OBE or out-of body experience?

F

fr3ak

I know this is an out there question but

Has anyone ever had an OBE? if so how many times? under what circumstances?

What was your experience?

If you are comfortable would you mind sharing your story

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

wanderlost

I haven't really had an OBE, but, I do have sleep paralysis, which, if you do a little google research can be related to OBEs. I am not going to go into depth about SP now, but it's basically when your body is still asleep but your brain is awake. It can be very very frightening, For me, my SPs are characterized in the beginning with a vibration in my head - as are many OBEs. BEfore I knew it was SP, I used to refer to it as the "nitrous dreams" (for those who don't know what I mean, leave it alone!). Anyway a few times I have been able to turn my Sp episode into a lucid dream, which would then be as close to an OBE as I have come. Everytime I have had a lucid dream, for some reason I try to fly, and everytime I fail, skid acorss the ground, and wake myself up.

wanderlost

I haven't really had an OBE, but, I do have sleep paralysis, which, if you do a little google research can be related to OBEs. I am not going to go into depth about SP now, but it's basically when your body is still asleep but your brain is awake. It can be very very frightening, For me, my SPs are characterized in the beginning with a vibration in my head - as are many OBEs. BEfore I knew it was SP, I used to refer to it as the "nitrous dreams" (for those who don't know what I mean, leave it alone!). Anyway a few times I have been able to turn my Sp episode into a lucid dream, which would then be as close to an OBE as I have come. Everytime I have had a lucid dream, for some reason I try to fly, and everytime I fail, skid acorss the ground, and wake myself up.

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

F

fr3ak

Hi Wanderlost, thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure if to post the question or not, been googling all night and nothing is coming up even remotely close to what my experiences are like...

here is what happened last night:

went to bed fine no problems. Pete got home around 11:30 cuddled for a while and then attempted to go back to sleep. Pete started snoring so I went to my own room.....Didn't wanna keep him awake by poking him all night or by me being kept awake...

Was not in my own bed for more then 10 minutes when I felt a pressure on the bed beside me (I was laying on my right side facing the wardrobe. I thought wrinkles had gotten on the bed but when I went to turn over to see if it was him I felt a pressure and then the rush, almost like when the plug has been pulled from a full tub of water a rush down.... Heart was beating fast as I plummeted down. I panicked which I usually don't do. And I started calling out for pete, screaming his name, when he didn't come to me I started yelling out for help over and over and over again, and then banging on the wall trying to attract his attention or the dogs attention. (obviously because I am not in my body any more)

I was hysterical trying to get him to come to me, but he didn't.

I am fully aware of my surroundings, and I am fully aware that I am NOT asleep but my body is completely paralysed and cant move. Any attempt to move my body is fruitless.

Eventually the rushing stops and I wiggle my foot and I realise I am back in my body my heart still racing I am confused as to what just happened... am I leaving my body? Am I awake? How could I be aware of my surroundings if I am not awake?

I am pretty sure my eyes are open, but cannot be sure.... Pretty sure I was banging on the wall with my right fist kneeling on the bed but when I was able to move I am still lying on my side...(again if I am not in my body it won't have moved)

This has happened on roughly 4-5 separate occasions and each time I was aware of everything that was happening but unable to move or stop it... the rushing downward is the most evident feeling. I have not visualised anything but I have still been able to hear things that are going on like the dogs moving on their mats or pete breathing or shifting in bed either beside me or in the other room, this time I knew pete was in the other room and I was in my room with my dogs....

In all other instances I have not been afraid, but I have not felt the floating peace sensation that I have read most OBE people have spoke of.... each time its been the furious rush down..... first time I thought it was a fluke, 2nd time I knew what was happened and wasnt as freaked out....

Suppose Im just trying to figure out what it is, what it means. Is it a subliminal message, is it my donor, is it a warning....

I am keeping a log so I have an idea of how often it's happening? and hopefully I will take more notice of the time so I can see how long I am gone...

anyway, anyone else I would appreciate your input

F

fr3ak

Hi Wanderlost, thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure if to post the question or not, been googling all night and nothing is coming up even remotely close to what my experiences are like...

went to bed fine no problems. Pete got home around 11:30 cuddled for a while and then attempted to go back to sleep. Pete started snoring so I went to my own room.....Didn't wanna keep him awake by poking him all night or by me being kept awake...

Was not in my own bed for more then 10 minutes when I felt a pressure on the bed beside me (I was laying on my right side facing the wardrobe. I thought wrinkles had gotten on the bed but when I went to turn over to see if it was him I felt a pressure and then the rush, almost like when the plug has been pulled from a full tub of water a rush down.... Heart was beating fast as I plummeted down. I panicked which I usually don't do. And I started calling out for pete, screaming his name, when he didn't come to me I started yelling out for help over and over and over again, and then banging on the wall trying to attract his attention or the dogs attention. (obviously because I am not in my body any more)

I am fully aware of my surroundings, and I am fully aware that I am NOT asleep but my body is completely paralysed and cant move. Any attempt to move my body is fruitless.

Eventually the rushing stops and I wiggle my foot and I realise I am back in my body my heart still racing I am confused as to what just happened... am I leaving my body? Am I awake? How could I be aware of my surroundings if I am not awake?

I am pretty sure my eyes are open, but cannot be sure.... Pretty sure I was banging on the wall with my right fist kneeling on the bed but when I was able to move I am still lying on my side...(again if I am not in my body it won't have moved)

This has happened on roughly 4-5 separate occasions and each time I was aware of everything that was happening but unable to move or stop it... the rushing downward is the most evident feeling. I have not visualised anything but I have still been able to hear things that are going on like the dogs moving on their mats or pete breathing or shifting in bed either beside me or in the other room, this time I knew pete was in the other room and I was in my room with my dogs....

In all other instances I have not been afraid, but I have not felt the floating peace sensation that I have read most OBE people have spoke of.... each time its been the furious rush down..... first time I thought it was a fluke, 2nd time I knew what was happened and wasnt as freaked out....

Suppose Im just trying to figure out what it is, what it means. Is it a subliminal message, is it my donor, is it a warning....

I am keeping a log so I have an idea of how often it's happening? and hopefully I will take more notice of the time so I can see how long I am gone...

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

JazzysMom

I had similiar, buy not exact things, Fr3ak when I was with my first husband. I thought it was one of my Grand Mal Seizures since I am an Epileptic. All my seizures taken place while I am sleeping (usually around the same time that I have been asleep), but I dont know anything happened until I awake AFTER the seizure is over.

This one time was quite different. As a matter of fact when I "snapped out of it" (for lack of better words) I questioned if I had a seizure, a dream or what, but it scared the hell out of me. I chalked it up to seizure because physically I felt the same after a seizure. I was drained, sore muscles from the rigidness of my body, headache. The only difference was that my throat was extremely sore & I was hoarse. My first husband said I was screaming like hell. What I really remember is that I couldnt move.....I was paralyzed and my mind was yelling MOVE, MOVE but I just couldnt.

To date I have never had another unless you count sugar crashes (LOL) so I still dont know what it was, but I will still lean toward a seizure. If I didnt have an epileptic history then maybe I would think OBE!

JazzysMom

I had similiar, buy not exact things, Fr3ak when I was with my first husband. I thought it was one of my Grand Mal Seizures since I am an Epileptic. All my seizures taken place while I am sleeping (usually around the same time that I have been asleep), but I dont know anything happened until I awake AFTER the seizure is over.

This one time was quite different. As a matter of fact when I "snapped out of it" (for lack of better words) I questioned if I had a seizure, a dream or what, but it scared the hell out of me. I chalked it up to seizure because physically I felt the same after a seizure. I was drained, sore muscles from the rigidness of my body, headache. The only difference was that my throat was extremely sore & I was hoarse. My first husband said I was screaming like hell. What I really remember is that I couldnt move.....I was paralyzed and my mind was yelling MOVE, MOVE but I just couldnt.

To date I have never had another unless you count sugar crashes (LOL) so I still dont know what it was, but I will still lean toward a seizure. If I didnt have an epileptic history then maybe I would think OBE!