Mouthwash recall (b cepacia)

janeleach

I just called my son's Cf coordinator to tell her "Listerine Agent Cool Blue" mouthwash was recalled 04-12-07 and she didn't know. I wanted to make sure everyone knew. It doesn't contain a preservative that prevents b cepacia from contaminating it. Of course, my luck. that's the mouthwash my kids use. My 10 yr old has Cf. He didn't have b cepacia 2 mnths ago and hopefully still won't. If you go on line you'll find info under "Agent Cool Blue"

janeleach

I just called my son's Cf coordinator to tell her "Listerine Agent Cool Blue" mouthwash was recalled 04-12-07 and she didn't know. I wanted to make sure everyone knew. It doesn't contain a preservative that prevents b cepacia from contaminating it. Of course, my luck. that's the mouthwash my kids use. My 10 yr old has Cf. He didn't have b cepacia 2 mnths ago and hopefully still won't. If you go on line you'll find info under "Agent Cool Blue"

janeleach

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>janeleach</b></i>

I just called my son's Cf coordinator to tell her "Listerine Agent Cool Blue" mouthwash was recalled 04-12-07 and she didn't know. I wanted to make sure everyone knew. It doesn't contain a preservative that prevents b cepacia from contaminating it. Of course, my luck. that's the mouthwash my kids use. My 10 yr old has Cf. He didn't have b cepacia 2 mnths ago and hopefully still won't. If you go on line you'll find info under "Agent Cool Blue"</end quote></div>

This was on another thread, but nothing said it was to do with b cepacia. Isnt this the same company that had a scare with another product and b cepacia.....hmmmmm!

Thanks for the update!

JazzysMom

I just called my son's Cf coordinator to tell her "Listerine Agent Cool Blue" mouthwash was recalled 04-12-07 and she didn't know. I wanted to make sure everyone knew. It doesn't contain a preservative that prevents b cepacia from contaminating it. Of course, my luck. that's the mouthwash my kids use. My 10 yr old has Cf. He didn't have b cepacia 2 mnths ago and hopefully still won't. If you go on line you'll find info under "Agent Cool Blue"</end quote></div>

This was on another thread, but nothing said it was to do with b cepacia. Isnt this the same company that had a scare with another product and b cepacia.....hmmmmm!

Thanks for the update!

JazzysMom

Thanks for the update!

ladybug

I posted the original thread regarding this, but had no idea what the "micro-organism" was that had gotten into the mouthwash. Thanks for posting. Scary stuff.

... On another note, does that mean that EVERY no-alcohol mouthwash (such as ACT) runs the risk of having cepacia in it?!?! I use that every day and now I'm really worried!

ladybug

I posted the original thread regarding this, but had no idea what the "micro-organism" was that had gotten into the mouthwash. Thanks for posting. Scary stuff.

... On another note, does that mean that EVERY no-alcohol mouthwash (such as ACT) runs the risk of having cepacia in it?!?! I use that every day and now I'm really worried!

ladybug

Sreh

Sonia, it shouldn't effect all "non-alcohol" mouth washes. As several hosp. still use "non-alcohol" mouth washes. One brand that I use, that is used in hosp. in my area, is by CardinalHealth. I am sure there are others out there that aren't effect by B Cepacia.

Sreh

Sonia, it shouldn't effect all "non-alcohol" mouth washes. As several hosp. still use "non-alcohol" mouth washes. One brand that I use, that is used in hosp. in my area, is by CardinalHealth. I am sure there are others out there that aren't effect by B Cepacia.

Sreh

princessjdc

I have the cool blue listerine mouth wash for plaque, now after reading this I dont think Ill use it anymore. I havent used it much but maybe 3 or 4 times. I also have ACT mouth was for restoring enamel and such for teeth, that bottle is almost gone.

princessjdc

I have the cool blue listerine mouth wash for plaque, now after reading this I dont think Ill use it anymore. I havent used it much but maybe 3 or 4 times. I also have ACT mouth was for restoring enamel and such for teeth, that bottle is almost gone.