multiple children with cf

amyr

I have three also. We are in the hospital with my daughter right now. I found out last spring and my world has been turned upsidedown. At first (as odd as this may sound) I was relieved b/c we have been the "Mystery Diagnosis" family for years and we finally had some answers. The relief was short lived and the denial kicked in for several months. I am having a very difficult time coping with and accepting this. You are not alone.. One child with it is bad enough but add more to the mix well not quite sure if I have the words to explaine. When one goes down in my family they all go down.. PM me any time

amyr

I have three also. We are in the hospital with my daughter right now. I found out last spring and my world has been turned upsidedown. At first (as odd as this may sound) I was relieved b/c we have been the "Mystery Diagnosis" family for years and we finally had some answers. The relief was short lived and the denial kicked in for several months. I am having a very difficult time coping with and accepting this. You are not alone.. One child with it is bad enough but add more to the mix well not quite sure if I have the words to explaine. When one goes down in my family they all go down.. PM me any time

amyr

amyr

amyr

Sheridan

Me! I have two lovely boys. Jordan is 9 years old in a week and Aidan is almost 18 months. Both diagnosed shortly after birth, through the standard heel prick test done in Australia. So far we have been relatively lucky with Jordan not being sick in almost 4 years. Aidan is now considered a chronic case with permanent lung damage already visable on CT scans. He had 3 tune ups in 2008 and ended up with a port-a-cath put in November. Has been doing great since then.

We have just had to reorganise ourselves and our homelife to take a more preemptive role in the boys health care.

Sheridan

Me! I have two lovely boys. Jordan is 9 years old in a week and Aidan is almost 18 months. Both diagnosed shortly after birth, through the standard heel prick test done in Australia. So far we have been relatively lucky with Jordan not being sick in almost 4 years. Aidan is now considered a chronic case with permanent lung damage already visable on CT scans. He had 3 tune ups in 2008 and ended up with a port-a-cath put in November. Has been doing great since then.

We have just had to reorganise ourselves and our homelife to take a more preemptive role in the boys health care.

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

<br />
<br />We have just had to reorganise ourselves and our homelife to take a more preemptive role in the boys health care.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Two here too. My teenage boys are four years apart. This is going to sound weird too, but I can't imagine what it would be like to have one without CF. My boys do the same treatments, meds, clinics, hospitalizations etc. In our house, its the "norm". Even my boys have said they are glad they both have the same issues.

If your question is how do you cope with the organization, we write down EVERYTHING. My notebook is color-coded for each boy. It does get complicated to be sure especially with scheduling if one has to go in.

If your question is how do you cope with the sadness, guilt, worry, I have no easy answer for that. Take everything one day at a time, love your kids to pieces and treat them like normal kids.

Do the best you can, some days are easier than others.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Two here too. My teenage boys are four years apart. This is going to sound weird too, but I can't imagine what it would be like to have one without CF. My boys do the same treatments, meds, clinics, hospitalizations etc. In our house, its the "norm". Even my boys have said they are glad they both have the same issues.

If your question is how do you cope with the organization, we write down EVERYTHING. My notebook is color-coded for each boy. It does get complicated to be sure especially with scheduling if one has to go in.

If your question is how do you cope with the sadness, guilt, worry, I have no easy answer for that. Take everything one day at a time, love your kids to pieces and treat them like normal kids.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />If your question is how do you cope with the organization, we write down EVERYTHING. My notebook is color-coded for each boy. It does get complicated to be sure especially with scheduling if one has to go in.
<br />
<br />If your question is how do you cope with the sadness, guilt, worry, I have no easy answer for that. Take everything one day at a time, love your kids to pieces and treat them like normal kids.
<br />
<br />Do the best you can, some days are easier than others.
<br />
<br />