Need help

thefrogprincess

I haven't flown in a while and last time I was only gone from home for 2 days so I didn't bother hauling me neb stuff. But Brian and I going to NYC for a week and I know I shouldn't be without my HTS for that especially since I'm still a little junked up from having that chest cold. So what do I need to do to get my stuff on board? I don't want to put it in my checked baggage because it could get lost, but I don't want to get grief from security obviously.

thefrogprincess

I haven't flown in a while and last time I was only gone from home for 2 days so I didn't bother hauling me neb stuff. But Brian and I going to NYC for a week and I know I shouldn't be without my HTS for that especially since I'm still a little junked up from having that chest cold. So what do I need to do to get my stuff on board? I don't want to put it in my checked baggage because it could get lost, but I don't want to get grief from security obviously.

thefrogprincess

cfkellygirl

I find the easiest way is to put all the nebs, meds and everything else into a carryon bag. Usually when the bag goes throgh the machine they stop it and take it to the side to be inspected. It can be a hassle sometimes but I don't mind it. They never ask why I have it. They open the bag up, look at it, and I just say it is my neb and they close it and let me go.

cfkellygirl

I find the easiest way is to put all the nebs, meds and everything else into a carryon bag. Usually when the bag goes throgh the machine they stop it and take it to the side to be inspected. It can be a hassle sometimes but I don't mind it. They never ask why I have it. They open the bag up, look at it, and I just say it is my neb and they close it and let me go.

cfkellygirl

karenanne99

I've gone on various trips, went across the border and everything, I always keep my meds and aerosol in my carry on. They usually check it like cfkellygirl said but I just say its an aerosol machine and they let me through...it usually only takes a minute and you are much better off than to NOT have all your meds with you! Take care of yourself no matter what!! And enjoy your trip!

Karen

karenanne99

I've gone on various trips, went across the border and everything, I always keep my meds and aerosol in my carry on. They usually check it like cfkellygirl said but I just say its an aerosol machine and they let me through...it usually only takes a minute and you are much better off than to NOT have all your meds with you! Take care of yourself no matter what!! And enjoy your trip!

Karen

karenanne99

Karen

perky79

Airport security differs with different airports. Last time I flew out of LAX I needed a doctors note for all my crap. Your best bet is to call ahead and speak with someone from your airline to figure out what you need to do.

perky79

Airport security differs with different airports. Last time I flew out of LAX I needed a doctors note for all my crap. Your best bet is to call ahead and speak with someone from your airline to figure out what you need to do.

perky79

momtoCory

My son flew to Germany in September. He had a days worth of meds in his carry on. His doctor provided a note stating what meds he needed and what meds were in his suitcase. He never had any problems at all

momtoCory

My son flew to Germany in September. He had a days worth of meds in his carry on. His doctor provided a note stating what meds he needed and what meds were in his suitcase. He never had any problems at all

momtoCory

JazzysMom

I would keep it all with you in a carry on & get a note from the doctor saying what is what & why....also make sure all meds are in their original containers. I know its a pain, but better to get screened & have them then to lose them altogether. When will you be in NYC?

JazzysMom

I would keep it all with you in a carry on & get a note from the doctor saying what is what & why....also make sure all meds are in their original containers. I know its a pain, but better to get screened & have them then to lose them altogether. When will you be in NYC?

JazzysMom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Medical equipment and medications are all excempt from baggage limits, etc. So you can bring them as carry ons, incuding your vest if you have one.

I put all DS's meds in a clear make up bag with labels facing out -- make sure all have prescription labels on them. I have an old doctor's letter indicating DS has cystic fibrosis, but after a trip to mexico last February and being taken aside at our local airport because we have a "breathing device", think we need it updated. Scared the heck out of me. Thought they weren't going to let us travel. Found out later from Emily (when hers got taken apart and security cleared the airport), there'd been a scare a few years back with someone putting an explosive device in a nebulizer and trying to get thru security.

You should also declare to them prior to going thru security that you have medications and medical equipment. Regs have changed recently regarding carryons, toiletries -- size limitation and need to be in a plastic baggy. My MIL got stopped last week because she didn't realize she had a bottle of nailpolish in her purse that wasn't in a baggy. She didn't even realize it was IN her purse and they gave her a tough time.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Medical equipment and medications are all excempt from baggage limits, etc. So you can bring them as carry ons, incuding your vest if you have one.

I put all DS's meds in a clear make up bag with labels facing out -- make sure all have prescription labels on them. I have an old doctor's letter indicating DS has cystic fibrosis, but after a trip to mexico last February and being taken aside at our local airport because we have a "breathing device", think we need it updated. Scared the heck out of me. Thought they weren't going to let us travel. Found out later from Emily (when hers got taken apart and security cleared the airport), there'd been a scare a few years back with someone putting an explosive device in a nebulizer and trying to get thru security.

You should also declare to them prior to going thru security that you have medications and medical equipment. Regs have changed recently regarding carryons, toiletries -- size limitation and need to be in a plastic baggy. My MIL got stopped last week because she didn't realize she had a bottle of nailpolish in her purse that wasn't in a baggy. She didn't even realize it was IN her purse and they gave her a tough time.