My boyfriend has CF and I'm scared

static

CF is one of those things that can very easily slip up on you in my experience.

As a child I was pretty much the normal guy, in fact I was very athletic and it was near impossible to even tell I had CF unless you did a sweat test (I was very good at hiding my emzymes).

However, as I and many others learned (and were told numerous times) symptoms can change rapidly and drastically.

This isn't so much meant to scare you, but rather to warn him. It is easy to ignore this disease when your feeling well, but when your sick it is a real struggle to try to get back what you lost.

Do your best to convince him, but try not to force him. He might feel disconnected from the majority of us in the adults section right now, so I would advice him to check up with some of the marathon runners in the exersize section of this site and have him ask why they feel it is important to keep up with this disease.

static

As a child I was pretty much the normal guy, in fact I was very athletic and it was near impossible to even tell I had CF unless you did a sweat test (I was very good at hiding my emzymes).

However, as I and many others learned (and were told numerous times) symptoms can change rapidly and drastically.

This isn't so much meant to scare you, but rather to warn him. It is easy to ignore this disease when your feeling well, but when your sick it is a real struggle to try to get back what you lost.

Do your best to convince him, but try not to force him. He might feel disconnected from the majority of us in the adults section right now, so I would advice him to check up with some of the marathon runners in the exersize section of this site and have him ask why they feel it is important to keep up with this disease.

static

static

static

<br />
<br />As a child I was pretty much the normal guy, in fact I was very athletic and it was near impossible to even tell I had CF unless you did a sweat test (I was very good at hiding my emzymes).
<br />
<br />However, as I and many others learned (and were told numerous times) symptoms can change rapidly and drastically.
<br />
<br />This isn't so much meant to scare you, but rather to warn him. It is easy to ignore this disease when your feeling well, but when your sick it is a real struggle to try to get back what you lost.
<br />
<br />Do your best to convince him, but try not to force him. He might feel disconnected from the majority of us in the adults section right now, so I would advice him to check up with some of the marathon runners in the exersize section of this site and have him ask why they feel it is important to keep up with this disease.

ashmomo

I would suggest he apply for Kentucky Medicaid...here is the link, you may have to copy and paste it.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.chfs.ky.gov/dms/Preventive.htm
">http://www.chfs.ky.gov/dms/Preventive.htm
</a>There are options on the side that can tell you how to enroll or anything else. They may have something especially for people with diseases...otherwise the medicaid says it will cover what he would need. If he qualifies, that is...
It is worth a try, especially if something were to happen...he needs insurance!

ashmomo

I would suggest he apply for Kentucky Medicaid...here is the link, you may have to copy and paste it.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.chfs.ky.gov/dms/Preventive.htm
</a>There are options on the side that can tell you how to enroll or anything else. They may have something especially for people with diseases...otherwise the medicaid says it will cover what he would need. If he qualifies, that is...

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.chfs.ky.gov/dms/Preventive.htm
</a><br />There are options on the side that can tell you how to enroll or anything else. They may have something especially for people with diseases...otherwise the medicaid says it will cover what he would need. If he qualifies, that is...
<br />It is worth a try, especially if something were to happen...he needs insurance!

WarrenG

Hey my name is Scott Warren. Im 25 I live here in Oregon. I got on on a program that I pay 100 bucks a month and am 100 percent covered. Its a people with disability's work program. The only stipulations are I have to work and make under 60,000 a year. I had to have a doctor fax over documentation of my cf. Ive jumped out of a air plan, gone rock climbing, surfing and I do a lot of hunting every year. Ive found that when you let Cf get the better of you. you get sick. I haven't been sick in over 4 1/2 years. As long as you stay active you will live a long life.

WarrenG

Hey my name is Scott Warren. Im 25 I live here in Oregon. I got on on a program that I pay 100 bucks a month and am 100 percent covered. Its a people with disability's work program. The only stipulations are I have to work and make under 60,000 a year. I had to have a doctor fax over documentation of my cf. Ive jumped out of a air plan, gone rock climbing, surfing and I do a lot of hunting every year. Ive found that when you let Cf get the better of you. you get sick. I haven't been sick in over 4 1/2 years. As long as you stay active you will live a long life.

WarrenG

WarrenG

WarrenG