Need help with supplements for an infant

redheadedmommy

we give vitamins in a syringe mixed w/ food.. like peaches mix it up with a spoon full of food in a medicine cup and suck it up the syringe(10ml) she takes it all down and doesnt spit it up!

redheadedmommy

we give vitamins in a syringe mixed w/ food.. like peaches mix it up with a spoon full of food in a medicine cup and suck it up the syringe(10ml) she takes it all down and doesnt spit it up!

redheadedmommy

KeiraMomDad

My doc has always told us to give the vitamax at a different feeding than the prevacid, since the prevacid can cause the vitamins to not absorb as well.

KeiraMomDad

My doc has always told us to give the vitamax at a different feeding than the prevacid, since the prevacid can cause the vitamins to not absorb as well.

KeiraMomDad

ashmomo

For some lucky reason I have not had much trouble getting my kids to take any meds. I have always just added the salt to the applesauce. My 5 year old hates when I do it now by surprise, cuz I only do it if she hasn't eaten enough things for me to add extra salt to all day.

But when Jordin was fighting taking her meds for a short period I would squirt it into an empty nipple and she would suck it out. Then I woul exchange for her bottle. Maybe you could try that, just mix the salt with a very small amount of formula and have him suck that out of the nipple then give him his regular bottle. That way it would only be a few sucks, maybe stronger but less.

Hope you find something that works!

ashmomo

For some lucky reason I have not had much trouble getting my kids to take any meds. I have always just added the salt to the applesauce. My 5 year old hates when I do it now by surprise, cuz I only do it if she hasn't eaten enough things for me to add extra salt to all day.

But when Jordin was fighting taking her meds for a short period I would squirt it into an empty nipple and she would suck it out. Then I woul exchange for her bottle. Maybe you could try that, just mix the salt with a very small amount of formula and have him suck that out of the nipple then give him his regular bottle. That way it would only be a few sucks, maybe stronger but less.

Hope you find something that works!

ashmomo

<br />
<br />But when Jordin was fighting taking her meds for a short period I would squirt it into an empty nipple and she would suck it out. Then I woul exchange for her bottle. Maybe you could try that, just mix the salt with a very small amount of formula and have him suck that out of the nipple then give him his regular bottle. That way it would only be a few sucks, maybe stronger but less.
<br />
<br />Hope you find something that works!

ambrozhe

I have found a little medibottle device from my local walmart and babiesrus. It holds the vitamins with 1/2 oz of breastmilk and sometimes the salt and then I feed it to DS before a full bottle. That way I know he is taking all of the vitamins even if he doesn't take all of his bottle.

ambrozhe

I have found a little medibottle device from my local walmart and babiesrus. It holds the vitamins with 1/2 oz of breastmilk and sometimes the salt and then I feed it to DS before a full bottle. That way I know he is taking all of the vitamins even if he doesn't take all of his bottle.

ambrozhe