My FEV1's and all that fun stuff!

Breezy

Ok so as some of you know i went to see my doc today and knew i'd get my spiro done, and here are the results:

FEV1 <i>before</i> Ventolin: .63
FEV1 <i>after</i> Ventolin: .57

Best FEC was 1.50.

All others i blew .90

So.....what does this really mean? I need it explained in people terms.....the doc explained it but it's still over my head. And, if anyone knows what percentage it falls in ( i do beleive i fall between 30-40% more or less) that would be great! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Breezy

Ok so as some of you know i went to see my doc today and knew i'd get my spiro done, and here are the results:

Best FEC was 1.50.

All others i blew .90

So.....what does this really mean? I need it explained in people terms.....the doc explained it but it's still over my head. And, if anyone knows what percentage it falls in ( i do beleive i fall between 30-40% more or less) that would be great! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Breezy

Best FEC was 1.50.

All others i blew .90

NoExcuses

FEV1 means the amount of air that you blow out in 1 second.

It's usually quoted in % of what is normal for someone your age and your height.
So the average person would have a number of 100%

So in your case, your FEV1 is 63% of the average of people your age and height.

For CF people, this is the measurement that's most accurate to describe lung function.

NoExcuses

It's usually quoted in % of what is normal for someone your age and your height.

For CF people, this is the measurement that's most accurate to describe lung function.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

.63 liters, if that's what it is (good point Kylie) would fall in a low fev1% depending on her age and height.

it's all calculated based on those variables.

it's not as though there are tables that say for anyone, any age and any height 0.63 liters translates into this % FEV1. not how it works.

but good point about the # being liters and not %. i may have been wrong....

NoExcuses

.63 liters, if that's what it is (good point Kylie) would fall in a low fev1% depending on her age and height.

it's not as though there are tables that say for anyone, any age and any height 0.63 liters translates into this % FEV1. not how it works.

NoExcuses

kybert

breezy, what is your age and height???

amy, i picked that up because my clinic goes by liters too. the only time a % gets written down is when the yearly reports come out and no one ever looks at those.

kybert

amy, i picked that up because my clinic goes by liters too. the only time a % gets written down is when the yearly reports come out and no one ever looks at those.

kybert

Breezy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kybert</b></i>

amy, i picked that up because my clinic goes by liters too. the only time a % gets written down is when the yearly reports come out and no one ever looks at those.</end quote></div>

Yes i appologize. It's in liters.

I'm 21 and 5'0.

Breezy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kybert</b></i>

amy, i picked that up because my clinic goes by liters too. the only time a % gets written down is when the yearly reports come out and no one ever looks at those.</end quote></div>

Yes i appologize. It's in liters.

I'm 21 and 5'0.