Need help with fussy one year old

HollyAnnsMom

Hi there! My name is Kristan and our little girl Holly Ann was dx with CF when she was 6 weeks old. She will be one in a couple of weeks and she is such a difficult child. She has always cried a lot and been very demanding of our time but here lately she is getting worse. We were dealing with ear infections so the dr. said that was the reason for the fussiness so we had tubes put in the end of March and we just knew she would be a different baby in a couple of weeks however the fussiness is getting worse. The dr. cannot find anything wrong and all of her tests are fine. When we go to the dr. she is the sweetest child and never fusses but it is really starting to disrupt our whole life. It's like nothing we do can make her happy. Please help if you have had any experiences like this or have any advice.

HollyAnnsMom

Hi there! My name is Kristan and our little girl Holly Ann was dx with CF when she was 6 weeks old. She will be one in a couple of weeks and she is such a difficult child. She has always cried a lot and been very demanding of our time but here lately she is getting worse. We were dealing with ear infections so the dr. said that was the reason for the fussiness so we had tubes put in the end of March and we just knew she would be a different baby in a couple of weeks however the fussiness is getting worse. The dr. cannot find anything wrong and all of her tests are fine. When we go to the dr. she is the sweetest child and never fusses but it is really starting to disrupt our whole life. It's like nothing we do can make her happy. Please help if you have had any experiences like this or have any advice.

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom

sslondon

Hi Kristan,

My son was the kind of baby you describe. He was VERY difficult to deal with and cried all the time, the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. His gastro doctor didn't think he had reflux, but his pulmonologist started him on Prevacid just to see, and after a couple of weeks he was a different child. He even started sleeping through the night (he was almost three and never had before) and he became a very happy toddler. I have no idea if your daughter would benefit from this drug, or is already on it, but it certainly turned all of our lives around. He jumped quite a few percentiles in weight too. Just a thought. I hope you figure it out, I know how draining it can be. Take care.

Sharon.

sslondon

Hi Kristan,

My son was the kind of baby you describe. He was VERY difficult to deal with and cried all the time, the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. His gastro doctor didn't think he had reflux, but his pulmonologist started him on Prevacid just to see, and after a couple of weeks he was a different child. He even started sleeping through the night (he was almost three and never had before) and he became a very happy toddler. I have no idea if your daughter would benefit from this drug, or is already on it, but it certainly turned all of our lives around. He jumped quite a few percentiles in weight too. Just a thought. I hope you figure it out, I know how draining it can be. Take care.

Sharon.

sslondon

Hi Kristan,

Sharon.

sslondon

Hi Kristan,

Sharon.

sslondon

Hi Kristan,
<br />
<br />My son was the kind of baby you describe. He was VERY difficult to deal with and cried all the time, the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. His gastro doctor didn't think he had reflux, but his pulmonologist started him on Prevacid just to see, and after a couple of weeks he was a different child. He even started sleeping through the night (he was almost three and never had before) and he became a very happy toddler. I have no idea if your daughter would benefit from this drug, or is already on it, but it certainly turned all of our lives around. He jumped quite a few percentiles in weight too. Just a thought. I hope you figure it out, I know how draining it can be. Take care.
<br />
<br />Sharon.

pjspiegle

Ditto with Sharon, and if she is on one, an anti-reflux med, then she might need a different one. There are several that can be tried. Zantac is popular for little ones and comes in liquid form but there are others that can be tried.

pjspiegle

Ditto with Sharon, and if she is on one, an anti-reflux med, then she might need a different one. There are several that can be tried. Zantac is popular for little ones and comes in liquid form but there are others that can be tried.

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

HollyAnnsMom

Thanks guys for the advice. It is very draining when all day and all afternoon until bed time my husband and I are both battling a one year old to make her happy. Holly has been on axid for a while because we couldn't get her to take zantac but that is the best advice I've heard yet that maybe the axid is not working so I will call dr monday and have them call us in something else. Thanks again.

HollyAnnsMom

Thanks guys for the advice. It is very draining when all day and all afternoon until bed time my husband and I are both battling a one year old to make her happy. Holly has been on axid for a while because we couldn't get her to take zantac but that is the best advice I've heard yet that maybe the axid is not working so I will call dr monday and have them call us in something else. Thanks again.

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom