Miscarriage and trying again

rnjessica

Hello all,

I guess I just need to vent/need support. Anyway December 30th would have been my due date, however that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage in May. I've had such a hard time recently dealing with the whole pregnancy issue. I knew I'd think a lot about the baby this time of year, but had no idea I'd feel like this. I guess I am just thinking about all the "would have beens" right now. To be quite honest, it's been very depressing. This was my first pregnancy.

Again we've been given the green light by the CF team @ Hopkins, and the High Risk OB team @ Hopkins. I know, yes I was able to get pregnant on my own, however this has been so difficult. We finally decided to go ahead and try again this September. However, we've hit nothing but road blocks. Such as Pneumonia leading to my first adult admission. I just want things to get better, and me get back to my positive self again. I know they said to try for 6 months again, and technically with all these external issues, I have nothing to complain about yet, it's just frustrating...

Thanks for listening.

rnjessica

Hello all,

I guess I just need to vent/need support. Anyway December 30th would have been my due date, however that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage in May. I've had such a hard time recently dealing with the whole pregnancy issue. I knew I'd think a lot about the baby this time of year, but had no idea I'd feel like this. I guess I am just thinking about all the "would have beens" right now. To be quite honest, it's been very depressing. This was my first pregnancy.

Again we've been given the green light by the CF team @ Hopkins, and the High Risk OB team @ Hopkins. I know, yes I was able to get pregnant on my own, however this has been so difficult. We finally decided to go ahead and try again this September. However, we've hit nothing but road blocks. Such as Pneumonia leading to my first adult admission. I just want things to get better, and me get back to my positive self again. I know they said to try for 6 months again, and technically with all these external issues, I have nothing to complain about yet, it's just frustrating...

Thanks for listening.

rnjessica

Hello all,

Thanks for listening.

rnjessica

Hello all,

Thanks for listening.

rnjessica

Hello all,
<br />
<br />I guess I just need to vent/need support. Anyway December 30th would have been my due date, however that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage in May. I've had such a hard time recently dealing with the whole pregnancy issue. I knew I'd think a lot about the baby this time of year, but had no idea I'd feel like this. I guess I am just thinking about all the "would have beens" right now. To be quite honest, it's been very depressing. This was my first pregnancy.
<br />
<br />Again we've been given the green light by the CF team @ Hopkins, and the High Risk OB team @ Hopkins. I know, yes I was able to get pregnant on my own, however this has been so difficult. We finally decided to go ahead and try again this September. However, we've hit nothing but road blocks. Such as Pneumonia leading to my first adult admission. I just want things to get better, and me get back to my positive self again. I know they said to try for 6 months again, and technically with all these external issues, I have nothing to complain about yet, it's just frustrating...
<br />
<br />Thanks for listening.

mamaScarlett

I haven't had a m/c, but I had a blighted ovum 2 months ago. That was nothing compared to what you're going through-and yet I was very upset by that.
My mil had 3 m/c (and eventually 8 healthy children). I know when she speaks of it, and when advising other women going through it, she says you just can't move on until you're pregnant again and until you're holding that baby in your arms.

I have a 2.5 yr old. I got preg on my own and had a healthy pregnancy. I got the green light to try again, and now we'll be set back a few months too. Even though there's no "reason" I can't get preg on my own again-I think as a cfer sometimes we're always waiting for the ball to drop. Waiting for the next problem.
Everyone on my cf team says it will be fine, and it will happen. But I won't have peace of mind until it does. I don't know if that makes any sense-but I'm a worryer.

I've had some set backs-it sounds like you've had some too. But the thing is, your docs have given you the go ahead-and remember what that says about you. They wouldn't do that if they had any major concerns. Remember how lucky you are to be able to try. It will happen for you!

mamaScarlett

I haven't had a m/c, but I had a blighted ovum 2 months ago. That was nothing compared to what you're going through-and yet I was very upset by that.
My mil had 3 m/c (and eventually 8 healthy children). I know when she speaks of it, and when advising other women going through it, she says you just can't move on until you're pregnant again and until you're holding that baby in your arms.

I have a 2.5 yr old. I got preg on my own and had a healthy pregnancy. I got the green light to try again, and now we'll be set back a few months too. Even though there's no "reason" I can't get preg on my own again-I think as a cfer sometimes we're always waiting for the ball to drop. Waiting for the next problem.
Everyone on my cf team says it will be fine, and it will happen. But I won't have peace of mind until it does. I don't know if that makes any sense-but I'm a worryer.

I've had some set backs-it sounds like you've had some too. But the thing is, your docs have given you the go ahead-and remember what that says about you. They wouldn't do that if they had any major concerns. Remember how lucky you are to be able to try. It will happen for you!

mamaScarlett

mamaScarlett

mamaScarlett

<br />My mil had 3 m/c (and eventually 8 healthy children). I know when she speaks of it, and when advising other women going through it, she says you just can't move on until you're pregnant again and until you're holding that baby in your arms.
<br />
<br />I have a 2.5 yr old. I got preg on my own and had a healthy pregnancy. I got the green light to try again, and now we'll be set back a few months too. Even though there's no "reason" I can't get preg on my own again-I think as a cfer sometimes we're always waiting for the ball to drop. Waiting for the next problem.
<br />Everyone on my cf team says it will be fine, and it will happen. But I won't have peace of mind until it does. I don't know if that makes any sense-but I'm a worryer.
<br />
<br />I've had some set backs-it sounds like you've had some too. But the thing is, your docs have given you the go ahead-and remember what that says about you. They wouldn't do that if they had any major concerns. Remember how lucky you are to be able to try. It will happen for you!

petnurse

I am so sorry to hear this. I know the season makes it harder. If you are ready, try, try again. I have not had a miscarriage, but several of my friends have. One even had a baby that was born at 20 weeks and only lived for about 20 minutes. Miscarriges early are common, although none less heartbreaking, as I'm sure you have been told many times before. Good luck to you and I hope things work out. You can vent here anytime!

petnurse

I am so sorry to hear this. I know the season makes it harder. If you are ready, try, try again. I have not had a miscarriage, but several of my friends have. One even had a baby that was born at 20 weeks and only lived for about 20 minutes. Miscarriges early are common, although none less heartbreaking, as I'm sure you have been told many times before. Good luck to you and I hope things work out. You can vent here anytime!

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse