Nebs and vest

fourkidsmom

On the adult side BelEAche posted about doing nebs/vest at the same time. This really got me thinking.... I too have been told different things from our CF clinic. Before we were told not to do pulmozyme with vest, since we started the HTS we were told to do this:
Morning- 1st treatment
Albuterol and pulmicort- while doing vest
Pulmozyme- while doing the vest
(vest runs for 20 minutes)
Then HTS- by that time the vest is finished- so no vest with HTS.

(the other 2 breathing treatments are also done with vest and nebs.)

What do you parents of CF kids do? What have you been told to do? This really concerns me because I really take to heart what the adult CF'ers say and what I am doing conflicts with alot of them.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

On the adult side BelEAche posted about doing nebs/vest at the same time. This really got me thinking.... I too have been told different things from our CF clinic. Before we were told not to do pulmozyme with vest, since we started the HTS we were told to do this:
Morning- 1st treatment

What do you parents of CF kids do? What have you been told to do? This really concerns me because I really take to heart what the adult CF'ers say and what I am doing conflicts with alot of them.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Morning- 1st treatment

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Morning- 1st treatment

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Morning- 1st treatment

Fourkidsmom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS isn't on HTS yet, but we've always done duoneb (albuterol/atrovent combo) while doing CPT/Vest. And just started doing the pulmozyme with his vest and he's usually done with the vest before he's finished with the pulmozyme. Only thing we were told NOT to vest with was his Tobi.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS isn't on HTS yet, but we've always done duoneb (albuterol/atrovent combo) while doing CPT/Vest. And just started doing the pulmozyme with his vest and he's usually done with the vest before he's finished with the pulmozyme. Only thing we were told NOT to vest with was his Tobi.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

mom4holly

The only thing we dont do with the VEST is TOBI & thats because they told me not to. The week after I started the VEST I started doing Pulmozyne with it & didnt notice a difference either way & the doc said it was ok so we do it that way.

mom4holly

The only thing we dont do with the VEST is TOBI & thats because they told me not to. The week after I started the VEST I started doing Pulmozyne with it & didnt notice a difference either way & the doc said it was ok so we do it that way.

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly

T

TonyaH

UNC has us on the following:

AM:
albuterol,HTS, then airway clearance

PM:
albuterol,HTs, Pulmozyme, then airway clearance

We have a vest and flutter, and obviously manual CPT. Andrew gets to choose what he wants to use. Right now we are increasing his CPT due to infection, but the last few days his mucous has become more and more clear. YEAH!!!!!

The adult section post caught my eye, too. Mel talked about the concern of "wasting" such an expensive medication. I certainly plan to talk with our doctor more about this on the 29th. I don't want to waste a $2000 medication!

T

TonyaH

AM:

PM:

We have a vest and flutter, and obviously manual CPT. Andrew gets to choose what he wants to use. Right now we are increasing his CPT due to infection, but the last few days his mucous has become more and more clear. YEAH!!!!!

The adult section post caught my eye, too. Mel talked about the concern of "wasting" such an expensive medication. I certainly plan to talk with our doctor more about this on the 29th. I don't want to waste a $2000 medication!

T

TonyaH

AM:

PM:

T

TonyaH

AM:

PM:

T

TonyaH

AM:

PM: