NEW VEST VS. OLD VEST..

anonymous

A friend of mine takes her daughter to Dr. Milla and they just got the new vest. Didn't sound like they had any problems with insurance issues. I think they have BCBS of ND

anonymous

A friend of mine takes her daughter to Dr. Milla and they just got the new vest. Didn't sound like they had any problems with insurance issues. I think they have BCBS of ND

anonymous

Just saw there's another new vest from minnesota on the market that'll be available in April

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060215005228&newsLang=en">http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060215005228&newsLang=en</a>

anonymous

Just saw there's another new vest from minnesota on the market that'll be available in April

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060215005228&newsLang=en">http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060215005228&newsLang=en</a>

anonymous

I looked at the different websites for vest companies and the Respirtech looked huge! Do they make a more portable model? I know with respirtech, it automatically changes the frequencies, so you don't have to manually set it up. The Smartvest looks interesting -- portable, comes with a wheeled case, plus it looks like the vest itself is smaller -- doesn't cover the stomach area -- DS's stomach is kinda sensitive.

anonymous

I looked at the different websites for vest companies and the Respirtech looked huge! Do they make a more portable model? I know with respirtech, it automatically changes the frequencies, so you don't have to manually set it up. The Smartvest looks interesting -- portable, comes with a wheeled case, plus it looks like the vest itself is smaller -- doesn't cover the stomach area -- DS's stomach is kinda sensitive.

S

skh

That's what we have, BCBS of ND. Keep your fingers crossed - I am so hoping Abby will be able to get this new model.

Sue

S

skh

That's what we have, BCBS of ND. Keep your fingers crossed - I am so hoping Abby will be able to get this new model.

Sue

Vampy

thelizardqueen

Monday February 13, 2006 11:52 PM

We don't have vests in Canada. Wish we did though.

-------------------------
AWW i wanna do something about that..i dunno what but ill think of something maybe raise some money and then get one and like mail it to you or something..thats horrible u guys should have a vest...maybe somehow my family can help me raise a money and we make this into a big thing.....i will have to think about how i can do this...

Vampy

thelizardqueen

Monday February 13, 2006 11:52 PM

We don't have vests in Canada. Wish we did though.

-------------------------
AWW i wanna do something about that..i dunno what but ill think of something maybe raise some money and then get one and like mail it to you or something..thats horrible u guys should have a vest...maybe somehow my family can help me raise a money and we make this into a big thing.....i will have to think about how i can do this...

anonymous

The electromed/smartvest website shows that it's FDA approved in Canada and I've spoken to a woman from Ontario with two small daughters who both have CF -- ages 2 & 4 and both of them have the vest.

anonymous

The electromed/smartvest website shows that it's FDA approved in Canada and I've spoken to a woman from Ontario with two small daughters who both have CF -- ages 2 & 4 and both of them have the vest.

CowTown

I have the new, small, quite portable vest and it's so nice. The old HUGE one was obnoxious and the long vest actually hurt my back while I was using it. Signing up for the new one gave me the option to have a 'short' vest that covers only my rib cage which is nice, and not my whole torso. I have the machine tucked under a table in the living room and pull it out when we're watching tv. It's much nicer and more comfortable for me than the old one.

What other PT options does everyone use?

CowTown

I have the new, small, quite portable vest and it's so nice. The old HUGE one was obnoxious and the long vest actually hurt my back while I was using it. Signing up for the new one gave me the option to have a 'short' vest that covers only my rib cage which is nice, and not my whole torso. I have the machine tucked under a table in the living room and pull it out when we're watching tv. It's much nicer and more comfortable for me than the old one.

What other PT options does everyone use?

thelizardqueen

I've never heard of the vest in Canada. If it is available, it must be a new thing or not readibly available to the adult patients? I haven't found any info on the vest in Canada yet.

thelizardqueen

I've never heard of the vest in Canada. If it is available, it must be a new thing or not readibly available to the adult patients? I haven't found any info on the vest in Canada yet.

wwarwick

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Alyssa</b></i>

We just tried the medpulse brand for 30 days, then had the Hill-Rom (The Vest) guy come out and bring his new model 103 had it about a week -- I had no idea there was a 3rd company -- Respirtech --

So now I want to know what we are missing? Should we try out the Respirtech before purchasing the Vest by Hill Rom?

The tubes coming off has happened a couple of times, but the the portability and carrying case is better with the Vest over the medpulse.

Has anyone used both the Vest and Respirtech and could say which is better and why? Also how much does the new Respirtech unit weigh?</end quote></div>

wwarwick

We just tried the medpulse brand for 30 days, then had the Hill-Rom (The Vest) guy come out and bring his new model 103 had it about a week -- I had no idea there was a 3rd company -- Respirtech --

So now I want to know what we are missing? Should we try out the Respirtech before purchasing the Vest by Hill Rom?

The tubes coming off has happened a couple of times, but the the portability and carrying case is better with the Vest over the medpulse.

Has anyone used both the Vest and Respirtech and could say which is better and why? Also how much does the new Respirtech unit weigh?</end quote></div>

wwarwick