Nebbed Mucomyst...

Brad

Felicia

I was just reading your post .
I can't get over the Doc telling You that Mucomyst was Discontinued..
That is Just Not True. I know Many Cfers Who use it everyday like me.

It has been around for years, The reason is because it Works !

As far as it stripping the Cilia from the lining of the trachea .
I have Never Heard that and I have been seen Docs at Children's in DC 4yrs ( DX there )
I have been seen at Georgetown Hosp 5 yrs, NIH and Charlottesville Va 7yrs .
All Top notch Hospitals. Never have heard of anyone having such a issue
from using Mucomyst.

It's a Older Med,It smells bad, But it works very well to break up
and help get the junk out of the lungs.

I am Looking into taking it Orally also, But have not started as of Yet.
Not sure if I will get the Fizzy Tabs or Drink it .I will be talking
this over with my Doctor very soon.

Brad

Felicia

I have Never Heard that and I have been seen Docs at Children's in DC 4yrs ( DX there )
from using Mucomyst.

Brad

Felicia

from using Mucomyst.

Brad

Felicia

from using Mucomyst.

Brad

Felicia
<br />
<br /> I was just reading your post .
<br /> I can't get over the Doc telling You that Mucomyst was Discontinued..
<br /> That is Just Not True. I know Many Cfers Who use it everyday like me.
<br />
<br /> It has been around for years, The reason is because it Works !
<br />
<br /> As far as it stripping the Cilia from the lining of the trachea .
<br /> I have Never Heard that and I have been seen Docs at Children's in DC 4yrs ( DX there )
<br /> I have been seen at Georgetown Hosp 5 yrs, NIH and Charlottesville Va 7yrs .
<br /> All Top notch Hospitals. Never have heard of anyone having such a issue
<br /> from using Mucomyst.
<br />
<br /> It's a Older Med,It smells bad, But it works very well to break up
<br /> and help get the junk out of the lungs.
<br />
<br /> I am Looking into taking it Orally also, But have not started as of Yet.
<br /> Not sure if I will get the Fizzy Tabs or Drink it .I will be talking
<br /> this over with my Doctor very soon.

mariahsmommy

Thanks Brad,
I am so confused about it. I am going to tell him all of this and see what he says. And in the meantime, I am going to look into other clinics.

mariahsmommy

Thanks Brad,
I am so confused about it. I am going to tell him all of this and see what he says. And in the meantime, I am going to look into other clinics.

mariahsmommy

Thanks Brad,

mariahsmommy

Thanks Brad,

mariahsmommy

Thanks Brad,
<br /> I am so confused about it. I am going to tell him all of this and see what he says. And in the meantime, I am going to look into other clinics.

M

MiddleAgedLady

I have just begun reusing Mucomyst. I used it for many years but when Pulmozyme came out, Mucomyst seemed to fall from grace at my previous clinic. For some reason I had assumed it was no longer manufactured. I asked my new Dr. about it and am back on it. It helps break up my cough much better than Pulmozyme ever has. I would definitely urge you to try another clinic!

Joan

M

MiddleAgedLady

I have just begun reusing Mucomyst. I used it for many years but when Pulmozyme came out, Mucomyst seemed to fall from grace at my previous clinic. For some reason I had assumed it was no longer manufactured. I asked my new Dr. about it and am back on it. It helps break up my cough much better than Pulmozyme ever has. I would definitely urge you to try another clinic!

Joan

M

MiddleAgedLady

Joan

M

MiddleAgedLady

Joan

M

MiddleAgedLady

<br />
<br />Joan

ambjmbmrb

I am a momma of a 9 yr. old w/CF (diagnosed at 2) who has had very good health to date. Our Drs in St. Louis had her on enzymes for 6 yrs before they figured out she is sufficient.....and this was due to me pushing and researching because she was constipated! Couldn't understand why and they just kept increasing her dose. Ugh. So frustrating...now she is no longer on enzymes and goes to Minnesota 2 x's a yr. and our Drs here in St. Louis 4 x's so that we stay on top of everything.
We just returned a week ago from MN and they put her on 2 ml mucomyst mixed with albuterol in the am and pm with pulmozyme in the am as well. All of it is done at the same time as her 30 min. vest treatment. If the neb runs out with the pm....we add saline to keep it going the entire vest treatment. MN does this for all their patients. Just wanted to add in the most up to date treatment suggested from the best. Hope this helps.......

imported_Momto2

In me, continual long term use of mucomyst (talking time span of 2x daily for years) does indeed cause bronchospasms. However, when I have an infection or am just junky on any particular day, I've found nothing that works better to break up and clear out the crap. I've been on it off and on for close to 40 years. I mix it with albuterol, sometimes with some HTS. Works great and my doc (UNC chapel hill CF center) has no prob with me being on it. Works much better for me than pulmozyme.