On IV's anf PFT has decreased

Irishgal

Hey everyone! I need some help. 3 weeks ago my FEV1 was 67% down from 80%. I got admitted & after 3 days I was up to 76%. So I went home with my PICC & about 5 days later got a HORRIBLE cold/viral/sinus infection. I got readmitted & FEV 1 was 74% and 72%. So, got discharged AGAIN & went home with my PICC to do one more week of antiiotics, for a total of 3 weeks.
SO, today I went to do a PFT as it is the 3 week mark. My FEV1 was back to where it was 3 weeks ago-68%.
WHAT is going on? The cold ended about 10 days ago?
I am so scared & don't know what to think. Has this happened to anyone? What else can be done. I'm on everyting-Hypertonic, advair, albuterol, zithromax, etc.-the whole 9 yards. Weird thing is I'm still exercising like I usually do. Help!!

Irishgal

Hey everyone! I need some help. 3 weeks ago my FEV1 was 67% down from 80%. I got admitted & after 3 days I was up to 76%. So I went home with my PICC & about 5 days later got a HORRIBLE cold/viral/sinus infection. I got readmitted & FEV 1 was 74% and 72%. So, got discharged AGAIN & went home with my PICC to do one more week of antiiotics, for a total of 3 weeks.
SO, today I went to do a PFT as it is the 3 week mark. My FEV1 was back to where it was 3 weeks ago-68%.
I am so scared & don't know what to think. Has this happened to anyone? What else can be done. I'm on everyting-Hypertonic, advair, albuterol, zithromax, etc.-the whole 9 yards. Weird thing is I'm still exercising like I usually do. Help!!

Irishgal

Irishgal

Irishgal

boxer13

Hello,

this happened to me a few years ago. I went in the hospital with pnemonia and started IV's was getting better then my Dr. started me on Tobi- my PFTs went down hill quick (about 10 points). It was really scary. I stopped and they stabilized but it took me a few months to recover.
Is there any medincine that is new to you? I would look at that and see if maybe you can try something else in place of-

That is my only experience with PFT's dropping quickly.

Hope you feel better soon!

boxer13

Hello,

this happened to me a few years ago. I went in the hospital with pnemonia and started IV's was getting better then my Dr. started me on Tobi- my PFTs went down hill quick (about 10 points). It was really scary. I stopped and they stabilized but it took me a few months to recover.
Is there any medincine that is new to you? I would look at that and see if maybe you can try something else in place of-

boxer13

Hello,

boxer13

Hello,

boxer13

Hello,

JazzysMom

Your body is going thru a lot. For me consistancy when I do my pfts is important. I try to keep my appt times around the same time every time.

I also try to ensure that I eat/drink/do treatments properly since so much of the pft is effort dependant.

I can also say that I truly dont get an accurate idea of how well I am actually doing until weeks after my iv's are done.

I think the meds themselves take a toll as well as help us that you can only use it as a tool & not get too wrapped up in it.

If you caught a virus in the middle of all this that complicates it more.

IMHO just keep doing your best with treatments etc & keep an eye on things to make sure you dont keep going down, but dont worry immediately if you dont bounce up immediately.

HUGS

JazzysMom

Your body is going thru a lot. For me consistancy when I do my pfts is important. I try to keep my appt times around the same time every time.

I also try to ensure that I eat/drink/do treatments properly since so much of the pft is effort dependant.

I can also say that I truly dont get an accurate idea of how well I am actually doing until weeks after my iv's are done.

I think the meds themselves take a toll as well as help us that you can only use it as a tool & not get too wrapped up in it.

IMHO just keep doing your best with treatments etc & keep an eye on things to make sure you dont keep going down, but dont worry immediately if you dont bounce up immediately.

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS