Non Mucoid Pseudomonas

rosesixtyfive

What is nonmucoid pseudomonas? What is the difference between nonmucoid and mucoid? Is one less threatening than the other?

rosesixtyfive

What is nonmucoid pseudomonas? What is the difference between nonmucoid and mucoid? Is one less threatening than the other?

rosesixtyfive

rosesixtyfive

rosesixtyfive

tesorotiffa

The way I understand it is that mucoid pseudomonas is where the bacteria actually forms a film over itself making it even harder to penetrate with meds. Nonmucoid is considered less threatening as far as that goes. I've only had this explained a little to me, so I can't say I'm super accurate! LOL

tesorotiffa

The way I understand it is that mucoid pseudomonas is where the bacteria actually forms a film over itself making it even harder to penetrate with meds. Nonmucoid is considered less threatening as far as that goes. I've only had this explained a little to me, so I can't say I'm super accurate! LOL

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

lilly71009

my 4 month old cultered positive for non-mucoid pseudomonas last month. we were told if it were mucoid that she would have to have a hospital stay with iv antibiotics, but beings that it was non-mucoid, we could treat her for it at home. we treated her with cipro by mouth and tobi by nebulizer. based on that, i would say that non-mucoid is less threatening.

lilly71009

my 4 month old cultered positive for non-mucoid pseudomonas last month. we were told if it were mucoid that she would have to have a hospital stay with iv antibiotics, but beings that it was non-mucoid, we could treat her for it at home. we treated her with cipro by mouth and tobi by nebulizer. based on that, i would say that non-mucoid is less threatening.

lilly71009

lilly71009

lilly71009