Need help feeding enzymes & food with spoons

Mommy2Alysa

I had this problem with Kiana for a few days and what worked for me was dipping my finger in applesauce (clean hands of course) and the putting the enzymes on my finger tip and then putting a bit more applesauce (so they were coated) and then my finger in her mouth.

I know, probably not the best way but it worked for the few days she refused and it was the ONLY way I could get it into her. I guess you could put it on a soother and have her suck that as well....

Mommy2Alysa

I had this problem with Kiana for a few days and what worked for me was dipping my finger in applesauce (clean hands of course) and the putting the enzymes on my finger tip and then putting a bit more applesauce (so they were coated) and then my finger in her mouth.

I know, probably not the best way but it worked for the few days she refused and it was the ONLY way I could get it into her. I guess you could put it on a soother and have her suck that as well....

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />I know, probably not the best way but it worked for the few days she refused and it was the ONLY way I could get it into her. I guess you could put it on a soother and have her suck that as well....

ConnorsMom

We always tried to hide the enzymes with sprinkles. Before every meal we gave Connor some yogurt, applesauce, pudding and the like with the enzymes and sprinkles. When he was 2 we stopped hiding it and just gave it to him on the spoon until he decided to start swallowing the pills himself (he was 2 1/2 when he did that).

ConnorsMom

We always tried to hide the enzymes with sprinkles. Before every meal we gave Connor some yogurt, applesauce, pudding and the like with the enzymes and sprinkles. When he was 2 we stopped hiding it and just gave it to him on the spoon until he decided to start swallowing the pills himself (he was 2 1/2 when he did that).

ConnorsMom

ConnorsMom

ConnorsMom

Z

zeeannie

If the spoon is the problem try a syringe. We used one of those really really big syringes and filled it with the alotted amount of enzymes mixed into the applesauce. Of course you have to use it all so just put in what you'll use at that meal. The novelty of the delivery might work.

Z

zeeannie

If the spoon is the problem try a syringe. We used one of those really really big syringes and filled it with the alotted amount of enzymes mixed into the applesauce. Of course you have to use it all so just put in what you'll use at that meal. The novelty of the delivery might work.

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

bananagirl

hey i live in colorado too just thought that was interesting. Any way when i was little my parents used to us those little jelly containers that they have at restaurants and they would open up my enzymes up and sprinkle them onto it. they are also really handy to carry around for snack s on the go.

bananagirl

hey i live in colorado too just thought that was interesting. Any way when i was little my parents used to us those little jelly containers that they have at restaurants and they would open up my enzymes up and sprinkle them onto it. they are also really handy to carry around for snack s on the go.

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl

BrigitsMom

I was just typing a response to your post and then noticed that it was from a year ago! So, instead, I'll just say that I've got an infant now with CF (who still takes her enzymes with no issues). I was wondering if you are in the Denver area?