Moving to Minneapolis

Murgie

Can anyone share information or contacts for a minneapolis cystic fibrois center.
We are considering movie there from California.
My husband is diabled and we live off social security. California offers: California Childrens services which covers all of our sons genetic illness, cystic fibrois and type 1 diabetes.
This is a HUGE help and we canot consider moving if health care is not offered in Minnesota for children. SSDI considers our chid disabled, but not eligable for income, thus not eligable for their medical insurance coverage.
I am from Minnesota and would like to move back closer to my family.
Please send any info that could help. Thanks!

Murgie

Can anyone share information or contacts for a minneapolis cystic fibrois center.
My husband is diabled and we live off social security. California offers: California Childrens services which covers all of our sons genetic illness, cystic fibrois and type 1 diabetes.
This is a HUGE help and we canot consider moving if health care is not offered in Minnesota for children. SSDI considers our chid disabled, but not eligable for income, thus not eligable for their medical insurance coverage.

Murgie

Murgie

Murgie

<br />We are considering movie there from California.
<br />My husband is diabled and we live off social security. California offers: California Childrens services which covers all of our sons genetic illness, cystic fibrois and type 1 diabetes.
<br />This is a HUGE help and we canot consider moving if health care is not offered in Minnesota for children. SSDI considers our chid disabled, but not eligable for income, thus not eligable for their medical insurance coverage.
<br />I am from Minnesota and would like to move back closer to my family.
<br />Please send any info that could help. Thanks!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
There are programs in Minnesota. Don't know much about them except when our social worker was looking at similar ones in our nearby state, my MIL wondered if we shouldn't move. And I do know a local family who is considering a move across the state line because in our state when she turns 3 her daughter will no longer be eligible for Medical Assistance.

As for clinics there are two accreditted ones in Minneapolis -- Children's Hospital and U of MN. The majority of the people in our city who don't go to the local CF clinic have opted for U of MN, though some go to a non-accreditted program at Mayo clinic in Rochester.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
There are programs in Minnesota. Don't know much about them except when our social worker was looking at similar ones in our nearby state, my MIL wondered if we shouldn't move. And I do know a local family who is considering a move across the state line because in our state when she turns 3 her daughter will no longer be eligible for Medical Assistance.

As for clinics there are two accreditted ones in Minneapolis -- Children's Hospital and U of MN. The majority of the people in our city who don't go to the local CF clinic have opted for U of MN, though some go to a non-accreditted program at Mayo clinic in Rochester.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />As for clinics there are two accreditted ones in Minneapolis -- Children's Hospital and U of MN. The majority of the people in our city who don't go to the local CF clinic have opted for U of MN, though some go to a non-accreditted program at Mayo clinic in Rochester.