My 2yo might have CF. A few questions-RESULTS IN! UPDATED! 1-16-08

Alyssa

My 2yo might have CF. A few questions

Glad to hear you liked the blog.

That's really good news that you don't think her poo is unusually stinky or oily -- hopefully her sweat test will be really low and you won't have to think about CF again!

Sorry, I should have mentioned how to find out if you are going to an accredited center! Go to:

www.cff.org
click on find a chapter
Under Locations, click on find a care center
then enter your zip code or click on your state

Best wishes! be sure to come back and tell us the results of the sweat test

Alyssa

That's really good news that you don't think her poo is unusually stinky or oily -- hopefully her sweat test will be really low and you won't have to think about CF again!

Sorry, I should have mentioned how to find out if you are going to an accredited center! Go to:

www.cff.org
click on find a chapter

Alyssa

www.cff.org
click on find a chapter

Alyssa

www.cff.org
click on find a chapter

Alyssa

www.cff.org
click on find a chapter

mom2Kierstyn

Wow! The closest one is 3 hours away! My daughter is on Medicaid also so I think I have to go wherever they tell me to. Not sure though!

mom2Kierstyn

Wow! The closest one is 3 hours away! My daughter is on Medicaid also so I think I have to go wherever they tell me to. Not sure though!

mom2Kierstyn

mom2Kierstyn

mom2Kierstyn

V

valigirl21

My son is 8 n he's "in the process" of being diagnosed. He was sick as an infant, but not since he was about 3 1/2. He is, like ur daughter though, very small. He is only 45 inches tall and weighs 36 lbs. Again, HE'S EIGHT! He hasn't had ne other symptoms of CF. I hope everything works out 4 u n ur little. God Bless u! I'll b praying 4 all of us.

V

valigirl21

My son is 8 n he's "in the process" of being diagnosed. He was sick as an infant, but not since he was about 3 1/2. He is, like ur daughter though, very small. He is only 45 inches tall and weighs 36 lbs. Again, HE'S EIGHT! He hasn't had ne other symptoms of CF. I hope everything works out 4 u n ur little. God Bless u! I'll b praying 4 all of us.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

momtonick

I hate to say this because I too was in your situation my son was 9mnths and 9 lbs. and he was 6lbs14oz at birth and he was a month early.He did have pnemonia at 9 mnths and thats when they tested him for cf I was in denial.Turned out that was what was wrong he was so small they had to put a gtube in he had it for 2 years and hasnt had it for 3 years he is 6 now and weighs 40 lbs.My advice is this if god forbid your child does have cf get on the enymes and nutrition right away because sometimes its trial and error and I would hate to see you go through the gtube route if it can be prevented good luck to you and your daughter i hope for the best.

momtonick

I hate to say this because I too was in your situation my son was 9mnths and 9 lbs. and he was 6lbs14oz at birth and he was a month early.He did have pnemonia at 9 mnths and thats when they tested him for cf I was in denial.Turned out that was what was wrong he was so small they had to put a gtube in he had it for 2 years and hasnt had it for 3 years he is 6 now and weighs 40 lbs.My advice is this if god forbid your child does have cf get on the enymes and nutrition right away because sometimes its trial and error and I would hate to see you go through the gtube route if it can be prevented good luck to you and your daughter i hope for the best.

momtonick

momtonick

momtonick