New Mom- help understanding dx of CF

ginandbrea

I will go to your bolg, my daughter also was misdiagnosed for 8 + years. My daughter was diagnosed at age 9 (8 months ago).

ginandbrea

I will go to your bolg, my daughter also was misdiagnosed for 8 + years. My daughter was diagnosed at age 9 (8 months ago).

ginandbrea

ginandbrea

ginandbrea

V

valigirl21

My son had the opposite problem. My state didn't, and may still not, have newborn screenings for CF. At about six months he was hosp. for RSV, supposedly overnight for observation, and it turned in to two weeks. Our ped thought that she might order a sweat test, but then decided he just had asthma. At age 7 our GI doc finally ordered the sweat test along with still tests and stuff b/c my son is FTT. After 3 sweat tests # 43 and consult w/ a CF spec. they decided to do the gen test, limited. Neg. Ambry full panel, neg. My son still has a diagnosis based on symptomology and that borderline sweat test. My point is symptomology doesn't always garauntee diagnosis.

V

valigirl21

My son had the opposite problem. My state didn't, and may still not, have newborn screenings for CF. At about six months he was hosp. for RSV, supposedly overnight for observation, and it turned in to two weeks. Our ped thought that she might order a sweat test, but then decided he just had asthma. At age 7 our GI doc finally ordered the sweat test along with still tests and stuff b/c my son is FTT. After 3 sweat tests # 43 and consult w/ a CF spec. they decided to do the gen test, limited. Neg. Ambry full panel, neg. My son still has a diagnosis based on symptomology and that borderline sweat test. My point is symptomology doesn't always garauntee diagnosis.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21