MRSA and precautions?

xoxbethyy

I recently just cultured mrsa myself. As far as contact precautions all Cystics are labeled as C.P. so anyone who visits us CF'ers needs to get all dolled up in the gloves, masks, and gowns.

I know they do this all the time to all CFers despite whatever they're growing even if its nothing icky. They do it though beucase someone else might be growing something icky and they wouldn't want to impose contact by brining it into the room, so it works both ways of keeping bugs in and keeping bugs oout.

As far as MRSA goes, i know i'm on vancomycin which is done through a PICC line for me. there are very few meds which effectively lessen the effect of mrsa. Once mrsa starts to grow it never leaves. You can lessen the effects of it, but its always going to be cultured.

hope all goes well!

xoxbethyy

I recently just cultured mrsa myself. As far as contact precautions all Cystics are labeled as C.P. so anyone who visits us CF'ers needs to get all dolled up in the gloves, masks, and gowns.

I know they do this all the time to all CFers despite whatever they're growing even if its nothing icky. They do it though beucase someone else might be growing something icky and they wouldn't want to impose contact by brining it into the room, so it works both ways of keeping bugs in and keeping bugs oout.

As far as MRSA goes, i know i'm on vancomycin which is done through a PICC line for me. there are very few meds which effectively lessen the effect of mrsa. Once mrsa starts to grow it never leaves. You can lessen the effects of it, but its always going to be cultured.

hope all goes well!

xoxbethyy

hope all goes well!

xoxbethyy

hope all goes well!

xoxbethyy

<br />
<br />I know they do this all the time to all CFers despite whatever they're growing even if its nothing icky. They do it though beucase someone else might be growing something icky and they wouldn't want to impose contact by brining it into the room, so it works both ways of keeping bugs in and keeping bugs oout.
<br />
<br />As far as MRSA goes, i know i'm on vancomycin which is done through a PICC line for me. there are very few meds which effectively lessen the effect of mrsa. Once mrsa starts to grow it never leaves. You can lessen the effects of it, but its always going to be cultured.
<br />
<br />hope all goes well!

T

Terry

"I recently just cultured mrsa myself. As far as contact precautions all Cystics are labeled as C.P. so anyone who visits us CF'ers needs to get all dolled up in the gloves, masks, and gowns."

We never had to do any of that before MRSA with Marissa. Now, granted, she had never been in the hospital for a lung related issue after being diagnosed with CF. (She was in the hospital before hand when she only had "asthma.")

Her CF hosptalizations were for ear infections and DIOS. Maybe that would make some sort of difference as well.

Terry

I can't stand typing MRSA and Marissa in the same sentence. It is weird sometimes how things turn out, or even the things that go through my mind, but if you skip every other letter of her name, you get MRSA.

T

Terry

"I recently just cultured mrsa myself. As far as contact precautions all Cystics are labeled as C.P. so anyone who visits us CF'ers needs to get all dolled up in the gloves, masks, and gowns."

We never had to do any of that before MRSA with Marissa. Now, granted, she had never been in the hospital for a lung related issue after being diagnosed with CF. (She was in the hospital before hand when she only had "asthma.")

Her CF hosptalizations were for ear infections and DIOS. Maybe that would make some sort of difference as well.

Terry

I can't stand typing MRSA and Marissa in the same sentence. It is weird sometimes how things turn out, or even the things that go through my mind, but if you skip every other letter of her name, you get MRSA.

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

<br />
<br />
<br />We never had to do any of that before MRSA with Marissa. Now, granted, she had never been in the hospital for a lung related issue after being diagnosed with CF. (She was in the hospital before hand when she only had "asthma.")
<br />
<br />Her CF hosptalizations were for ear infections and DIOS. Maybe that would make some sort of difference as well.
<br />
<br />Terry
<br />
<br />I can't stand typing MRSA and Marissa in the same sentence. It is weird sometimes how things turn out, or even the things that go through my mind, but if you skip every other letter of her name, you get MRSA.
<br />
<br />

ginandbrea

XOXOBETHYY:

I am not trying to be controversial, but MRSA can be eradicated. Many of the members here who had MRSA have been successful.

Take care,
Gina

ginandbrea

XOXOBETHYY:

I am not trying to be controversial, but MRSA can be eradicated. Many of the members here who had MRSA have been successful.

Take care,
Gina

ginandbrea

XOXOBETHYY:

Take care,
Gina

ginandbrea

XOXOBETHYY:

Take care,
Gina

ginandbrea

XOXOBETHYY:
<br />
<br />I am not trying to be controversial, but MRSA can be eradicated. Many of the members here who had MRSA have been successful.
<br />
<br />Take care,
<br />Gina