natural things

missnth

grassisgreener- i don't know what type of pnemonia it is, but the doc said that there is a chance of getting a pnemonia when using grapefruit seed extract and that the oil that is in the extract can be a risk to the lungs. he does not recommend allowing oil to enter the lungs. i asked him about it because i saw it on this post and i thought it was interesting and he was against it. i just wanted to mention it so other ppl interested in it can look into it because on the one hand, natural things can be miraculous, like hypertonic saline. but on the other hand, you have to be careful with things that are not regulated. some natural things are more powerful than chemicals and natural does not always mean safe. so that's all the info i have.

missnth

grassisgreener- i don't know what type of pnemonia it is, but the doc said that there is a chance of getting a pnemonia when using grapefruit seed extract and that the oil that is in the extract can be a risk to the lungs. he does not recommend allowing oil to enter the lungs. i asked him about it because i saw it on this post and i thought it was interesting and he was against it. i just wanted to mention it so other ppl interested in it can look into it because on the one hand, natural things can be miraculous, like hypertonic saline. but on the other hand, you have to be careful with things that are not regulated. some natural things are more powerful than chemicals and natural does not always mean safe. so that's all the info i have.

missnth

missnth

missnth

PlumPerfect

that is the tricky thing with natural things.. grapefruit seed extract is great for many things.. never heard of nebulizing but some times i don't trust a dr. opinion on natural concepts fully. if its not fda approved they can't be for it. I am sure there was a case somewheere and some one had gotten that and also used the extract.. it seems to be the research is with in your self alot of the times. Its a hard thing... i just deeply research things and make my own opinions alot of the times.. there are places in which dr. are knowledgable, but unless they study natural options they generally don't know a great deal about things, just generalized studies..

PlumPerfect

that is the tricky thing with natural things.. grapefruit seed extract is great for many things.. never heard of nebulizing but some times i don't trust a dr. opinion on natural concepts fully. if its not fda approved they can't be for it. I am sure there was a case somewheere and some one had gotten that and also used the extract.. it seems to be the research is with in your self alot of the times. Its a hard thing... i just deeply research things and make my own opinions alot of the times.. there are places in which dr. are knowledgable, but unless they study natural options they generally don't know a great deal about things, just generalized studies..

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I always consider with natural supplements, etc. was the experience we had with chondroiton and glucosomine. For years we were treating our dog with it because of joint issues. He was a young dog, but his vet prescribed it; however, by age 7 he developed canine diabetes, which required twice daily insulin shots, as well as glucose testing. I noticed a correlation between the supplement and high blood sugars, so I stopped giving it to him.

Years later I came across an article regarding diabetes in dogs and the use of that supplement combo. I wish we'd done more research instead of blindly accepting the vets recommendation.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I always consider with natural supplements, etc. was the experience we had with chondroiton and glucosomine. For years we were treating our dog with it because of joint issues. He was a young dog, but his vet prescribed it; however, by age 7 he developed canine diabetes, which required twice daily insulin shots, as well as glucose testing. I noticed a correlation between the supplement and high blood sugars, so I stopped giving it to him.

Years later I came across an article regarding diabetes in dogs and the use of that supplement combo. I wish we'd done more research instead of blindly accepting the vets recommendation.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Years later I came across an article regarding diabetes in dogs and the use of that supplement combo. I wish we'd done more research instead of blindly accepting the vets recommendation.