night sweats

katyf13

Mike has had night sweats this winter too. Also had to change a couple of times a night. He decided it was probably a sugar thing. HAve you tried eating when it happens? He hasn't had them in a while now.

farbeyond1

If you keep getting those sweats for several days in a row, be sure to see your doctor. Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is something that remains dormant in most people, some do have reactions to it though. I had a reaction several years ago that ended up causing me to have not only night sweats, but sweats throughout the whole day. You should take your temperature periodically to see if you're running high. I was running fevers constantly, which ended up causing more damage to my lungs. My doctor admitted me for 3 weeks and had me do many tests until they finally came to the conclusion that it was CMV. When we (Cfer's) catch bugs from our companions, we need to be extra cautious since things have a tendancy to attack us more than those without CF.

I'm really grateful for the mild, relatively sick-free winter we're having here in RI!!!!

farbeyond1

If you keep getting those sweats for several days in a row, be sure to see your doctor. Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is something that remains dormant in most people, some do have reactions to it though. I had a reaction several years ago that ended up causing me to have not only night sweats, but sweats throughout the whole day. You should take your temperature periodically to see if you're running high. I was running fevers constantly, which ended up causing more damage to my lungs. My doctor admitted me for 3 weeks and had me do many tests until they finally came to the conclusion that it was CMV. When we (Cfer's) catch bugs from our companions, we need to be extra cautious since things have a tendancy to attack us more than those without CF.

I'm really grateful for the mild, relatively sick-free winter we're having here in RI!!!!

farbeyond1