Obstructed Bowel/Intestines & Prenatal Diagnosis

Dori

Hello,

My doctor is sending me to a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor for monitoring until I have my baby (who will be born with CF), so he can tell if there will be bowel or instestinal obstructions. He stated surgery would have to be done immediately after birth if this was the case, and that they wanted to monitor the baby closely to make sure he does not have either one of these problems.

Has anyone else been monitored or had problems prenatally?

Dori - carrier of DF508/mom to Brandon, 14 months - Gene carrier/mom to unborn baby Brett, will be born w/CF

Dori

Hello,

My doctor is sending me to a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor for monitoring until I have my baby (who will be born with CF), so he can tell if there will be bowel or instestinal obstructions. He stated surgery would have to be done immediately after birth if this was the case, and that they wanted to monitor the baby closely to make sure he does not have either one of these problems.

Dori - carrier of DF508/mom to Brandon, 14 months - Gene carrier/mom to unborn baby Brett, will be born w/CF

Dori

Hello,

Dori

Hello,

Dori

Hello,
<br />
<br />My doctor is sending me to a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor for monitoring until I have my baby (who will be born with CF), so he can tell if there will be bowel or instestinal obstructions. He stated surgery would have to be done immediately after birth if this was the case, and that they wanted to monitor the baby closely to make sure he does not have either one of these problems.
<br />
<br />Has anyone else been monitored or had problems prenatally?
<br />
<br />Dori - carrier of DF508/mom to Brandon, 14 months - Gene carrier/mom to unborn baby Brett, will be born w/CF

JazzysMom

You might want to also post this in the Newly Diagnosed or Family Sections. We have many Moms of CFers who can share their stories to help you.

JazzysMom

You might want to also post this in the Newly Diagnosed or Family Sections. We have many Moms of CFers who can share their stories to help you.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

becca23

Yes, I have heard og them looking for obstructions in ultrasound. When I was pregnant with both of my girls, everytime I had an ultrasound the maternal fetal medicine docotr would look for blockages. My husband did test negative for the cf gene but that was 10 years ago(a alot of mutations where not identified yet)and when I had Hanna, we did not want to pay for the testing again. So they just kept watching their bowel and said that is a big sign of CF,pre-delivery, in known diagnosed babies.

becca23

Yes, I have heard og them looking for obstructions in ultrasound. When I was pregnant with both of my girls, everytime I had an ultrasound the maternal fetal medicine docotr would look for blockages. My husband did test negative for the cf gene but that was 10 years ago(a alot of mutations where not identified yet)and when I had Hanna, we did not want to pay for the testing again. So they just kept watching their bowel and said that is a big sign of CF,pre-delivery, in known diagnosed babies.

becca23

becca23

becca23

H

hopesiris

I was monitored while pregnant with Amelia. They did a sonogram during my 8th month and said everything looked fine. Amelia was only at risk for atypical CF which doesn't usually result in bowel problems, but I do remember them saying that with typical CF, even if they do sonograms it doesn't always show so they just have to be ready to deal with any issues at the birth (which they always are anyway).

H

hopesiris

I was monitored while pregnant with Amelia. They did a sonogram during my 8th month and said everything looked fine. Amelia was only at risk for atypical CF which doesn't usually result in bowel problems, but I do remember them saying that with typical CF, even if they do sonograms it doesn't always show so they just have to be ready to deal with any issues at the birth (which they always are anyway).

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris