My Daughter needs your imput!!

holmfamily1992

Hey everyone!! Hope all is well in the land of the CF Forum!! Everyone is good here and doing really well. Christmas was great but I am so glad its over.

My daughter has put this project off till the last minute and we need your imput. She has to do report on a CF drug that has a contriversal issue. Both good and bad things about the med. Its crunch time and we need your imput ASAP!! She has to turn it in Monday. Silly girl....She has never waited this long before.

Anyway, If you can give me the name of a CF Medication that may have had or has a contriversial issue please send it my way. I will do the research on the med, I just can't find one.

Thanks, Tina

holmfamily1992

Hey everyone!! Hope all is well in the land of the CF Forum!! Everyone is good here and doing really well. Christmas was great but I am so glad its over.

My daughter has put this project off till the last minute and we need your imput. She has to do report on a CF drug that has a contriversal issue. Both good and bad things about the med. Its crunch time and we need your imput ASAP!! She has to turn it in Monday. Silly girl....She has never waited this long before.

Anyway, If you can give me the name of a CF Medication that may have had or has a contriversial issue please send it my way. I will do the research on the med, I just can't find one.

Thanks, Tina

holmfamily1992

Thanks, Tina

holmfamily1992

Thanks, Tina

holmfamily1992

<br />
<br />My daughter has put this project off till the last minute and we need your imput. She has to do report on a CF drug that has a contriversal issue. Both good and bad things about the med. Its crunch time and we need your imput ASAP!! She has to turn it in Monday. Silly girl....She has never waited this long before.
<br />
<br />Anyway, If you can give me the name of a CF Medication that may have had or has a contriversial issue please send it my way. I will do the research on the med, I just can't find one.
<br />
<br />Thanks, Tina

kitomd21

Glyconutrients. If you search for it under the forums, you'll find many individuals that believe they help while others equate them to a sugar pill. I personally don't believe they work, but there are others who swear by them. The following link is from a "pro glyconutrient" site that discusses CF specifically. You'll find many other "supportive" sites that relate to CF and glyconutrients...just google them together. For the "controversial" aspect, the following site has great information: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.raysahelian.com/glyconutrients.html
">http://www.raysahelian.com/glyconutrients.html
</a>
While they aren't an FDA approved medication...I would still considered it drug, so to speak....the theory is that they treat a myriad of illnesses...

kitomd21

Glyconutrients. If you search for it under the forums, you'll find many individuals that believe they help while others equate them to a sugar pill. I personally don't believe they work, but there are others who swear by them. The following link is from a "pro glyconutrient" site that discusses CF specifically. You'll find many other "supportive" sites that relate to CF and glyconutrients...just google them together. For the "controversial" aspect, the following site has great information: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.raysahelian.com/glyconutrients.html
</a>
While they aren't an FDA approved medication...I would still considered it drug, so to speak....the theory is that they treat a myriad of illnesses...

kitomd21

</a>

kitomd21

</a>

kitomd21

</a><br />
<br />While they aren't an FDA approved medication...I would still considered it drug, so to speak....the theory is that they treat a myriad of illnesses...

M

Mommafirst

Hi Tina --

I'd think that much of all therapies and meds can be considered somewhat controversial. My husband always jokes about how in 20 years we'll hear my daughter tell her friends, "Can you believe they used to hook me up to a machine to SHAKE me, thinking it would clear my airways??!" Sorta like the old mist tents are viewed now. LOL.

Maybe some of the gene therapy or stem cell research being done could give your daughter somewhere to start.

Alternately, enzymes are made from pig enzymes. This can be a controversial and problematic issue for Jews who keep Kosher or vegan/vegetarians.

Until just recently, Albuterol inhalers contained CFC which are dangerous to the ozone layer and have now been banned. That might be considered controversial as well.

Another issue that might be considered controversial...what about the relatively large percentage of Amish that have CF. In our clinic, they account for many of the patients. But they don't use electricty, which limits their use of available therapies such as The Vest or any nebulized medicines.

I hope that some of these might give your daughter some direction.

M

Mommafirst

Hi Tina --

I'd think that much of all therapies and meds can be considered somewhat controversial. My husband always jokes about how in 20 years we'll hear my daughter tell her friends, "Can you believe they used to hook me up to a machine to SHAKE me, thinking it would clear my airways??!" Sorta like the old mist tents are viewed now. LOL.

Maybe some of the gene therapy or stem cell research being done could give your daughter somewhere to start.

Alternately, enzymes are made from pig enzymes. This can be a controversial and problematic issue for Jews who keep Kosher or vegan/vegetarians.

Until just recently, Albuterol inhalers contained CFC which are dangerous to the ozone layer and have now been banned. That might be considered controversial as well.

Another issue that might be considered controversial...what about the relatively large percentage of Amish that have CF. In our clinic, they account for many of the patients. But they don't use electricty, which limits their use of available therapies such as The Vest or any nebulized medicines.

M

Mommafirst

Hi Tina --

M

Mommafirst

Hi Tina --

M

Mommafirst

Hi Tina --
<br />
<br />I'd think that much of all therapies and meds can be considered somewhat controversial. My husband always jokes about how in 20 years we'll hear my daughter tell her friends, "Can you believe they used to hook me up to a machine to SHAKE me, thinking it would clear my airways??!" Sorta like the old mist tents are viewed now. LOL.
<br />
<br />Maybe some of the gene therapy or stem cell research being done could give your daughter somewhere to start.
<br />
<br />Alternately, enzymes are made from pig enzymes. This can be a controversial and problematic issue for Jews who keep Kosher or vegan/vegetarians.
<br />
<br />Until just recently, Albuterol inhalers contained CFC which are dangerous to the ozone layer and have now been banned. That might be considered controversial as well.
<br />
<br />Another issue that might be considered controversial...what about the relatively large percentage of Amish that have CF. In our clinic, they account for many of the patients. But they don't use electricty, which limits their use of available therapies such as The Vest or any nebulized medicines.
<br />
<br />I hope that some of these might give your daughter some direction.

kitomd21

Good idea with the enzymes! That's definitely an issue with us as we don't consume pork....with no alternative, Ellie has to take them. I know they're still working on the non-porcine version....

kitomd21

Good idea with the enzymes! That's definitely an issue with us as we don't consume pork....with no alternative, Ellie has to take them. I know they're still working on the non-porcine version....

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21