MRSA

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kandi</b></i>

My son has had no luck getting rid of msra. he has cultured it at every visit for the last two years. So I am not sure if some will ever get rid of it. I boil his neb's after every use. We have none around our town that has cf so we are lucky there.</end quote></div>

even people without CF - just normal every day people with no cormorbities or immune issues get MRSA.

MRSA is very different than PA in this respect

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kandi</b></i>

My son has had no luck getting rid of msra. he has cultured it at every visit for the last two years. So I am not sure if some will ever get rid of it. I boil his neb's after every use. We have none around our town that has cf so we are lucky there.</end quote></div>

even people without CF - just normal every day people with no cormorbities or immune issues get MRSA.

MRSA is very different than PA in this respect

NoExcuses

same place you "get" methicilin suseptable Staph Aureus.

Ever touched a door nob at the mall? Someone with a sinus infection or bronchitis could have touched it to. Then you go to hold you hand up to your mouth when you cough and bingo! you've been exposed.

What about a door handle at the bathroom? Basket at the super market? Go to the gym? What about school? Do you touch the elevator button at your CF clinic?

You get the idea... any public place you can be exposed to MSSA or MRSA.

NoExcuses

Ever touched a door nob at the mall? Someone with a sinus infection or bronchitis could have touched it to. Then you go to hold you hand up to your mouth when you cough and bingo! you've been exposed.

What about a door handle at the bathroom? Basket at the super market? Go to the gym? What about school? Do you touch the elevator button at your CF clinic?

NoExcuses

Jennifer1981

Yeah, I picked it up nearly 4 years ago. At the time, I was a Medical Assitant at Reading Hospital in the cancer clinic. I lost my job over it, and a JACO report was filed since I accidently exposed the whole, entire clinic to it. I had lots of contact with patients and unknownly exposed them all.

I had my annuals done in January. All I had was PA, nothing new. Then the very next month, I got real sick with no idea what the problem was. Bingo - MRSA. One fricken month difference... Can't seem to shake it either...

I must admit, though, that I have been so fortunate. Yes, I have had a slight downward spin with my PFTs but not much compared to others. Still hospitalized once every year or two. PFTs went from 75% to 68% in 4 years.

Jennifer1981

Yeah, I picked it up nearly 4 years ago. At the time, I was a Medical Assitant at Reading Hospital in the cancer clinic. I lost my job over it, and a JACO report was filed since I accidently exposed the whole, entire clinic to it. I had lots of contact with patients and unknownly exposed them all.

I had my annuals done in January. All I had was PA, nothing new. Then the very next month, I got real sick with no idea what the problem was. Bingo - MRSA. One fricken month difference... Can't seem to shake it either...

I must admit, though, that I have been so fortunate. Yes, I have had a slight downward spin with my PFTs but not much compared to others. Still hospitalized once every year or two. PFTs went from 75% to 68% in 4 years.

Jennifer1981

NoExcuses

You had PA while working at a cancer clinic?

Those patients are suseptable to PA just like we are. Did they know you had PA

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

Jennifer1981

Oh yes!

I told the cancer clinic upon hire that I had CF and PA. I always told every job that I was ever at. My CF doctor knew to that I worked in a cancer clinic. He never said anything until I got MRSA. He was a moron, though. I left him 3 years ago - Dr. William Sexauer.

I felt so bad about everything. I got the call about the MRSA and immediately picked up the phone to quit my job. I never set foot back into that office. My job called the doc and the JACO report was filed. I use to do the vitals and assist with exams while they were seeking chemo or radiation. They had very low immune systems. I never felt soooo bad in my life. I would highly reccommend that CFers stear clear of the healthcare industry. I would NEVER do it again!!! I loved my job but look at the mess that was caused to all of them and myself!!!

I even had keys to the office. My mom returned them. The 1 doc out of the 3 actually called me saying he was so sorry to lose me. I must admit that I was he favorite nurse out of the pack - strictly professional to any perverts out there. I was the go-to-girl about port placements and every other kind of test that you can think of since I had them all. I was like the nurse but also the "calmer" to the patients. The doctors used my CF often to help relate to the patient. Boy, did it ever tick off the other nurses. I never had too many coworker friends. LOL!

Jennifer1981

Oh yes!

I told the cancer clinic upon hire that I had CF and PA. I always told every job that I was ever at. My CF doctor knew to that I worked in a cancer clinic. He never said anything until I got MRSA. He was a moron, though. I left him 3 years ago - Dr. William Sexauer.

I felt so bad about everything. I got the call about the MRSA and immediately picked up the phone to quit my job. I never set foot back into that office. My job called the doc and the JACO report was filed. I use to do the vitals and assist with exams while they were seeking chemo or radiation. They had very low immune systems. I never felt soooo bad in my life. I would highly reccommend that CFers stear clear of the healthcare industry. I would NEVER do it again!!! I loved my job but look at the mess that was caused to all of them and myself!!!

I even had keys to the office. My mom returned them. The 1 doc out of the 3 actually called me saying he was so sorry to lose me. I must admit that I was he favorite nurse out of the pack - strictly professional to any perverts out there. I was the go-to-girl about port placements and every other kind of test that you can think of since I had them all. I was like the nurse but also the "calmer" to the patients. The doctors used my CF often to help relate to the patient. Boy, did it ever tick off the other nurses. I never had too many coworker friends. LOL!

Jennifer1981

Oh yes!