NAC

T

TleighsHusband

I don't know about dosage, but I know that NAC helped tiffany. It definitely made it easier to cough up the mucous. She could tell the difference from when she was on it and when she was not on it. The stuff isn't cheap and I have some still if anyone is interested in it for free. It is the PharmaNAC brand. Feel free to PM me if you are interested and can use the help.

klawrence

PharmaNAC has a bunch of giveaways/promotions on their FB page (www.facebook.com/pharmanac) if you're worried about the price, you should check it out and see if maybe you can get a deal or a free box. hope this helps!

klawrence

PharmaNAC has a bunch of giveaways/promotions on their FB page (www.facebook.com/pharmanac) if you're worried about the price, you should check it out and see if maybe you can get a deal or a free box. hope this helps!

klawrence

Blessed4Times

Has your CF doc advised you to take this? We had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago and I specifically asked about NAC because I have seen it so many times on the boards and our doc said that it was in a nut shell "ineffective." So I'm wondering why if so many people have had success with it why our doc would say that it's not effective in any way??

Blessed4Times

Has your CF doc advised you to take this? We had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago and I specifically asked about NAC because I have seen it so many times on the boards and our doc said that it was in a nut shell "ineffective." So I'm wondering why if so many people have had success with it why our doc would say that it's not effective in any way??

Blessed4Times

<br />
<br />

just1more

Blessed, unfortunately the answer is that your Dr. just hasn't seen the research. If they read the published research, they would likely, but not necessarily, change their answer.

However, having not seen the research and not having had patients take it themselves, the Dr. just assumed it didn't work. OR, some doctors are very negative about anything OTC that shows promise for fear it will get peoples hopes up and either not work or cause problems later.

just1more

Blessed, unfortunately the answer is that your Dr. just hasn't seen the research. If they read the published research, they would likely, but not necessarily, change their answer.

However, having not seen the research and not having had patients take it themselves, the Dr. just assumed it didn't work. OR, some doctors are very negative about anything OTC that shows promise for fear it will get peoples hopes up and either not work or cause problems later.

just1more

<br />
<br />However, having not seen the research and not having had patients take it themselves, the Dr. just assumed it didn't work. OR, some doctors are very negative about anything OTC that shows promise for fear it will get peoples hopes up and either not work or cause problems later.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<P><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>We had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago and I specifically asked about NAC because I have seen it so many times on the boards and our doc said that it was in a nut shell "ineffective." </end quote></div> </P>
<P>Our doctor said the same thing-very frustratin how uniformed they are.  I haven't brought it up to Josh's new doctor but I was gathering all the articles from Amy's blog to send him.  You can't ignore the research.</P>

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<P><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>We had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago and I specifically asked about NAC because I have seen it so many times on the boards and our doc said that it was in a nut shell "ineffective." </end quote> </P>
<P>Our doctor said the same thing-very frustratin how uniformed they are. I haven't brought it up to Josh's new doctor but I was gathering all the articles from Amy's blog to send him. You can't ignore the research.</P>

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<P><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>We had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago and I specifically asked about NAC because I have seen it so many times on the boards and our doc said that it was in a nut shell "ineffective." </end quote> </P>
<P>Our doctor said the same thing-very frustratin how uniformed they are. I haven't brought it up to Josh's new doctor but I was gathering all the articles from Amy's blog to send him. You can't ignore the research.</P>

saveferris2009

Regardless of what the doc says, you can still get the NAC without an Rx. So if worse comes to worse, just get the med.

I'm going to put this on my blog right now. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/superhero-antioxidants-pt-1

saveferris2009

Regardless of what the doc says, you can still get the NAC without an Rx. So if worse comes to worse, just get the med.

I'm going to put this on my blog right now. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/superhero-antioxidants-pt-1

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />I'm going to put this on my blog right now. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/superhero-antioxidants-pt-1

C

cindylou

I'm curious..... is the PharmaNAC way better than most? I've taken NAC at different times for long periods of time, and never felt like I had a noticeable benefit. I'm wanting to get back on it thought (actually primarily for some hormonal problems), so I'm wondering....... should I shell out the extra bucks for the PharmaNAC? is it really that much better?