On IV's anf PFT has decreased

Irishgal

In response to miesl, I have always been on 7% HS.
Thanks all for responding. I'd love to hear form more of you if you have had this happen.
For those of you who remember, I am supposed to leave tomorrow for California. I planned an entire girls weekend for my best friend who is getting married. I can't belive it, but I won't be going anymore-not after the results today. The next step is to try prednisone. It never worked for me in the past & just screwed with my blood sugars. LOVELY! LOL
Times like this, I just hate CF! I feel so bad not going on the trip, but I guess it's out of my control....

Irishgal

Thanks all for responding. I'd love to hear form more of you if you have had this happen.
For those of you who remember, I am supposed to leave tomorrow for California. I planned an entire girls weekend for my best friend who is getting married. I can't belive it, but I won't be going anymore-not after the results today. The next step is to try prednisone. It never worked for me in the past & just screwed with my blood sugars. LOVELY! LOL
Times like this, I just hate CF! I feel so bad not going on the trip, but I guess it's out of my control....

Irishgal

Irishgal

Irishgal

coltsfan715

It may depend on the weather in your area. I typically have/had a harder time when the weather would change alot - if it were overly humid to dry or hot to rainy and cold or something like that.

Also going to throw this out there as I know I myself am guilty of this. Did you honestly rest up while you were finishing your IVs at home. I know I always wanted to jump right back into things and always ended up wearing myself down again before I would really be off IVs. Unless I really took the time to rest I usually didn't see much of an increase in my PFTs once I was sent home with IVs.

Just an idea or thought.

Hope things start looking up. I also agree with Mel in that sometimes the meds are just super hard on our bodies. Usually if I was on IVs 2 weeks I would start to feel really good and if I continued taking them longer I would start to wear down again just from all the crud in my body. I would normally have to take a few days to recoup from the IVs themselves.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

It may depend on the weather in your area. I typically have/had a harder time when the weather would change alot - if it were overly humid to dry or hot to rainy and cold or something like that.

Also going to throw this out there as I know I myself am guilty of this. Did you honestly rest up while you were finishing your IVs at home. I know I always wanted to jump right back into things and always ended up wearing myself down again before I would really be off IVs. Unless I really took the time to rest I usually didn't see much of an increase in my PFTs once I was sent home with IVs.

Just an idea or thought.

Hope things start looking up. I also agree with Mel in that sometimes the meds are just super hard on our bodies. Usually if I was on IVs 2 weeks I would start to feel really good and if I continued taking them longer I would start to wear down again just from all the crud in my body. I would normally have to take a few days to recoup from the IVs themselves.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Just an idea or thought.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Just an idea or thought.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Just an idea or thought.

Take Care,
Lindsey

nick9742

This happened to me back in May..I was in for 1 1/2 weeks and everything was headed up(about 30% up overall since I was admitted) and then one day I woke up feeling worse and my PFTs were back down to what they originally were when I came in. Needless to say I was disappointed I had lost that progress but the only thing they did was increase the hours and MG's of my antibiotics and I was in an extra week longer than usual but I was fine after that. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

nick9742

This happened to me back in May..I was in for 1 1/2 weeks and everything was headed up(about 30% up overall since I was admitted) and then one day I woke up feeling worse and my PFTs were back down to what they originally were when I came in. Needless to say I was disappointed I had lost that progress but the only thing they did was increase the hours and MG's of my antibiotics and I was in an extra week longer than usual but I was fine after that. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

nick9742

nick9742

nick9742