New Mom with Questions for parents with experience

RiverRat

Hello Jennifer,

My son got his vest at 6 weeks old. He is 12.5 weeks old now and I thank God everyday for his vest. Before we got his vest his therpy took way more than 20 minutes because he was squirmy and by the end he was in a bad mood. My husband and I were really worried about how good of a job we were doing. Now that we have the infant vest we are so thankful. My son loves his vest, I normally read to him during his treatments, however he has been known to fall asleep during them. He still has his days being cranky but nothing like before. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask but you should know they are out there.

Also congradulations on the weight gain! That is fantastic!

RiverRat

Hello Jennifer,

My son got his vest at 6 weeks old. He is 12.5 weeks old now and I thank God everyday for his vest. Before we got his vest his therpy took way more than 20 minutes because he was squirmy and by the end he was in a bad mood. My husband and I were really worried about how good of a job we were doing. Now that we have the infant vest we are so thankful. My son loves his vest, I normally read to him during his treatments, however he has been known to fall asleep during them. He still has his days being cranky but nothing like before. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask but you should know they are out there.

RiverRat

Hello Jennifer,

RiverRat

Hello Jennifer,

RiverRat

Hello Jennifer,
<br />
<br />My son got his vest at 6 weeks old. He is 12.5 weeks old now and I thank God everyday for his vest. Before we got his vest his therpy took way more than 20 minutes because he was squirmy and by the end he was in a bad mood. My husband and I were really worried about how good of a job we were doing. Now that we have the infant vest we are so thankful. My son loves his vest, I normally read to him during his treatments, however he has been known to fall asleep during them. He still has his days being cranky but nothing like before. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask but you should know they are out there.
<br />
<br />Also congradulations on the weight gain! That is fantastic!

MargaritaChic

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>RiverRat</b></i>

My son got his vest at 6 weeks old.</end quote></div>

I have not heard of a baby getting a vest so young. Our clinc said Emma can/should get one at about 1 year old. We do CPT.

Who makes the vest? Where are you located?

MargaritaChic

I have not heard of a baby getting a vest so young. Our clinc said Emma can/should get one at about 1 year old. We do CPT.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

My son got his vest at 6 weeks old.</end quote>

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />My son got his vest at 6 weeks old.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I have not heard of a baby getting a vest so young. Our clinc said Emma can/should get one at about 1 year old. We do CPT.
<br />
<br />Who makes the vest? Where are you located?

PlumPerfect

Wow I wish we could do a vest our clinic says we have to wait. Brandon is almost 2 months, he is almost 13 pds. I know as odd as it sounds I alway thought I would have a special needs child and I oddly feel thankful that its not worses, I can handle this, yes its hard and no one wants thsi beautiful baby to have anything wrong. I juat pray for the best

I have noticed his night treatment is when we do his 2 neb treatments and we wait till he is fully in a deep sleep then we do those and his pt it take a good hour to accomplish it all and no way can he handle this awake. In the mornings we have to do the pt awake and he screams and crys and gets all worked up, its heartbreaking really but I know it needs done. Although if my dh is around he will be ok if he sucks his finger and sometimes I let him drink a bottle during and that will calm him down.

I have noticed I really struggle getting him to take the vitamin I have tried about everything, putting it in a nipple with a little formula, giving it as he sucks out of the bottle, several smaller doses, and yet he still chokes, gags and spits half of it out... any suggestions would be great.

PlumPerfect

Wow I wish we could do a vest our clinic says we have to wait. Brandon is almost 2 months, he is almost 13 pds. I know as odd as it sounds I alway thought I would have a special needs child and I oddly feel thankful that its not worses, I can handle this, yes its hard and no one wants thsi beautiful baby to have anything wrong. I juat pray for the best

I have noticed his night treatment is when we do his 2 neb treatments and we wait till he is fully in a deep sleep then we do those and his pt it take a good hour to accomplish it all and no way can he handle this awake. In the mornings we have to do the pt awake and he screams and crys and gets all worked up, its heartbreaking really but I know it needs done. Although if my dh is around he will be ok if he sucks his finger and sometimes I let him drink a bottle during and that will calm him down.

I have noticed I really struggle getting him to take the vitamin I have tried about everything, putting it in a nipple with a little formula, giving it as he sucks out of the bottle, several smaller doses, and yet he still chokes, gags and spits half of it out... any suggestions would be great.

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

<br />
<br />I have noticed his night treatment is when we do his 2 neb treatments and we wait till he is fully in a deep sleep then we do those and his pt it take a good hour to accomplish it all and no way can he handle this awake. In the mornings we have to do the pt awake and he screams and crys and gets all worked up, its heartbreaking really but I know it needs done. Although if my dh is around he will be ok if he sucks his finger and sometimes I let him drink a bottle during and that will calm him down.
<br />
<br />I have noticed I really struggle getting him to take the vitamin I have tried about everything, putting it in a nipple with a little formula, giving it as he sucks out of the bottle, several smaller doses, and yet he still chokes, gags and spits half of it out... any suggestions would be great.

RiverRat

Hi I am located in Sacramento, CA. The maker of my vest is Hill Rom. I can identify with the screaming I have been there. I actually read to him while he does the vest. I am soo thankful. He is not happy about his neb treatments and gets very upset. He will not let me read to him instead he likes to have songs sent to him, perferrably the ABC's and wheels on the bus. Anything with motions. He hated his vitamins at first and now he takes them without hesitation. I just give them to him with the dropper and he seems to like them. At first he did choke and spit out the vitamins but I tried to stick to it because I knew it was good for him. I do give him about a quarter of the dropper at a time so I don't know if I was giving him too much at one time at first but when I give him 4 drops he does well.

If you or anyone else has any other tips on how to make a happy baby during neb treatments I would LOVE to hear them. Doing motions to songs for the baby and the nebulizer is not easy when I am alone. I think it must be funny for anyone looking in though.

Keep up the hard work!

RiverRat

Hi I am located in Sacramento, CA. The maker of my vest is Hill Rom. I can identify with the screaming I have been there. I actually read to him while he does the vest. I am soo thankful. He is not happy about his neb treatments and gets very upset. He will not let me read to him instead he likes to have songs sent to him, perferrably the ABC's and wheels on the bus. Anything with motions. He hated his vitamins at first and now he takes them without hesitation. I just give them to him with the dropper and he seems to like them. At first he did choke and spit out the vitamins but I tried to stick to it because I knew it was good for him. I do give him about a quarter of the dropper at a time so I don't know if I was giving him too much at one time at first but when I give him 4 drops he does well.

If you or anyone else has any other tips on how to make a happy baby during neb treatments I would LOVE to hear them. Doing motions to songs for the baby and the nebulizer is not easy when I am alone. I think it must be funny for anyone looking in though.

Keep up the hard work!

RiverRat

Keep up the hard work!

RiverRat

Keep up the hard work!

RiverRat

<br />
<br />If you or anyone else has any other tips on how to make a happy baby during neb treatments I would LOVE to hear them. Doing motions to songs for the baby and the nebulizer is not easy when I am alone. I think it must be funny for anyone looking in though.
<br />
<br />Keep up the hard work!