Need Advice

princessjdc

Hey sis, glad to see you finally became a member. I hope that you get a lot out of this site like I have over the years.

Ive already told you my opinion a/k/a we talked about it Sunday so I hope others on here can help you out too.

princessjdc

Hey sis, glad to see you finally became a member. I hope that you get a lot out of this site like I have over the years.

Ive already told you my opinion a/k/a we talked about it Sunday so I hope others on here can help you out too.

princessjdc

princessjdc

princessjdc

<br />
<br />Ive already told you my opinion a/k/a we talked about it Sunday so I hope others on here can help you out too.

julie

Appealing IVF with PGD coverage to your ins. to prevent a CF baby is always something you could try. You could give some general statistics of the costs related to CF (get some help/info from your sister) and the statistics of you having a child with CF based on the carrier status of you and DH.

I really don't like to comment on these questions as I feel it's a really personal decision and nobody should be judged or meant to feel like they are wrong for whatever they decide is best for their family.

Hope you get some feedback that helps you make your decision.

Welcome to the board!!

julie

Appealing IVF with PGD coverage to your ins. to prevent a CF baby is always something you could try. You could give some general statistics of the costs related to CF (get some help/info from your sister) and the statistics of you having a child with CF based on the carrier status of you and DH.

I really don't like to comment on these questions as I feel it's a really personal decision and nobody should be judged or meant to feel like they are wrong for whatever they decide is best for their family.

Welcome to the board!!

julie

Welcome to the board!!

julie

Welcome to the board!!

julie

<br />
<br />I really don't like to comment on these questions as I feel it's a really personal decision and nobody should be judged or meant to feel like they are wrong for whatever they decide is best for their family.
<br />
<br />Hope you get some feedback that helps you make your decision.
<br />
<br />Welcome to the board!!

JazzysMom

You will get a lot of feed back & it wont always be kind (warning!)

Its difficult to say the least & most certainly a personal choice. Some people are bitter that their parents risked it knowingly. Some arent.

Some speculate what their feelings would be IF their parents had known.

I guess much of it depends on IF your child DID have CF & how their life went.....

??? is do YOU think (meaning both of you) can handle it AND do you think its fair to the child (this will be one thing brought to your attention) should YOU decide to play the odds!

I am glad to see that you joined us because its a good place to get feedback.

Welcome!

JazzysMom

Its difficult to say the least & most certainly a personal choice. Some people are bitter that their parents risked it knowingly. Some arent.

I guess much of it depends on IF your child DID have CF & how their life went.....

??? is do YOU think (meaning both of you) can handle it AND do you think its fair to the child (this will be one thing brought to your attention) should YOU decide to play the odds!

Welcome!

JazzysMom

Welcome!

JazzysMom

Welcome!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Its difficult to say the least & most certainly a personal choice. Some people are bitter that their parents risked it knowingly. Some arent.
<br />
<br />Some speculate what their feelings would be IF their parents had known.
<br />
<br />I guess much of it depends on IF your child DID have CF & how their life went.....
<br />
<br />??? is do YOU think (meaning both of you) can handle it AND do you think its fair to the child (this will be one thing brought to your attention) should YOU decide to play the odds!
<br />
<br />I am glad to see that you joined us because its a good place to get feedback.
<br />
<br />Welcome!

MargaritaChic

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JazzysMom</b></i>
??? is do YOU think (meaning both of you) can handle it AND do you think its fair to the child (this will be one thing brought to your attention) should YOU decide to play the odds!</end quote></div>

Also, it is important to consider the child that you have now would be affected if their sibling had CF. A child with CF takes more care and this can often be difficult for other non-CF siblings.

MargaritaChic

??? is do YOU think (meaning both of you) can handle it AND do you think its fair to the child (this will be one thing brought to your attention) should YOU decide to play the odds!</end quote></div>

Also, it is important to consider the child that you have now would be affected if their sibling had CF. A child with CF takes more care and this can often be difficult for other non-CF siblings.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

??? is do YOU think (meaning both of you) can handle it AND do you think its fair to the child (this will be one thing brought to your attention) should YOU decide to play the odds!</end quote>

MargaritaChic

<br />??? is do YOU think (meaning both of you) can handle it AND do you think its fair to the child (this will be one thing brought to your attention) should YOU decide to play the odds!</end quote>
<br />
<br />Also, it is important to consider the child that you have now would be affected if their sibling had CF. A child with CF takes more care and this can often be difficult for other non-CF siblings.