Medical Supplies

ctalbott0609

Hey everyone, I have a quick question or two. I'm looking at buying a few extra medical supplies to keep around the house...

I've noticed that syringes from our pharmacy are useless. After about the 4th or 5th time dosing medicines,the ink seems to begin rubbing off, and I don't feel comfortable guestimating weather or not I'm looking at the right number. So, I'm looking at buying them in bulk (I've seen them sold in boxes of 100 so far), so I can always have one when I need it. However, I'm not sure if there's a certain brand that are better then another, or what size would be best. So, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. (Right now, Paige has no drugs that require syringes with needles, so of course, these are syringe only.)

I'm also wondering if it would be worth it to order a stethoscope while I'm at it? I know when children are as young as she is, it's quite hard for an untrained ear to pick up abnormalities in her breathing, when using one. However, I'm wondering if it's something I would be able to learn, or if it's best to just wait until she's a few months older, and her lungs develop a little more? If it IS something that would be worth ordering at this time, what size, and brand is best?

Thanks for all your help guys! If any other moms have any suggestions on something else I should get (to make life a little easier), let me know!

ctalbott0609

Hey everyone, I have a quick question or two. I'm looking at buying a few extra medical supplies to keep around the house...

I've noticed that syringes from our pharmacy are useless. After about the 4th or 5th time dosing medicines,the ink seems to begin rubbing off, and I don't feel comfortable guestimating weather or not I'm looking at the right number. So, I'm looking at buying them in bulk (I've seen them sold in boxes of 100 so far), so I can always have one when I need it. However, I'm not sure if there's a certain brand that are better then another, or what size would be best. So, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. (Right now, Paige has no drugs that require syringes with needles, so of course, these are syringe only.)

I'm also wondering if it would be worth it to order a stethoscope while I'm at it? I know when children are as young as she is, it's quite hard for an untrained ear to pick up abnormalities in her breathing, when using one. However, I'm wondering if it's something I would be able to learn, or if it's best to just wait until she's a few months older, and her lungs develop a little more? If it IS something that would be worth ordering at this time, what size, and brand is best?

Thanks for all your help guys! If any other moms have any suggestions on something else I should get (to make life a little easier), let me know!

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

<br />
<br />I've noticed that syringes from our pharmacy are useless. After about the 4th or 5th time dosing medicines,the ink seems to begin rubbing off, and I don't feel comfortable guestimating weather or not I'm looking at the right number. So, I'm looking at buying them in bulk (I've seen them sold in boxes of 100 so far), so I can always have one when I need it. However, I'm not sure if there's a certain brand that are better then another, or what size would be best. So, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. (Right now, Paige has no drugs that require syringes with needles, so of course, these are syringe only.)
<br />
<br />I'm also wondering if it would be worth it to order a stethoscope while I'm at it? I know when children are as young as she is, it's quite hard for an untrained ear to pick up abnormalities in her breathing, when using one. However, I'm wondering if it's something I would be able to learn, or if it's best to just wait until she's a few months older, and her lungs develop a little more? If it IS something that would be worth ordering at this time, what size, and brand is best?
<br />
<br />Thanks for all your help guys! If any other moms have any suggestions on something else I should get (to make life a little easier), let me know!

just1more

You can buy a stethoscope pretty easy, look online or depending on where you are find a store that sells scrubs (uniform store or nurses supply) they should have one.

As for syringes, they are presciption only so you would have to convince a Dr to write a script in order to have any (sorry).

just1more

You can buy a stethoscope pretty easy, look online or depending on where you are find a store that sells scrubs (uniform store or nurses supply) they should have one.

As for syringes, they are presciption only so you would have to convince a Dr to write a script in order to have any (sorry).

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />As for syringes, they are presciption only so you would have to convince a Dr to write a script in order to have any (sorry).
<br />

hockeykid

Are you talking about the 10mL syringes for medication? I would recommend BD. You can get 100 10mL syringes for about $25.00. The slip tip ones are the ones that fit into the medication bottles. There should be no reason you can't get a prescription from your child's doctor. I believe these syringes are one time use. I use mine for the day and toss them. I would buy them from a Target, Costco, or Walmart Pharmacy. You will be able to get the best price for your dollar.

hockeykid

Are you talking about the 10mL syringes for medication? I would recommend BD. You can get 100 10mL syringes for about $25.00. The slip tip ones are the ones that fit into the medication bottles. There should be no reason you can't get a prescription from your child's doctor. I believe these syringes are one time use. I use mine for the day and toss them. I would buy them from a Target, Costco, or Walmart Pharmacy. You will be able to get the best price for your dollar.

hockeykid

hockeykid

hockeykid

crickit715

my best fried is a nurse and gave me a stethescope and i have used it on sophie since she was very young! i didnt know what i was listening for at first...but i take it to dr appointments with me and then when there is ever an issue, i ask to listen to it also...that was i have kind of started to understand what to listen for.

crickit715

my best fried is a nurse and gave me a stethescope and i have used it on sophie since she was very young! i didnt know what i was listening for at first...but i take it to dr appointments with me and then when there is ever an issue, i ask to listen to it also...that was i have kind of started to understand what to listen for.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715