meds. and nebs.

kitomd21

Ellie is 8 mos old and takes Albuterol via inhaler with her CPT (3x daily, CPT 20mins), AQUAdeks once daily, Zantac 3x daily, salt supplementation, and enzymes.....nothing else is necessary at this point per her doctor. He won't start Pulmozyme or HTS due to irritation concerns and her small airways..not sure when he'll start her on those....her treatments have been the same since birth....

kitomd21

Ellie is 8 mos old and takes Albuterol via inhaler with her CPT (3x daily, CPT 20mins), AQUAdeks once daily, Zantac 3x daily, salt supplementation, and enzymes.....nothing else is necessary at this point per her doctor. He won't start Pulmozyme or HTS due to irritation concerns and her small airways..not sure when he'll start her on those....her treatments have been the same since birth....

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

babyluke

Thanks to everyone! I was wondering about the HTS, so I was glad to hear that most kids started that when they were older. I hate the thought of anymore treatments or meds, but I would hate even more to think that he had missed out on years of something that could have really helped keep his lungs healthy. Thanks again! Angela

babyluke

Thanks to everyone! I was wondering about the HTS, so I was glad to hear that most kids started that when they were older. I hate the thought of anymore treatments or meds, but I would hate even more to think that he had missed out on years of something that could have really helped keep his lungs healthy. Thanks again! Angela

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke

grassisgreener

I think treatments should vary from patient to patient. My daughter started cpt, enzymes & vitamins everyday and albuterol when needed, just after she was diagnosed. She started pulmozyme a few months after she turned 5 and she has only used albuterol a handful of times since her dx. She is 5.5 years old now and doing great, never been in the hosptital, pfts are over 100, ect.

grassisgreener

I think treatments should vary from patient to patient. My daughter started cpt, enzymes & vitamins everyday and albuterol when needed, just after she was diagnosed. She started pulmozyme a few months after she turned 5 and she has only used albuterol a handful of times since her dx. She is 5.5 years old now and doing great, never been in the hosptital, pfts are over 100, ect.

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

mwthomas

I would like to know of anywhere that you can get help with purchasing a "shaker vest". My 4 yr old grandson was just diagnosed with CF and the family does not have insurance so they rely on Medicaid. They will only cover one thousand of the 13 thousand cost. I have never seen one of these vest so I do not know if a child grows out of them or not. If they do I would think that there would be a place to by a used vest. If anyone has information that can help me please let me know. Thank you

mwthomas

I would like to know of anywhere that you can get help with purchasing a "shaker vest". My 4 yr old grandson was just diagnosed with CF and the family does not have insurance so they rely on Medicaid. They will only cover one thousand of the 13 thousand cost. I have never seen one of these vest so I do not know if a child grows out of them or not. If they do I would think that there would be a place to by a used vest. If anyone has information that can help me please let me know. Thank you

mwthomas

mwthomas

mwthomas