MMS

PF

<p>Hi rmotion<p>Thanks for sharing. Bad taste or nausea wouldn't worry me as long as I see positive results!

PF

Hi lizlasI got it from a health store and the brand was Biosil but I suspect that's just a local brand so may not be the same where you are. Apparently MMS is only active in your system for 2 hours so I would guess as long as you keep your doses seperated as far as possible from medication it should be ok. I don't know what meds you're on & I'm not a medical professional so please do your research & get further advice!

PF

Hi lizlasI got it from a health store and the brand was Biosil but I suspect that's just a local brand so may not be the same where you are. Apparently MMS is only active in your system for 2 hours so I would guess as long as you keep your doses seperated as far as possible from medication it should be ok. I don't know what meds you're on & I'm not a medical professional so please do your research & get further advice!

PF

<p>Hi lizlas<p>I got it from a health store and the brand was Biosil but I suspect that's just a local brand so may not be the same where you are. Apparently MMS is only active in your system for 2 hours so I would guess as long as you keep your doses seperated as far as possible from medication it should be ok. I don't know what meds you're on & I'm not a medical professional so please do your research & get further advice!

cpubanz

this is what I googled about it, not sure how accurate, but if it is it cant be good!

Miracle Mineral Supplement

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Miracle Mineral Supplement, often referred to as Miracle Mineral Solution or MMS, is the colloquial product name for an aqueous solution of 28% sodium chlorite, a toxic chemical[1][2][3][4][5] known to cause fatal renal failure,[6] in distilled water. When prepared with a citric acid solution as described in its instructions for preparation, the mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent oxidizing agent used in water treatment and in bleaching.[7] The name was first coined by author, Jim Humble, in his 2006 self-published book, The Miracle Mineral Solution of the 21st Century.[8]

MMS is promoted as a cure for HIV, malaria, hepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, acne, against cancer, and much more. However reliable scientific evidence supports only dangers from use of the substance and not any clinical efficacy; claims of benefit come only from anecdotal reports and Jim Humble's book.[9][10] MMS is often described as a water purifier so as to circumvent regulations prohibiting the sale of unregulated medicines.[11] In January 2010, The Sydney Morning Herald reported that one vendor admitted that they do not repeat any of Jim Humble's claims in writing to circumvent regulations against using it as a medicine.[12] Stephen Barrett M.D. an expert in health fraud, advises to "Be skeptical of any product claimed to be effective against a wide range of unrelated diseases - particularly diseases that are serious. There is no such thing as a panacea or "cure-all". [13]

[edit] Safety

A notice was released in July 2010 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warning that the instructions for preparing the solution by mixing it with an acidic solution, or even orange juice, would produce chlorine dioxide, "a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment." Because of reports including nausea, vomiting, and dangerously low blood pressure as a result of dehydration following instructed use, the FDA has advised consumers to dispose of the product immediately.[7]

In the UK, the Food Standards Agency also released a warning, following the warnings from Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, in it they stated that "MMS is a 28% sodium chlorite solution which is equivalent to industrial-strength bleach.[14] When taken as directed it could cause severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, potentially leading to dehydration and reduced blood pressure. If the solution is diluted less than instructed, it could cause damage to the gut and red blood cells, potentially resulting in respiratory failure."[15][16]

MMS is not approved for the treatment of any disease and chronic exposure to small doses of chlorine dioxide could cause reproductive and neurodevelopmental damage, according to the EPA.[17] A short term study found no effects in hematological or urine chemistry or in physical symptoms in human volunteers over a period of 84 days.[18] While studies of chlorine dioxide effects in humans are rare, studies on animal subjects are more common; chlorine dioxide has been shown to impair thyroid function and reduce T4 cell count in monkeys after 6 months.[19] Another study in rats resulted in reduced red blood cells count when exposed to 100 mg/L of Chlorine Dioxide concentration in their drinking water, after 3 months.[20] The United States Department of Labour restricts occupational exposure through inhalation of chlorine dioxide to 0.1ppm since concentrations at 10ppm resulted in deaths in rats, after 10 days while a case where a worker was accidentally exposed to 19ppm resulted in death.[21] According to the same organisation "chlorine dioxide is a severe respiratory and eye irritant in humans".[21]

cpubanz

this is what I googled about it, not sure how accurate, but if it is it cant be good!

Miracle Mineral Supplement

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Miracle Mineral Supplement, often referred to as Miracle Mineral Solution or MMS, is the colloquial product name for an aqueous solution of 28% sodium chlorite, a toxic chemical[1][2][3][4][5] known to cause fatal renal failure,[6] in distilled water. When prepared with a citric acid solution as described in its instructions for preparation, the mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent oxidizing agent used in water treatment and in bleaching.[7] The name was first coined by author, Jim Humble, in his 2006 self-published book, The Miracle Mineral Solution of the 21st Century.[8]

MMS is promoted as a cure for HIV, malaria, hepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, acne, against cancer, and much more. However reliable scientific evidence supports only dangers from use of the substance and not any clinical efficacy; claims of benefit come only from anecdotal reports and Jim Humble's book.[9][10] MMS is often described as a water purifier so as to circumvent regulations prohibiting the sale of unregulated medicines.[11] In January 2010, The Sydney Morning Herald reported that one vendor admitted that they do not repeat any of Jim Humble's claims in writing to circumvent regulations against using it as a medicine.[12] Stephen Barrett M.D. an expert in health fraud, advises to "Be skeptical of any product claimed to be effective against a wide range of unrelated diseases - particularly diseases that are serious. There is no such thing as a panacea or "cure-all". [13]

[edit] Safety

A notice was released in July 2010 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warning that the instructions for preparing the solution by mixing it with an acidic solution, or even orange juice, would produce chlorine dioxide, "a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment." Because of reports including nausea, vomiting, and dangerously low blood pressure as a result of dehydration following instructed use, the FDA has advised consumers to dispose of the product immediately.[7]

In the UK, the Food Standards Agency also released a warning, following the warnings from Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, in it they stated that "MMS is a 28% sodium chlorite solution which is equivalent to industrial-strength bleach.[14] When taken as directed it could cause severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, potentially leading to dehydration and reduced blood pressure. If the solution is diluted less than instructed, it could cause damage to the gut and red blood cells, potentially resulting in respiratory failure."[15][16]

MMS is not approved for the treatment of any disease and chronic exposure to small doses of chlorine dioxide could cause reproductive and neurodevelopmental damage, according to the EPA.[17] A short term study found no effects in hematological or urine chemistry or in physical symptoms in human volunteers over a period of 84 days.[18] While studies of chlorine dioxide effects in humans are rare, studies on animal subjects are more common; chlorine dioxide has been shown to impair thyroid function and reduce T4 cell count in monkeys after 6 months.[19] Another study in rats resulted in reduced red blood cells count when exposed to 100 mg/L of Chlorine Dioxide concentration in their drinking water, after 3 months.[20] The United States Department of Labour restricts occupational exposure through inhalation of chlorine dioxide to 0.1ppm since concentrations at 10ppm resulted in deaths in rats, after 10 days while a case where a worker was accidentally exposed to 19ppm resulted in death.[21] According to the same organisation "chlorine dioxide is a severe respiratory and eye irritant in humans".[21]

cpubanz

<br />
<br />Miracle Mineral Supplement
<br />
<br />
<br />From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Miracle Mineral Supplement, often referred to as Miracle Mineral Solution or MMS, is the colloquial product name for an aqueous solution of 28% sodium chlorite, a toxic chemical[1][2][3][4][5] known to cause fatal renal failure,[6] in distilled water. When prepared with a citric acid solution as described in its instructions for preparation, the mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent oxidizing agent used in water treatment and in bleaching.[7] The name was first coined by author, Jim Humble, in his 2006 self-published book, The Miracle Mineral Solution of the 21st Century.[8]
<br />
<br />MMS is promoted as a cure for HIV, malaria, hepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, acne, against cancer, and much more. However reliable scientific evidence supports only dangers from use of the substance and not any clinical efficacy; claims of benefit come only from anecdotal reports and Jim Humble's book.[9][10] MMS is often described as a water purifier so as to circumvent regulations prohibiting the sale of unregulated medicines.[11] In January 2010, The Sydney Morning Herald reported that one vendor admitted that they do not repeat any of Jim Humble's claims in writing to circumvent regulations against using it as a medicine.[12] Stephen Barrett M.D. an expert in health fraud, advises to "Be skeptical of any product claimed to be effective against a wide range of unrelated diseases - particularly diseases that are serious. There is no such thing as a panacea or "cure-all". [13]
<br />
<br />[edit] Safety
<br />
<br />A notice was released in July 2010 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warning that the instructions for preparing the solution by mixing it with an acidic solution, or even orange juice, would produce chlorine dioxide, "a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment." Because of reports including nausea, vomiting, and dangerously low blood pressure as a result of dehydration following instructed use, the FDA has advised consumers to dispose of the product immediately.[7]
<br />
<br />In the UK, the Food Standards Agency also released a warning, following the warnings from Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, in it they stated that "MMS is a 28% sodium chlorite solution which is equivalent to industrial-strength bleach.[14] When taken as directed it could cause severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, potentially leading to dehydration and reduced blood pressure. If the solution is diluted less than instructed, it could cause damage to the gut and red blood cells, potentially resulting in respiratory failure."[15][16]
<br />
<br />MMS is not approved for the treatment of any disease and chronic exposure to small doses of chlorine dioxide could cause reproductive and neurodevelopmental damage, according to the EPA.[17] A short term study found no effects in hematological or urine chemistry or in physical symptoms in human volunteers over a period of 84 days.[18] While studies of chlorine dioxide effects in humans are rare, studies on animal subjects are more common; chlorine dioxide has been shown to impair thyroid function and reduce T4 cell count in monkeys after 6 months.[19] Another study in rats resulted in reduced red blood cells count when exposed to 100 mg/L of Chlorine Dioxide concentration in their drinking water, after 3 months.[20] The United States Department of Labour restricts occupational exposure through inhalation of chlorine dioxide to 0.1ppm since concentrations at 10ppm resulted in deaths in rats, after 10 days while a case where a worker was accidentally exposed to 19ppm resulted in death.[21] According to the same organisation "chlorine dioxide is a severe respiratory and eye irritant in humans".[21]
<br />

PF

<br>Thanks for the information & caution, however the FDA has approved many drugs that cause the same side effects including kidney failure. No treatment is without its risks.

PF

<br>Thanks for the information & caution,however the FDA has approved many drugs that cause the same side effectsincluding kidney failure. No treatment is without its risks.

PF

<br>Thanks for the information & caution,however the FDA has approved many drugs that cause the same side effectsincluding kidney failure. No treatment is without its risks.

Tisha

A German natural health professional (Germany is quite advanced in using "natural" health practices even in the public health system) just recommended MMS to me, for my Pseudomonas infection (multiresistant, hypermutant, I've had them since 1985). She says they're having amazing results with it.

Those of you who are using this product, please keep reporting! Clear cultures sound fantastic...

I'm researching something else for inflammation, which seems to be working very well, and so far has had an effect in my stomach inflammation and bloating. I'll keep you posted regarding lung inflammation, but dealing with the bugs is an important priority!

Tisha

A German natural health professional (Germany is quite advanced in using "natural" health practices even in the public health system) just recommended MMS to me, for my Pseudomonas infection (multiresistant, hypermutant, I've had them since 1985). She says they're having amazing results with it.

Those of you who are using this product, please keep reporting! Clear cultures sound fantastic...

I'm researching something else for inflammation, which seems to be working very well, and so far has had an effect in my stomach inflammation and bloating. I'll keep you posted regarding lung inflammation, but dealing with the bugs is an important priority!

Tisha

<br />
<br />Those of you who are using this product, please keep reporting! Clear cultures sound fantastic...
<br />
<br />I'm researching something else for inflammation, which seems to be working very well, and so far has had an effect in my stomach inflammation and bloating. I'll keep you posted regarding lung inflammation, but dealing with the bugs is an important priority!

L

lizlas

<P>Tisha:</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Let us know how the MMS works on your bacteria....and what improvement you get...</P>
<P> </P>
<P>and what are you investigating for lung inflammation?  please post what you discover...</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Thanks Liz</P>

L

lizlas

<P>Tisha:</P>
<P></P>
<P>Let us know how the MMS works on your bacteria....and what improvement you get...</P>
<P></P>
<P>and what are you investigating for lung inflammation? please post what you discover...</P>
<P></P>
<P>Thanks Liz</P>

L

lizlas

<P><BR>Tisha:</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>and what are you investigating for lung inflammation? please post what you discover...</P>
<P></P>
<P>Thanks Liz</P>

Tisha

Liz:
I've been using (just for a couple weeks) LifeWave Aeon patches. They don't introduce any substance (whether natural or chemical) in your body, just activate Chinese meridian points. A friend told me about them, who had been using another type of the same brand, with very good results on pain.

These are supposed to work for inflammation, and aside from the lungs, I suffer from daily bloating after eating - all day - and it's pretty distressing. So I decided to give it a try. The 30-patch packet costs 50 dollars when buying them 3 at a time, and I decided to combine them with Glutathione patches (for immune system) and Carnosine (for general health). I cannot say much about the latter two, but when putting on 2 Aeon patches at the same time, in specific points, within half an hour I was breathing better. And after 3 days of using them, I realized my belly wasn't bloating at all! So if it only were for the digestive part, I think it's worth it (no tight jeans anymore, yay!). And if in time it reduces the lung inflammation, which in turn reduces the amount of mucus (and feeding for the Pseudomonas) I think it could be very good.

If then MMS gets rid of the pseudomonas, the worst part of CF would be over! (my digestive system is pretty much under control with 1/2 Creon per meal).

For more info on the patches, you can read at http://www.lifewave.com/shamay which is where I bought them. They have some 40+ double-blind clinical studies on it, so I feel pretty safe.