ok to take enzymes with milk?

kitomd21

The enzyme beads within the capsule don't actually "open" or release the enzymes until they reach the duodenum. The pH in the duodenum causes the beads to open. If the enzymes were released sooner, the stomach would render them ineffective. Hence, they tell you not to crush them. They are fine to take with any food...

kitomd21

The enzyme beads within the capsule don't actually "open" or release the enzymes until they reach the duodenum. The pH in the duodenum causes the beads to open. If the enzymes were released sooner, the stomach would render them ineffective. Hence, they tell you not to crush them. They are fine to take with any food...

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

lightNlife

Enzymes are coated in a special way so that they are absorbed by your gut, which is an acidic environment. Different beverages may affect how the outer capsule dissolves, but the special coating on the little beads themselves ensure that they are absorbed at the right time.

That being said, you should avoid taking your enzymes with things that are very acidic such as sodas, grapefruit juice or orange juice or even some alcoholic beverages.

You must take enzymes with anything that contains fat, so you need enzymes with a glass of milk.

lightNlife

Enzymes are coated in a special way so that they are absorbed by your gut, which is an acidic environment. Different beverages may affect how the outer capsule dissolves, but the special coating on the little beads themselves ensure that they are absorbed at the right time.

That being said, you should avoid taking your enzymes with things that are very acidic such as sodas, grapefruit juice or orange juice or even some alcoholic beverages.

You must take enzymes with anything that contains fat, so you need enzymes with a glass of milk.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />That being said, you should avoid taking your enzymes with things that are very acidic such as sodas, grapefruit juice or orange juice or even some alcoholic beverages.
<br />
<br />You must take enzymes with anything that contains fat, so you need enzymes with a glass of milk.

gr33nie

That is a good question.

I know that for kids who open the capsules and empty the beads into something to be swallowed we are told not to use dairy products. I was told that the dairy will start breaking down the enzymes before they get where they need to go. So, we were told that applesauce was good and yogurt was bad.

For adults who swallow the whole pill I'm not sure because it still has the outer capsule on it. Plus if you swallowed it with water and then drank a glass of milk I'm not sure what the difference would be.

I have heard that taking the enzymes 15 minutes before eating can help with absorption. So in that case I would say to take them with water and then have the milk a little later.

These are all things I've just heard from my son's doctors and I don't have any sources etc.

gr33nie

That is a good question.

I know that for kids who open the capsules and empty the beads into something to be swallowed we are told not to use dairy products. I was told that the dairy will start breaking down the enzymes before they get where they need to go. So, we were told that applesauce was good and yogurt was bad.

For adults who swallow the whole pill I'm not sure because it still has the outer capsule on it. Plus if you swallowed it with water and then drank a glass of milk I'm not sure what the difference would be.

I have heard that taking the enzymes 15 minutes before eating can help with absorption. So in that case I would say to take them with water and then have the milk a little later.

These are all things I've just heard from my son's doctors and I don't have any sources etc.

gr33nie

That is a good question.

gr33nie

That is a good question.

gr33nie

That is a good question.