Need Ideas

ReneeP

Hi everyone...

My daughter, Kacie, was recently approved for her Make A Wish (she's asking for a cruise which we will probably take in January)... She is so excited... Well a couple of weeks ago the Make A Wish Foundation called me and asked if they could use Kacie as the poster child for a fundraiser they were having in my town and the money raised would go to her wish...I said sure...that would be great...

This fundraiser was a golf tournament. I went to my employer (a large bank) with Kacie's poster and asked if they would sponser a team to play in her name (cost was like $200.00, nothing compared to what they spend on other fundraisers)... they told me no... they didn't want to show special treatment to the employees. They do all sorts of fundraisers for the public. Well, this really bothered me but I just let it go.

Now, on Nov. 17th they are having a Race for Wishes walk a thon for Make A Wish and guess who wants to form a team to run... my bank. And they had the nerve to ask me to join. I said no way. I already have a team put together and we are raising money on our own. Our goal is to beat the bank's team...

So, now, the reason for my post... I need some fundraising ideas... I have never done a fundraiser before but am really motivated on this one.. I need some good ideas to raise a bunch of money... I'd appreciate any help.

Oh, here is a link to my fundraising site..If you click on my name (renee) there is a pic of my girls there too...
We named our team "Team Holland" as we represent the people who live in Holland rather than Italy (obviously from the poem, Welcome to Holland, which I also have posted on my site)...

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://westtexasraceforwishes.kintera.org/teamholland">Team Holland</a>

Thanks much!

ReneeP

Hi everyone...

My daughter, Kacie, was recently approved for her Make A Wish (she's asking for a cruise which we will probably take in January)... She is so excited... Well a couple of weeks ago the Make A Wish Foundation called me and asked if they could use Kacie as the poster child for a fundraiser they were having in my town and the money raised would go to her wish...I said sure...that would be great...

This fundraiser was a golf tournament. I went to my employer (a large bank) with Kacie's poster and asked if they would sponser a team to play in her name (cost was like $200.00, nothing compared to what they spend on other fundraisers)... they told me no... they didn't want to show special treatment to the employees. They do all sorts of fundraisers for the public. Well, this really bothered me but I just let it go.

Now, on Nov. 17th they are having a Race for Wishes walk a thon for Make A Wish and guess who wants to form a team to run... my bank. And they had the nerve to ask me to join. I said no way. I already have a team put together and we are raising money on our own. Our goal is to beat the bank's team...

So, now, the reason for my post... I need some fundraising ideas... I have never done a fundraiser before but am really motivated on this one.. I need some good ideas to raise a bunch of money... I'd appreciate any help.

Oh, here is a link to my fundraising site..If you click on my name (renee) there is a pic of my girls there too...
We named our team "Team Holland" as we represent the people who live in Holland rather than Italy (obviously from the poem, Welcome to Holland, which I also have posted on my site)...

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://westtexasraceforwishes.kintera.org/teamholland">Team Holland</a>

Thanks much!

ReneeP

Hi everyone...

Thanks much!

ReneeP

Hi everyone...

Thanks much!

ReneeP

Hi everyone...

Thanks much!

spicyone18

Well one good fundraising event we did for our Great Strides team is we went to our local Sonic Drive In and car hopped for the day. 9-6 is the hours we did. We raised almost $900 that day. I dont know if you have a sonic or not but if you do I would look into that.
Also go to Wal-Mart or Sams and ask if they would donate money. Our team was able to get $500 from our Sams Club. Each store is different so if you have more then one Sams or Walmart near by you can hit each store.
We also sold cold drinks and candy bars in front of the Sams Club and made a couple 100 that way too.
We did a garage sale where all the sales went to our team we made another couple 100, and amazingly we only did the garage sale one day and sold little crappy stuff. On our signs we said that it benefitted the CFF.

Anyway just a couple of ideas. Good LUCK!

spicyone18

Well one good fundraising event we did for our Great Strides team is we went to our local Sonic Drive In and car hopped for the day. 9-6 is the hours we did. We raised almost $900 that day. I dont know if you have a sonic or not but if you do I would look into that.
Also go to Wal-Mart or Sams and ask if they would donate money. Our team was able to get $500 from our Sams Club. Each store is different so if you have more then one Sams or Walmart near by you can hit each store.
We also sold cold drinks and candy bars in front of the Sams Club and made a couple 100 that way too.
We did a garage sale where all the sales went to our team we made another couple 100, and amazingly we only did the garage sale one day and sold little crappy stuff. On our signs we said that it benefitted the CFF.

spicyone18

spicyone18

spicyone18

clawson5104

In our area, Applebee's sponsors a breakfast from 9-11:30, u supply the waitress, and all the money goes to ur organization for the 2 1/2 hrs. then there's Little Ceasar's pizza & cookie kits just for fundraising, hot dog & bake sales, and candles are a HUGE hit in our area too. GO GET 'EM! i hope u beat the pants off of ur employers.....what a shame. i'd probably couldn't have toughed it out, i'd have turned in my notice and worked at mcdonald's before i'd work for them....sorry. had to put my penny's worth in. GOOD LUCK!! and congrats on Make A Wish!!!

clawson5104

In our area, Applebee's sponsors a breakfast from 9-11:30, u supply the waitress, and all the money goes to ur organization for the 2 1/2 hrs. then there's Little Ceasar's pizza & cookie kits just for fundraising, hot dog & bake sales, and candles are a HUGE hit in our area too. GO GET 'EM! i hope u beat the pants off of ur employers.....what a shame. i'd probably couldn't have toughed it out, i'd have turned in my notice and worked at mcdonald's before i'd work for them....sorry. had to put my penny's worth in. GOOD LUCK!! and congrats on Make A Wish!!!

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

ReneeP

Thanks for the ideas. Those are definately some things I hadn't thought of. I have to admit I am working very much out of spite right now, but hey...whatever it takes... it's all for a good cause. We have our goal set at $6000.00 (the average cost of one wish) and so far we've raised $1490.00. The walk is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I was interviewed today by the local newspaper (very nervewracking). They've also asked me to speak at the walk a thon and I am very scared about that. But whatever I can do to spread the word is worth it. It's also my one little chance to get the CF word out there. I always try to find a way to squeeze that in to try to educate people about it...

Thanks again... and all other ideas are welcome!

ReneeP

Thanks for the ideas. Those are definately some things I hadn't thought of. I have to admit I am working very much out of spite right now, but hey...whatever it takes... it's all for a good cause. We have our goal set at $6000.00 (the average cost of one wish) and so far we've raised $1490.00. The walk is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I was interviewed today by the local newspaper (very nervewracking). They've also asked me to speak at the walk a thon and I am very scared about that. But whatever I can do to spread the word is worth it. It's also my one little chance to get the CF word out there. I always try to find a way to squeeze that in to try to educate people about it...

ReneeP

ReneeP

ReneeP