Need some tutoring

my3boys

I am also glad that I was reading forums this morning. I feel as though I have never understood the 5T/7T/9T importance either. My son also has DF508 & R117H 7T (he was diagnosed before he has born via an amnio and then also came up positive on the new born screening). Fortunately for us we have always been sent to wonderful CF centers who believe in preventative treatments, and he has remained very healthy. Reading Alyssa's blog was great as it gave me some insight as to future possibilities.

Thanks Steve for the info.

my3boys

I am also glad that I was reading forums this morning. I feel as though I have never understood the 5T/7T/9T importance either. My son also has DF508 & R117H 7T (he was diagnosed before he has born via an amnio and then also came up positive on the new born screening). Fortunately for us we have always been sent to wonderful CF centers who believe in preventative treatments, and he has remained very healthy. Reading Alyssa's blog was great as it gave me some insight as to future possibilities.

my3boys

my3boys

my3boys

<br />
<br />Thanks Steve for the info.

dyza

I think you are right Alyssa about the double RH117 (7T), as that is what I have, 41 years old, smoked for 23 years absolutely no symptoms and my PFT is 98%, which is apparently normal. Yes I do go to see a CF doctor but only once a year, purely for speculative measures as they honestly dont know how things will present for me in the future.
My boy has DF508 along with the RH117 7T, and he has also been told that it is *mild*, a word that I'm not that keen on using, all the measures that we take are preventative and proactive.

Craig

dyza

I think you are right Alyssa about the double RH117 (7T), as that is what I have, 41 years old, smoked for 23 years absolutely no symptoms and my PFT is 98%, which is apparently normal. Yes I do go to see a CF doctor but only once a year, purely for speculative measures as they honestly dont know how things will present for me in the future.
My boy has DF508 along with the RH117 7T, and he has also been told that it is *mild*, a word that I'm not that keen on using, all the measures that we take are preventative and proactive.

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

<br />My boy has DF508 along with the RH117 7T, and he has also been told that it is *mild*, a word that I'm not that keen on using, all the measures that we take are preventative and proactive.
<br />
<br />Craig