naturel brith with C.F

JazzysMom

98% of men with CF have CAVD (congenital abscense of the vas deferns). This means that you produce sperm, but it cant leave the testicles & travel with the rest of the fluids that you ejaculate during sex.

The sperm must be removed from the testicles by a medical procedure & then fertilize the eggs of your wife which also will be removed from her. They fertilize the eggs & replant them in her.

First thing you need to do is have a sperm analysis done to see if you have CAVD or if there might be another issue!

JazzysMom

98% of men with CF have CAVD (congenital abscense of the vas deferns). This means that you produce sperm, but it cant leave the testicles & travel with the rest of the fluids that you ejaculate during sex.

The sperm must be removed from the testicles by a medical procedure & then fertilize the eggs of your wife which also will be removed from her. They fertilize the eggs & replant them in her.

First thing you need to do is have a sperm analysis done to see if you have CAVD or if there might be another issue!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />The sperm must be removed from the testicles by a medical procedure & then fertilize the eggs of your wife which also will be removed from her. They fertilize the eggs & replant them in her.
<br />
<br />First thing you need to do is have a sperm analysis done to see if you have CAVD or if there might be another issue!

fondreflections

Hi Stunter,

I really don't know of a good clinic in Missouri, but this is why men with CF are usually sterile...

When men "finish" with CF, they do ejaculate semen which normally carries sperm. However, 98-99% of men with CF are missing the Vas Deferens tube/vessel which is responsible for carrying the sperm to the penis from the testicles. Men with CF do produce sperm. It just cannot get from point A to point B, moreless...

That is why most CF men need IVF to have children with their spouses. It's the only way that their sperm can be accessed.

What you need to do is go to a clinic and get a semen analysis. You just need to tell them that you have CF and are trying to conceive with your wife. You heard that most CF men have fertility issues and would like to have a semen analysis done. It's really not too bad...It might feel ackward (sp?), but any nurse that knows about CF in males should understand.

Also, some CF men have a Vas Deferens, but it doesn't work. If a Vas Deferens is present, it can be felt on a pelvic exam. Still a semen analysis is the way to go. Good luck!

fondreflections

Hi Stunter,

I really don't know of a good clinic in Missouri, but this is why men with CF are usually sterile...

When men "finish" with CF, they do ejaculate semen which normally carries sperm. However, 98-99% of men with CF are missing the Vas Deferens tube/vessel which is responsible for carrying the sperm to the penis from the testicles. Men with CF do produce sperm. It just cannot get from point A to point B, moreless...

That is why most CF men need IVF to have children with their spouses. It's the only way that their sperm can be accessed.

What you need to do is go to a clinic and get a semen analysis. You just need to tell them that you have CF and are trying to conceive with your wife. You heard that most CF men have fertility issues and would like to have a semen analysis done. It's really not too bad...It might feel ackward (sp?), but any nurse that knows about CF in males should understand.

Also, some CF men have a Vas Deferens, but it doesn't work. If a Vas Deferens is present, it can be felt on a pelvic exam. Still a semen analysis is the way to go. Good luck!

fondreflections

Hi Stunter,

fondreflections

Hi Stunter,

fondreflections

Hi Stunter,
<br />
<br />I really don't know of a good clinic in Missouri, but this is why men with CF are usually sterile...
<br />
<br />When men "finish" with CF, they do ejaculate semen which normally carries sperm. However, 98-99% of men with CF are missing the Vas Deferens tube/vessel which is responsible for carrying the sperm to the penis from the testicles. Men with CF do produce sperm. It just cannot get from point A to point B, moreless...
<br />
<br />That is why most CF men need IVF to have children with their spouses. It's the only way that their sperm can be accessed.
<br />
<br />What you need to do is go to a clinic and get a semen analysis. You just need to tell them that you have CF and are trying to conceive with your wife. You heard that most CF men have fertility issues and would like to have a semen analysis done. It's really not too bad...It might feel ackward (sp?), but any nurse that knows about CF in males should understand.
<br />
<br />Also, some CF men have a Vas Deferens, but it doesn't work. If a Vas Deferens is present, it can be felt on a pelvic exam. Still a semen analysis is the way to go. Good luck!

Jeana

My CF doc wrote up the lab request for my husband's sperm to be tested and gave us a cup. We brought the cup with the specimen to the lab. Good luck!

Jeana

My CF doc wrote up the lab request for my husband's sperm to be tested and gave us a cup. We brought the cup with the specimen to the lab. Good luck!

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

fondreflections

The collection avenue depends...

Usually if you live within 30 minutes of the clinic, they will let you collect at home.

If you live over 30 minutes away, they usually request you collect in the office.

Sperm starts to die after 30 minutes. However (in your case), they/you want to see if you have any sperm at all so it might be okay to collect at home...

fondreflections

Usually if you live within 30 minutes of the clinic, they will let you collect at home.

If you live over 30 minutes away, they usually request you collect in the office.

Sperm starts to die after 30 minutes. However (in your case), they/you want to see if you have any sperm at all so it might be okay to collect at home...

fondreflections

fondreflections

fondreflections

<br />
<br />Usually if you live within 30 minutes of the clinic, they will let you collect at home.
<br />
<br />If you live over 30 minutes away, they usually request you collect in the office.
<br />
<br />Sperm starts to die after 30 minutes. However (in your case), they/you want to see if you have any sperm at all so it might be okay to collect at home...