meds. and nebs.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The vest machine itself stays the same, but the vest sizes change. When DS starts to outgrow one, the company just sends new ones. There are at least three different vest companies -- hill-roms thevest.com, the smart vest and respitech... They cost about $12,000-16,000

They may want to check with the social worker at the CF clinic they go to, to see about any programs that may be available for financing or to see if the vest might possibly be covered somehow...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The vest machine itself stays the same, but the vest sizes change. When DS starts to outgrow one, the company just sends new ones. There are at least three different vest companies -- hill-roms thevest.com, the smart vest and respitech... They cost about $12,000-16,000

They may want to check with the social worker at the CF clinic they go to, to see about any programs that may be available for financing or to see if the vest might possibly be covered somehow...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />They may want to check with the social worker at the CF clinic they go to, to see about any programs that may be available for financing or to see if the vest might possibly be covered somehow...

M

Mommafirst

I think your protocol is very much in line with what we do and what others do. My daughter is three, and while we did a trial of pulmozyme, we won't go back to it until she is 4.

Otherwise she does/takes:

30 min on vest 2x/day
creon 5
prevacid
albuterol 2x/day
vitamax (like the adeks)
pancreacarb for tube feeds
miralax

She's taking a 21 day course of abx right now too.

Otherwise, that's it!!!

M

Mommafirst

I think your protocol is very much in line with what we do and what others do. My daughter is three, and while we did a trial of pulmozyme, we won't go back to it until she is 4.

30 min on vest 2x/day
creon 5
prevacid
albuterol 2x/day
vitamax (like the adeks)
miralax

Otherwise, that's it!!!

M

Mommafirst

30 min on vest 2x/day
creon 5
prevacid
albuterol 2x/day
vitamax (like the adeks)
miralax

Otherwise, that's it!!!

M

Mommafirst

30 min on vest 2x/day
creon 5
prevacid
albuterol 2x/day
vitamax (like the adeks)
miralax

Otherwise, that's it!!!

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Otherwise she does/takes:
<br />
<br />30 min on vest 2x/day
<br />creon 5
<br />prevacid
<br />albuterol 2x/day
<br />vitamax (like the adeks)
<br />pancreacarb for tube feeds
<br />miralax
<br />
<br />She's taking a 21 day course of abx right now too.
<br />
<br />Otherwise, that's it!!!