New to CF-need advice!

jenstem

Hi there,
I am new to this site. Our son is one week old and has been diagnosed with CF. He was admitted to the NICU when he was 2 days old with MI. He then had a rupture and had surgery. He is now starting to eat again yesterday, but still no stool. The nurses and doctors don't seem concerned, but I am scared to death that there is still somthing wrong. He has not started on enzymes, but will as his feeding amount increases. Has anyone else been through something like this?

jenstem

Hi there,
I am new to this site. Our son is one week old and has been diagnosed with CF. He was admitted to the NICU when he was 2 days old with MI. He then had a rupture and had surgery. He is now starting to eat again yesterday, but still no stool. The nurses and doctors don't seem concerned, but I am scared to death that there is still somthing wrong. He has not started on enzymes, but will as his feeding amount increases. Has anyone else been through something like this?

jenstem

Hi there,

jenstem

Hi there,

jenstem

Hi there,
<br />I am new to this site. Our son is one week old and has been diagnosed with CF. He was admitted to the NICU when he was 2 days old with MI. He then had a rupture and had surgery. He is now starting to eat again yesterday, but still no stool. The nurses and doctors don't seem concerned, but I am scared to death that there is still somthing wrong. He has not started on enzymes, but will as his feeding amount increases. Has anyone else been through something like this?

M

Mommafirst

I havent' been thorugh this, so I'm not really sure what to suggest. But I do want to wish you well -- I know how hard the early days in a CF diagnosis can rip at your heart.

(((HUGS))) It will get easier.

M

Mommafirst

I havent' been thorugh this, so I'm not really sure what to suggest. But I do want to wish you well -- I know how hard the early days in a CF diagnosis can rip at your heart.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />(((HUGS))) It will get easier.

jenstem

Thank you Heather. It has been rough. I think more to have my newborn in the hospital instead of at home, recovering from surgery and not knowing what will happen next or when he will be able to go home. I feel fortinate that there is a great CF clinic in our town and the staff have been by to meet us. They all seem really positive and supportive.

It is just so scary to not know!!!

Jenny

jenstem

Thank you Heather. It has been rough. I think more to have my newborn in the hospital instead of at home, recovering from surgery and not knowing what will happen next or when he will be able to go home. I feel fortinate that there is a great CF clinic in our town and the staff have been by to meet us. They all seem really positive and supportive.

Jenny

jenstem

Jenny

jenstem

Jenny

jenstem

<br />
<br />It is just so scary to not know!!!
<br />
<br />Jenny

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

My granddaughter, Graycie now 11mo's old, was born with a blocked bowel and had surgery right after her birth. She had quite a bit of bowel removed and now has a short gut. She was in the NICU for 6mo's and had to get a g-tube but is doing well now. I know it is scary but there is light at the end of the tunnel. What you are discribing is normal, we also worried about bowel movements and feed intake but they usually will not push alot of feeds in with bowel surgery to give it a chance to heal.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

My granddaughter, Graycie now 11mo's old, was born with a blocked bowel and had surgery right after her birth. She had quite a bit of bowel removed and now has a short gut. She was in the NICU for 6mo's and had to get a g-tube but is doing well now. I know it is scary but there is light at the end of the tunnel. What you are discribing is normal, we also worried about bowel movements and feed intake but they usually will not push alot of feeds in with bowel surgery to give it a chance to heal.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting