.

S

scheesman

S

scheesman

S

scheesman

<br />