Ok Teens, I need your help

S

sasha

I was also diagnosed at 15, back in december last year. I can totally understand what she feels right now, I think...because i'm a girl that deals with those issues too. it really sucks to be a teenager, first starting highschool, and trying to balance social life with school work and treatments. you're just sort of thrust right into cf life right in the middle of a huge transition in your normal life, so you didnt have time to get used to it and gradually move into highschool with managing cf...which is why its so hard! When i came back home from the hospital I got into a routine, but it was pretty hard. i hate going to a friends house and having to stop talking to do my nebs, and explain to their parents what my pills are for, but I do it anyway. i also don't like talking to my parents about my cf, i most likely will tell them that nothing is wrong, because i just don't wanna talk to parents about stuff like that. so that's probably normal, and it actually is easier to deal with it with your friends, i think. also, she has siblings, so that might make it easier. someone to talk to, i know that's the case with my brother and i. uhm, maybe you could take her somewhere, just you and her, to the mall or something for a day of shopping? i don't know, when i'm upset about dealing with this, sometimes my mom just does little things that make me feel better and i don't have to talk to her about it. i think your daughter will feel better, its just that its hard at first. i'm in like the exact same situation so i hope my input helps a little, as to why she maybe feels like that. good luck

S

sasha

I was also diagnosed at 15, back in december last year. I can totally understand what she feels right now, I think...because i'm a girl that deals with those issues too. it really sucks to be a teenager, first starting highschool, and trying to balance social life with school work and treatments. you're just sort of thrust right into cf life right in the middle of a huge transition in your normal life, so you didnt have time to get used to it and gradually move into highschool with managing cf...which is why its so hard! When i came back home from the hospital I got into a routine, but it was pretty hard. i hate going to a friends house and having to stop talking to do my nebs, and explain to their parents what my pills are for, but I do it anyway. i also don't like talking to my parents about my cf, i most likely will tell them that nothing is wrong, because i just don't wanna talk to parents about stuff like that. so that's probably normal, and it actually is easier to deal with it with your friends, i think. also, she has siblings, so that might make it easier. someone to talk to, i know that's the case with my brother and i. uhm, maybe you could take her somewhere, just you and her, to the mall or something for a day of shopping? i don't know, when i'm upset about dealing with this, sometimes my mom just does little things that make me feel better and i don't have to talk to her about it. i think your daughter will feel better, its just that its hard at first. i'm in like the exact same situation so i hope my input helps a little, as to why she maybe feels like that. good luck

S

sasha

S

sasha

S

sasha

M

meggzzie

I don't know what its like to be diagnosed at 15 as They knew I had it from 3 months, but I was only introduced to treatments like physio, IVs and nebs at 6-7 which is a total age gap away from your daughter, but I can honestly say that I understand her feeling not wanting to be compliant with her meds. Sometimes there just doesn't seem any point, or that they do no good, but other times you totally feel the difference.

I'll echo jaimers and say that these CF sites help in a way that others who don't have CF may not be able to fully understand, so yeah these sites are quite good for someone with CF, and their family to explore.

If you want to contact me just drop me a PM, for yourself or your daughter (I talk to other people with CF usually through blogs or MSN) Hopfully your daughter will feel better soon, but yeah, I agree that the guys don't help when you're trying to figure out CF!

M

meggzzie

I don't know what its like to be diagnosed at 15 as They knew I had it from 3 months, but I was only introduced to treatments like physio, IVs and nebs at 6-7 which is a total age gap away from your daughter, but I can honestly say that I understand her feeling not wanting to be compliant with her meds. Sometimes there just doesn't seem any point, or that they do no good, but other times you totally feel the difference.

I'll echo jaimers and say that these CF sites help in a way that others who don't have CF may not be able to fully understand, so yeah these sites are quite good for someone with CF, and their family to explore.

If you want to contact me just drop me a PM, for yourself or your daughter (I talk to other people with CF usually through blogs or MSN) Hopfully your daughter will feel better soon, but yeah, I agree that the guys don't help when you're trying to figure out CF!

M

meggzzie

M

meggzzie

M

meggzzie

<br />
<br />I'll echo jaimers and say that these CF sites help in a way that others who don't have CF may not be able to fully understand, so yeah these sites are quite good for someone with CF, and their family to explore.
<br />
<br />If you want to contact me just drop me a PM, for yourself or your daughter (I talk to other people with CF usually through blogs or MSN) Hopfully your daughter will feel better soon, but yeah, I agree that the guys don't help when you're trying to figure out CF!

applegirl

I was diagnosed around the age of 12-13 and I also know how she feels. I'm a junior in high school and I still haven't went out on a date. I think it's easy to blame the CF instead of blaming guys. It's hard dealing with any relationship when your a teenager but when your a teenager with CF it makes it harder. Also I don't think other teenagers truly know how difficult it is to have CF and how easily you can get sick. Most teenagers can get up and go, and they don't have to do treatments and take pills.
If she wants she can facebook me:
Malora Rogers 16 w/CF

applegirl

I was diagnosed around the age of 12-13 and I also know how she feels. I'm a junior in high school and I still haven't went out on a date. I think it's easy to blame the CF instead of blaming guys. It's hard dealing with any relationship when your a teenager but when your a teenager with CF it makes it harder. Also I don't think other teenagers truly know how difficult it is to have CF and how easily you can get sick. Most teenagers can get up and go, and they don't have to do treatments and take pills.
Malora Rogers 16 w/CF

applegirl

Malora Rogers 16 w/CF

applegirl

Malora Rogers 16 w/CF

applegirl

<br />If she wants she can facebook me:
<br />Malora Rogers 16 w/CF

Lance2020x

She is absolutely gorgeous! What a proud mommy you must be!

I, too, was diagnosed at birth, but it wasn't until I was 15 that I grasped the realities of CF. I can't imagine what it would be like to get the whole package at 15!

That is SO idiotic about the boy... Highschoolers can be positively horrid.

Other than her siblings, does she know any CFers she can talk on level with? Someone who is older and has been through that, and has a positive outlook on life (maybe Jaimers or Melissa [JazzysMom])? If you were to tell her you knew CFers who 'survived' highschool, would she be interested in communicating with some women from the boards?

Lance2020x

I, too, was diagnosed at birth, but it wasn't until I was 15 that I grasped the realities of CF. I can't imagine what it would be like to get the whole package at 15!

Other than her siblings, does she know any CFers she can talk on level with? Someone who is older and has been through that, and has a positive outlook on life (maybe Jaimers or Melissa [JazzysMom])? If you were to tell her you knew CFers who 'survived' highschool, would she be interested in communicating with some women from the boards?

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

<br />
<br />I, too, was diagnosed at birth, but it wasn't until I was 15 that I grasped the realities of CF. I can't imagine what it would be like to get the whole package at 15!
<br />
<br />That is SO idiotic about the boy... Highschoolers can be positively horrid.
<br />
<br />Other than her siblings, does she know any CFers she can talk on level with? Someone who is older and has been through that, and has a positive outlook on life (maybe Jaimers or Melissa [JazzysMom])? If you were to tell her you knew CFers who 'survived' highschool, would she be interested in communicating with some women from the boards?