Mild CF?

2sickkids

Labeling cf is just like doing so with anything else. Like most other replies said. Both of my sons have double df508.They have differnt reactions to cf. I have read about many other people with the same mutations with way more or less comps.

My 4yr old had pneumonia his first and only time so far at 2wks old. Was tube fed till 14mo. He was diagnosed w/cirrohsis at 3mo, renal disease at 2, crfd at three. He like his older brother also has lots of sinus,stomach, allergy, and asthma problems.

My 6yr old has liver disease. He never had pneumonia till this April and has had it 5 times since. Both have a daily cough.

2sickkids

Labeling cf is just like doing so with anything else. Like most other replies said. Both of my sons have double df508.They have differnt reactions to cf. I have read about many other people with the same mutations with way more or less comps.

My 4yr old had pneumonia his first and only time so far at 2wks old. Was tube fed till 14mo. He was diagnosed w/cirrohsis at 3mo, renal disease at 2, crfd at three. He like his older brother also has lots of sinus,stomach, allergy, and asthma problems.

My 6yr old has liver disease. He never had pneumonia till this April and has had it 5 times since. Both have a daily cough.

2sickkids

2sickkids

2sickkids

<br />
<br /> My 4yr old had pneumonia his first and only time so far at 2wks old. Was tube fed till 14mo. He was diagnosed w/cirrohsis at 3mo, renal disease at 2, crfd at three. He like his older brother also has lots of sinus,stomach, allergy, and asthma problems.
<br />
<br /> My 6yr old has liver disease. He never had pneumonia till this April and has had it 5 times since. Both have a daily cough.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Juliet

CF is progressive. Some people progress faster than others. Some are luckier and don't catch some of the common CF bugs as early in their lives as some others catch them. Recurrent infections can cause permanent damage to the lungs so an individual's treatment history definitely comes into play. I think my CF hasn't progressed as far as many CFers my age, I attribute that mostly to dumb luck. I wasn't diagnosed until March of 2008 at 43 years old. I've only since then started on a regular airway clearance regimen (which BTW has helped me feel far better than I have in many many years!) About two or three years ago I caught a Mycobacterial infection. Since then I progressed a lot further down the slippery CF slope - which is what ultimately led to my diagnosis of CF.

Do I have "mild CF"? No, I don't. I have CF. At one point I tried to delude myself with the "mild CF" concept, but not anymore. I was just pretty darn lucky for 40 or so years before my CF lungs harbored a nasty bacteria and really started to significantly degrade my health. ~Juliet

Juliet

CF is progressive. Some people progress faster than others. Some are luckier and don't catch some of the common CF bugs as early in their lives as some others catch them. Recurrent infections can cause permanent damage to the lungs so an individual's treatment history definitely comes into play. I think my CF hasn't progressed as far as many CFers my age, I attribute that mostly to dumb luck. I wasn't diagnosed until March of 2008 at 43 years old. I've only since then started on a regular airway clearance regimen (which BTW has helped me feel far better than I have in many many years!) About two or three years ago I caught a Mycobacterial infection. Since then I progressed a lot further down the slippery CF slope - which is what ultimately led to my diagnosis of CF.

Do I have "mild CF"? No, I don't. I have CF. At one point I tried to delude myself with the "mild CF" concept, but not anymore. I was just pretty darn lucky for 40 or so years before my CF lungs harbored a nasty bacteria and really started to significantly degrade my health. ~Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

<br />
<br />Do I have "mild CF"? No, I don't. I have CF. At one point I tried to delude myself with the "mild CF" concept, but not anymore. I was just pretty darn lucky for 40 or so years before my CF lungs harbored a nasty bacteria and really started to significantly degrade my health. ~Juliet