Mediport for my 14 year old - should we do it?

swatterson

My daughter is hospitalized 2x a year for clean out for the past 6 years. More times than not she has had issues with picc line and perifial lines just don't work. They are discussing mediport with her. She is a competitive cheerleader, she tumbles, is active. Are there risks or issues with being very active, others accidently grabbing the area where it is at that we should consider....She is ok with it, my husband is not.

Any feed back would be great.

swatterson

My daughter is hospitalized 2x a year for clean out for the past 6 years. More times than not she has had issues with picc line and perifial lines just don't work. They are discussing mediport with her. She is a competitive cheerleader, she tumbles, is active. Are there risks or issues with being very active, others accidently grabbing the area where it is at that we should consider....She is ok with it, my husband is not.

swatterson

swatterson

swatterson

<br />
<br />Any feed back would be great.

cfprincess09

hi my name is ashley and i'm 14 that is a okay idea and you could get clots and when you fall on it or even lay down on where it is it hurts alot they took mine out because of PAIN it was to painful for me but it is not about what the parents whant because your daughter is really the one in the pain !

cfprincess09

hi my name is ashley and i'm 14 that is a okay idea and you could get clots and when you fall on it or even lay down on where it is it hurts alot they took mine out because of PAIN it was to painful for me but it is not about what the parents whant because your daughter is really the one in the pain !

cfprincess09

cfprincess09

cfprincess09

debs2girls

My daughter (9) has had one for about 14 months. She is very active in sports and does anything she could do prior to the port placement. She does complain of it being sensitive to the touch sometime...but other than that, we are very pleased with it and glad we decided to do it. Dad wasnt too happy at the time either..but now he is. PICC lines were terrible for her. My daughter is hospitalized locally, 4 times a year and then we travel to another hospital 4 times a year.

debs2girls

My daughter (9) has had one for about 14 months. She is very active in sports and does anything she could do prior to the port placement. She does complain of it being sensitive to the touch sometime...but other than that, we are very pleased with it and glad we decided to do it. Dad wasnt too happy at the time either..but now he is. PICC lines were terrible for her. My daughter is hospitalized locally, 4 times a year and then we travel to another hospital 4 times a year.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Josh got one when he was 14. He's had it 4 years without any problems. He has not been limited at all in regards to activities. He is glad he got it, especially when needing IV ABX.

The only problem he has is the placement. His is just outside his nipple. Since he's so thin, it sticks out a lot. He wears double shirts or prints so he can hide it a little.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Josh got one when he was 14. He's had it 4 years without any problems. He has not been limited at all in regards to activities. He is glad he got it, especially when needing IV ABX.

The only problem he has is the placement. His is just outside his nipple. Since he's so thin, it sticks out a lot. He wears double shirts or prints so he can hide it a little.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />The only problem he has is the placement. His is just outside his nipple. Since he's so thin, it sticks out a lot. He wears double shirts or prints so he can hide it a little.