New Port - catheter over collarbone...is this right?

LouLou

I had a port placed yesterday. The catheter goes from the port which is halfway between my collarbone and my nipple up and over my collarbone. My collarbone protrudes and therefore you can actually see the catheter if you look close. I don't mind so much the appearance issue but it feels very annoying each time my shoulders shift he catheter wiggles over my bone. Please tell me this is normal placement and that after a couple days I won't feel a thing. Maybe I'm just feeling it because of the sutures at the jugular insertion site at the collarbone that they made for threading of the catheter.

LouLou

I had a port placed yesterday. The catheter goes from the port which is halfway between my collarbone and my nipple up and over my collarbone. My collarbone protrudes and therefore you can actually see the catheter if you look close. I don't mind so much the appearance issue but it feels very annoying each time my shoulders shift he catheter wiggles over my bone. Please tell me this is normal placement and that after a couple days I won't feel a thing. Maybe I'm just feeling it because of the sutures at the jugular insertion site at the collarbone that they made for threading of the catheter.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

MOME2RT

Reeces port is placed a few inches under his nipple. I can see his cath as well. Esp up near the collarbone. We have been told that his is unusually low...but we were told that it would be easier to do CPT. We have had no problems so far & he had it placed in 2005.

Hope you start to get uses to it & beileve me it will be much better then a PICC!!!

MOME2RT

Reeces port is placed a few inches under his nipple. I can see his cath as well. Esp up near the collarbone. We have been told that his is unusually low...but we were told that it would be easier to do CPT. We have had no problems so far & he had it placed in 2005.

Hope you start to get uses to it & beileve me it will be much better then a PICC!!!

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

<br />
<br />Hope you start to get uses to it & beileve me it will be much better then a PICC!!!

MOME2RT

Hope you start to get use to it & beileve me it will be much better then a PICC!!!

MOME2RT

Hope you start to get use to it & beileve me it will be much better then a PICC!!!

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

<br />
<br />Hope you start to get use to it & beileve me it will be much better then a PICC!!!

PepperKitty

I've had several ports. The tube going over the collarbone is pretty normal. It should be a lot more comfortable after the sutures are removed & the swelling goes down.
Best luck!

PepperKitty

I've had several ports. The tube going over the collarbone is pretty normal. It should be a lot more comfortable after the sutures are removed & the swelling goes down.
Best luck!

PepperKitty

Best luck!

PepperKitty

Best luck!

PepperKitty

Best luck!