mono....

thefrogprincess

I had mono in November and I have CF. All the standard stuff applies (fluids, rest, etc), but also go get tested so you know for sure, its just a blood test. And let your CF doc know. You are ripe for a secondary infection because you are worn down right now. I ended up getting a lung infection in addition to the mono and took oral abx. You can never be too careful. Take it easy and don't fight the urge to sleep.

thefrogprincess

I had mono in November and I have CF. All the standard stuff applies (fluids, rest, etc), but also go get tested so you know for sure, its just a blood test. And let your CF doc know. You are ripe for a secondary infection because you are worn down right now. I ended up getting a lung infection in addition to the mono and took oral abx. You can never be too careful. Take it easy and don't fight the urge to sleep.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />

stanntn

I have CF and I had mono in 97, man let me tell you, that was the first time I seriously thought I was going to die. I was in the hospital for a week. I also got two different types of pseudomonas then with it. I was told that it takes a year to completely get out of your system. I remeber taking it easy for about a month.

stanntn

I have CF and I had mono in 97, man let me tell you, that was the first time I seriously thought I was going to die. I was in the hospital for a week. I also got two different types of pseudomonas then with it. I was told that it takes a year to completely get out of your system. I remeber taking it easy for about a month.

stanntn

stanntn

stanntn

Marjolein

How I hate Mono!

Mono is what the combined symptoms are called from the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV).

I'm post transplant and got this virus with my new lungs.
My immune system didn't have anti bodies against this virus yet and now my immune stystem is compromised because of the anti rejection meds so I have a hard time fighting it.

The virus count just shot up again a few weeks ago. I have to go back to clinic and have my blood tested again this coming Thursday and will probably have to have it checked every few weeks.

The symptoms that I have are severe fatique. And muscle tiredness. At night I can't keep my arms up and even now in the morning I feel my hands and arms when I am typing on the computer. I also tend to support my head with my hand or let my head rest on the sofa.

Like the other said, have lots and lots of rest. Sleep plenty. And drink plenty.
The rest should help you get your immune system up so you can fight this virus better.

Have your doctor do a bloodtest for EBV. This can be done from 'full blood' or 'serum blood'. With me they usually do 'full blood' but now they are going to do it from Serum too. So they can see how active this virus actually is.

When they do a bloodtest and it's positive for EBV, you will be sure it's mono that is causing your symptoms. And not some bacterial infection brewing somewhere..

Marjolein

How I hate Mono!

Mono is what the combined symptoms are called from the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV).

My immune system didn't have anti bodies against this virus yet and now my immune stystem is compromised because of the anti rejection meds so I have a hard time fighting it.

The virus count just shot up again a few weeks ago. I have to go back to clinic and have my blood tested again this coming Thursday and will probably have to have it checked every few weeks.

The symptoms that I have are severe fatique. And muscle tiredness. At night I can't keep my arms up and even now in the morning I feel my hands and arms when I am typing on the computer. I also tend to support my head with my hand or let my head rest on the sofa.

Like the other said, have lots and lots of rest. Sleep plenty. And drink plenty.
The rest should help you get your immune system up so you can fight this virus better.

Have your doctor do a bloodtest for EBV. This can be done from 'full blood' or 'serum blood'. With me they usually do 'full blood' but now they are going to do it from Serum too. So they can see how active this virus actually is.

When they do a bloodtest and it's positive for EBV, you will be sure it's mono that is causing your symptoms. And not some bacterial infection brewing somewhere..

Marjolein

How I hate Mono!

Marjolein

How I hate Mono!

Marjolein

How I hate Mono!
<br />
<br />Mono is what the combined symptoms are called from the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV).
<br />
<br />I'm post transplant and got this virus with my new lungs.
<br />My immune system didn't have anti bodies against this virus yet and now my immune stystem is compromised because of the anti rejection meds so I have a hard time fighting it.
<br />
<br />The virus count just shot up again a few weeks ago. I have to go back to clinic and have my blood tested again this coming Thursday and will probably have to have it checked every few weeks.
<br />
<br />The symptoms that I have are severe fatique. And muscle tiredness. At night I can't keep my arms up and even now in the morning I feel my hands and arms when I am typing on the computer. I also tend to support my head with my hand or let my head rest on the sofa.
<br />
<br />Like the other said, have lots and lots of rest. Sleep plenty. And drink plenty.
<br />The rest should help you get your immune system up so you can fight this virus better.
<br />
<br />Have your doctor do a bloodtest for EBV. This can be done from 'full blood' or 'serum blood'. With me they usually do 'full blood' but now they are going to do it from Serum too. So they can see how active this virus actually is.
<br />
<br />When they do a bloodtest and it's positive for EBV, you will be sure it's mono that is causing your symptoms. And not some bacterial infection brewing somewhere..