Odd bowel movements in 6 mos old w cf

AnD

This is only from a non cf perspective, but I had the same question for my non cf daughter's pediatrician, and he (laughed and) said that yes, sometimes it looks like you have a diaper full of snot! and not to worry about it. It cleared up just fine, and went away all together with babyhood. I hadn't thought about maybe it being related to teething- that's a thought...

AnD

This is only from a non cf perspective, but I had the same question for my non cf daughter's pediatrician, and he (laughed and) said that yes, sometimes it looks like you have a diaper full of snot! and not to worry about it. It cleared up just fine, and went away all together with babyhood. I hadn't thought about maybe it being related to teething- that's a thought...

AnD

AnD

AnD

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to recall when we had some constipation issues, that sometimes DS would stool and it would come out, almost encased in mucus. Sorry if TMI, but it would resemble a bratwurst casing -- poo surrounded with stringy stuff.

Sometimes it'd be after we gave him some milk of mag to get things moving again. Hasn't really happened since he's been off formula.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to recall when we had some constipation issues, that sometimes DS would stool and it would come out, almost encased in mucus. Sorry if TMI, but it would resemble a bratwurst casing -- poo surrounded with stringy stuff.

Sometimes it'd be after we gave him some milk of mag to get things moving again. Hasn't really happened since he's been off formula.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

wiltonnh

Thanks for your information. Your experience sounds similar. I had taken a picture when movements were really horrific so I have it saved to computer. I will definitely take to cf clinic and ask for GI input-currently we do not have a GI doctor.

It is interesting that your doctor mentioned a liver issue. My son was also dx with a very rare diaphragm defect-evantration of the diaphragm. It means essentially a floppy diaphragm that has no muscle strength or function and it slowly shifted on top of his right lung and also elevated the liver. It went undiagnosed until he was two months old. I wonder if that implicates the poop. He had it fixed and is healing great and breathing so much better. But poop remains same.

wiltonnh

Thanks for your information. Your experience sounds similar. I had taken a picture when movements were really horrific so I have it saved to computer. I will definitely take to cf clinic and ask for GI input-currently we do not have a GI doctor.

It is interesting that your doctor mentioned a liver issue. My son was also dx with a very rare diaphragm defect-evantration of the diaphragm. It means essentially a floppy diaphragm that has no muscle strength or function and it slowly shifted on top of his right lung and also elevated the liver. It went undiagnosed until he was two months old. I wonder if that implicates the poop. He had it fixed and is healing great and breathing so much better. But poop remains same.

wiltonnh

wiltonnh

wiltonnh