Need some help with dealing with all this...

wuffles

Like your daughter, I had a very high FEV1 when I was young and in my teens. After a bought of pneumonia and a few colds, I ended up on 94%. However, I've been on 94% now for... 3 or 4 years. I haven't budged one percent. So it doesn't always mean the start of a decline. Hang in there!

wuffles

Like your daughter, I had a very high FEV1 when I was young and in my teens. After a bought of pneumonia and a few colds, I ended up on 94%. However, I've been on 94% now for... 3 or 4 years. I haven't budged one percent. So it doesn't always mean the start of a decline. Hang in there!

wuffles

wuffles

wuffles

T

TonyaH

Hi Renee,

I just wanted to send my support along with the rest of the posters. As the mom, we are supposed to care for and protect our children, right? CF makes it very difficult to feel like we are doing the job we are meant to do. While our minds know that we are doing the best we can with treatments, therapy, and education, sometimes our hearts need to take over for a little while so we can release all of the stress that builds up in our everyday CF life. Take the time you need! We are all hear to listen!

T

TonyaH

Hi Renee,

I just wanted to send my support along with the rest of the posters. As the mom, we are supposed to care for and protect our children, right? CF makes it very difficult to feel like we are doing the job we are meant to do. While our minds know that we are doing the best we can with treatments, therapy, and education, sometimes our hearts need to take over for a little while so we can release all of the stress that builds up in our everyday CF life. Take the time you need! We are all hear to listen!

T

TonyaH

Hi Renee,

T

TonyaH

Hi Renee,

T

TonyaH

Hi Renee,

KMV77

My fev1's have been about 50% for the past 6-7 years, and I worry about it sometimes but its definitely just a number. I work full time, I just built a garage in my backyard, restored an old jeep, and have 2 2year old twin boys. I am a little short of breath every now and then, but I just keep going. Certain times of the year I feel crappier than others like now. The winter brings down my fev a little. Also the pft program takes height, weight and age intoconsideration when determining the fev1 score. So as those factors can change the fev's (I'm not sure how much though).
HTH
Kevin

KMV77

My fev1's have been about 50% for the past 6-7 years, and I worry about it sometimes but its definitely just a number. I work full time, I just built a garage in my backyard, restored an old jeep, and have 2 2year old twin boys. I am a little short of breath every now and then, but I just keep going. Certain times of the year I feel crappier than others like now. The winter brings down my fev a little. Also the pft program takes height, weight and age intoconsideration when determining the fev1 score. So as those factors can change the fev's (I'm not sure how much though).
HTH
Kevin

KMV77

HTH
Kevin

KMV77

HTH
Kevin

KMV77

HTH
Kevin

M

Mommafirst

I have no super sage advice for you on how to deal with this. I've had more than my share of falling apart episodes since diagnosis. I just wanted to give you some virtual HUGS and let you know that its okay to not be okay all the time. You don't have to like CF, you are allowed to feel sad. HUGS.

M

Mommafirst

I have no super sage advice for you on how to deal with this. I've had more than my share of falling apart episodes since diagnosis. I just wanted to give you some virtual HUGS and let you know that its okay to not be okay all the time. You don't have to like CF, you are allowed to feel sad. HUGS.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst