My son is 20 weeks old, under weight and i don't know what to do in my situation. Please HELP

MissKitty

My son is 20 weeks old, under weight and i don't know what to do in my situation. Please HELP

The only thing I could think of after I read this was that maybe he should try a different enzyme. I took pancrease, which I am not sure if thats close to what he takes, but I had the same problem that hes having. I was put on Creon 10 when I was about 5 months and have never had any problems with it. I am now 22 and at a very healthy weight

MissKitty

The only thing I could think of after I read this was that maybe he should try a different enzyme. I took pancrease, which I am not sure if thats close to what he takes, but I had the same problem that hes having. I was put on Creon 10 when I was about 5 months and have never had any problems with it. I am now 22 and at a very healthy weight

MissKitty

MissKitty

MissKitty

kitomd21

Question for those of you who give/take apple cider vinegar for acid reflux - did your CF nutritionist advise taking it as an alternative to Zantac or other reflux meds? I'm curious how it affects enzyme efficacy given that the enzyme "beads" don't open until they reach the optimal pH in the intestines. Might giving an acidic substance such as apple cider vinegar interfere with enzyme efficiency if given at the same time?

My dd takes Zantac 3x daily - I'd be willing to try apple cider vinegar, but what is your experience/evidence that it's working in comparison to Zantac?

kitomd21

Question for those of you who give/take apple cider vinegar for acid reflux - did your CF nutritionist advise taking it as an alternative to Zantac or other reflux meds? I'm curious how it affects enzyme efficacy given that the enzyme "beads" don't open until they reach the optimal pH in the intestines. Might giving an acidic substance such as apple cider vinegar interfere with enzyme efficiency if given at the same time?

My dd takes Zantac 3x daily - I'd be willing to try apple cider vinegar, but what is your experience/evidence that it's working in comparison to Zantac?

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

<br />
<br />My dd takes Zantac 3x daily - I'd be willing to try apple cider vinegar, but what is your experience/evidence that it's working in comparison to Zantac?

MicheleGazelle

Sorry I am chiming in a little late. One of the things that helped me when I was breastfeeding was to focus on MY nutrition to try to make sure my milk was high in nutrients and calories and there was plenty of it. I breastfed my son with atypical CF a long time (not my plan, just how it worked out). He did well on it.

Something I used to make for breakfast when I was breastfeeding him:
Cream of wheat cooked with whole milk, half a package of tofu, a few spoons of wheat germ and throw in some frozen fruit at the end. It's extremely rich. When I tried to eat it while breastfeeding my second child, I couldn't understand why I had thought it was so wonderful. I guess I was just super needy when breastfeeding my first. Generally speaking, I tried to boost my intake of high calcium foods and high protein foods and I worked hard at getting enough to drink.

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

Sorry I am chiming in a little late. One of the things that helped me when I was breastfeeding was to focus on MY nutrition to try to make sure my milk was high in nutrients and calories and there was plenty of it. I breastfed my son with atypical CF a long time (not my plan, just how it worked out). He did well on it.

Cream of wheat cooked with whole milk, half a package of tofu, a few spoons of wheat germ and throw in some frozen fruit at the end. It's extremely rich. When I tried to eat it while breastfeeding my second child, I couldn't understand why I had thought it was so wonderful. I guess I was just super needy when breastfeeding my first. Generally speaking, I tried to boost my intake of high calcium foods and high protein foods and I worked hard at getting enough to drink.

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />Something I used to make for breakfast when I was breastfeeding him:
<br />Cream of wheat cooked with whole milk, half a package of tofu, a few spoons of wheat germ and throw in some frozen fruit at the end. It's extremely rich. When I tried to eat it while breastfeeding my second child, I couldn't understand why I had thought it was so wonderful. I guess I was just super needy when breastfeeding my first. Generally speaking, I tried to boost my intake of high calcium foods and high protein foods and I worked hard at getting enough to drink.
<br />
<br />Good luck with this.